• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Kdf101

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2013
    Sullivan County
    I vacillate between thinking the virus is super deadly and then thinking maybe it is over blown; I don’t know, it I agree with the others that I will miss CM. Very rare poster, but long time reader.

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    I find the cruise ship data interesting,but not a base line for cases. I do not consider it a worst case either. I checked and the rooms have individual heating and air systems. Worst case in my mind would be if they had central heating and air. A single building that did would be a better case study. And while yes many on that ship had plenty of exposure,still only around 42% actually became infected. I did find the case in I think in Toronto from the cruise ship interesting,only in the fact they tested negative 3 times in 2 weeks only to test positive 21 days after leaving the ship.

I think some of the cruise ship data is valuable,but it is by no means a picture of infection rates or even death rates as all of the people on that ship received first class medical care.Something that may not be possible in a broader sense.

Yeah, but the people on those cruises did plenty of co-mingling before being locked in their rooms. Plus their food all came from the same place and it looks like the highest rates of infection were far and away from staff members, so presumably there was a lot of activity from the infected to the healthy just by increased opportunity.

Anyhoo... There's plenty of fascinating studies to be about all of this once it's over, and it's a good thing it's not something 100x more deadly because we'd really be screwed since no one even really had a plan for this at all, but I don't think we'll have any answers until then. I'm still comforted by the fat that half of the people on the cruise ships aren't dead yet. I'll take it.

tbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    I’m suggesting that China is underreporting their deaths greatly.

I'm having trouble reconciling what you wrote and the headline and link you posted???
    I think you're saying lockdown is bs but in my mind the reason we need to lockdown(to whatever degree) is because china was a 'success' and Italy was a failure, because Italy let the people roam free and didn't take it seriously. What am I missing?

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    I am so sad this day. I only met CM one time. To think that I'll never see him again. If I just had the money for that 686. We know it will be a closed coffin funeral. May be they will have some black and white photos we can look at.

Oooh, that reminds me: I traded CM a nice 4" 686-6 a few months back. I should ask if he'll leave it to me in his will.

But then again, considering he was able to fight his way through WWI with just a 1911, he'll probably out live us all.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Oooh, that reminds me: I traded CM a nice 4" 686-6 a few months back. I should ask if he'll leave it to me in his will.

But then again, considering he was able to fight his way through WWI with just a 1911, he'll probably out live us all.

And he came out of retirement for that!

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area

I thought it was a Model 97 Trench gun.....at least that's what he told the [strike]rube[/strike] gun enthusiast that bought it......

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana

I really hope that during the eulogy someone tells the story of the time he punched out Hiram Maxim.

spencer rifle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Scrounging brass
    I think it is generally understood, at least on here, that the China number might as well have been authored by Dr. Seuss.

Except they don't rhyme.
    Or maybe A. A. Milne?

Master.jpg

tbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    My whole point was that there ain’t no way more people have died in Italy than in China, no way. The headline and the article struck me as ridiculous. Under 4000 deaths in China? Who believes that?

Wolfhound

Hired Goon
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Henry County
    My whole point was that there ain’t no way more people have died in Italy than in China, no way. The headline and the article struck me as ridiculous. Under 4000 deaths in China? Who believes that?

China has never and will never be honest and open about anything. It wouldn't surprise me if they actually had 100k deaths from the Corona Virus but we will never know the truth.

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana