• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    It will still help.
    Lets say they have a daughter who works at a grocery store. Getting that daughter out of that store will stop her from spreading it.
    Leaving her say stocking shelves will cause massive spread.

Just giving up and saying no point in contact tracing because it is endemic is idiotic.

I takes contact tracing to make isolating and social distancing to be effective.

Ummm... The infected persons daughter doesn't exactly take an extensive questionnaire and lots of hours tracking down people. There might be a good example, but that isn't it.

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    Oooh, that reminds me: I traded CM a nice 4" 686-6 a few months back. I should ask if he'll leave it to me in his will.

But then again, considering he was able to fight his way through WWI with just a 1911, he'll probably out live us all.

And he came out of retirement for that!

Just think, CM modeled his look after meeting Lt. Colonel Custer in 1875, he couldn't decide on it or Thomas Jefferson sideburns, so he played rock, paper, scissors against himself in a mirror for 72 straight days.:oldwise:

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    I must be losin it. I thought those were bigass bongs. I mean, the green leefy stuff is right there!

I'll get the band to spread out a bit.

9f124c73bad2fd007b5d8c226f7807ff.jpg

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    The sad part(other than the person being in the hospital) is that it took 4 days to confirm they had covid-19. 4 Days after they where admitted into the hospital.

No mention of contact tracing?

Where the person worked ect?

The lack of information is causing spread for sure.

Board of health has very strict criteria for them to agree to screen. Private labs were 6-7 day turnaround to get a result as of yesterday, before one of the large testing centers lost power due to an earthquake

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I saw this statement by Chinese in January when they first made it. At the time, there were only a few hundred cases in China and some outside of Wuhan. It didn't make sense then and it doesn't now. They were also saying that the disease originated in a wet (live animal) market. Were they saying that all of those hundreds were exposed to the exact same live animal(s) in Wuhan? How else would it spread to hundreds of people except by human-to-human transfer?

Think of it as a more obfuscatory statement in bureaucratese, kind of like when they say there is no evidence that Joe and Hunter Biden did anything wrong in Ukraine (because they didn't look for any, not because the evidence didn't exist)

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Same here.

I am getting a essential travel permit tomorrow so something is up.

I have a "reliable" source that's been saying that for 2 weeks.

I absolutely believe it is an option being considered. I don't know what the triggers would be, but I also don't think those triggers have happened.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    I know for a fact that people are being told, by Docs that they DO have Corona but don't bother coming into hospital unless you have major trouble breathing. People are not being tested because we have no kits. It is impossible to get an accurate count the way it's being handled. Not saying anybody could have done any better but the numbers are just plain wrong. China isn't the only one that sells disinformation to it's people.
    Won't cross post, but, this looks like it may get personal to my wife and I due to the ineptness of health/ service providers in and out of the local school district :xmad:

Bob
    Call Eli Lilly's.
    https://www.fiercebiotech.com/medte...elp-boost-indiana-s-covid-19-testing-capacity

https://www.lilly.com/

1-800-545-5979 for covid-19 related calls.

They already have testing up and running. In the next 24 they will likely have drive through testing.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    My whole point was that there ain’t no way more people have died in Italy than in China, no way. The headline and the article struck me as ridiculous. Under 4000 deaths in China? Who believes that?

Yes, you're right. WHO does believe that. :):

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    So I guess there’s two ways to talk about it.
    I see your point in speaking about it like this in that you eliminate the unknown of how many will get infected, but it seems to me you don’t really know how many will need beds, because it’s still unknown how many will get infected.

And from what I've been reading, even after the initial hype, there appears to be evidence that chloroquine has efficacy in limiting the level of damage in serious cases and limiting the progression of cases to serious as well as speeding up the recovery process

It would appear to be one of the better hopes for the future. I hope to God that's not another drug the ChiComs manufacture

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    And from what I've been reading, even after the initial hype, there appears to be evidence that chloroquine has efficacy in limiting the level of damage in serious cases and limiting the progression of cases to serious as well as speeding up the recovery process

It would appear to be one of the better hopes for the future. I hope to God that's not another drug the ChiComs manufacture

Chloroquine, but only combined with some other big word the president talked about today, definitely giving some hope. Sounded like it was cheap and plentiful, I believe upthread someone said a nickel a pill or some such. It could be a game changer, probably still need to lock down but could make it 2 weeks instead of 2 months.

ETA searched for manufacturer, Bayer is donating 3 million tablets for research.bayer-preps-u-s-donation-malaria-med-chloroquine-to-help-covid-19-fight-report

Last edited:

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    I went to the post office to mail a package today.
    It was very crowded and I had to park in the far lot to walk in. I had no problems getting through. Everyone just parted like the Red Sea.

It was really weird. :dunno:

Oh...
    And I wore my CS Rig.

BsDT6NY.gif

I am NOT getting sick.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    I went to the post office to mail a package today.
    It was very crowded and I had to park in the far lot to walk in. I had no problems getting through. Everyone just parted like the Red Sea.

It was really weird. :dunno:

Oh...
    And I wore my CS Rig.

BsDT6NY.gif

I am NOT getting sick.
    Not sure if there is purple in there or not, but if you did I really admire you. We need to make this the new norm, like open carry and getting people used to seeing guns on hips.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom