• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    They will say I threatened a kid, woman, girlfriend, etc... Hopefully you will see thru this and warn others.

Honestly, how many times do you think the "dog ate my homework" will work as an excuse? There are more than 300,000,000 firearms floating around the nation, that's a lot of creative writing. I may be fooled once, but the next 299,999,999 times I will be slightly more "aware" of intent.

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    Guys let's drop the "what if" scenarios that are getting dangerously close to "discussion of civil war" etc. I know we're all thinking it but as of right now we won't play host to such discussion. Thanks for understanding.

:yesway: Haven't read the whole thread but I have to agree with this.

I think Kirk Freeman said it best a couple days ago ... everyone needs to breathe.

Remember Captain Parker, "Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon ..." Yes, I know there is more to that quote but we need to focus on the very profound ideal beneath the first words.

As of right now, there is only talk and a whole lot of sabre rattling from the other side. They mean to have their way but all their actions so far have only led to many on our side breaking ranks in an undisciplined and unruly way. Lets double down our efforts on four fronts ... contacting our elected officials at the Federal level, contacting our elected officials at the State level, contacting our elected officials at the Local level, and interacting at the personal level. Each level requires a unique approach and will offer a unique recourse if it goes badly for us at the National level.

Yes, fear the worst and prepare accordingly but do not neglect the fight that is in front of you now. Breathe deep and take it one step at a time.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Honestly, how many times do you think the "dog ate my homework" will work as an excuse? There are more than 300,000,000 firearms floating around the nation, that's a lot of creative writing. I may be fooled once, but the next 299,999,999 times I will be slightly more "aware" of intent.

But what if they did turn the heat all the way up to confiscation. What if they just bumped it a notch to say...banning the possession of high capacity mags? And a warrant was issued to arrest me because my neighbor ratted me out for not surrendering all of mine?

fireblade

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    Earth
    You're a COP?? :runaway::runaway::runaway:

:D

why yes he is

rrerer.png

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    I am counting on it sir :yesway:

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    But what if they did turn the heat all the way up to confiscation. What if they just bumped it a notch to say...banning the possession of high capacity mags? And a warrant was issued to arrest me because my neighbor ratted me out for not surrendering all of mine?

That doesn't cut the mustard for the issuance of a warrant.

PaulF

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 4, 2009
    Indianapolis

A quiet fear of mine is that, knowing some of you feel this way, the Gov't will just hire a buch of desperate people who will serve those warrants...something like TSA SWAT-Teams set loose on the public.

I hope it never comes to this, and I believe that now is the time to raise our voices in protest, and start a tsunami of support for 2A and "Good Guys with Guns" that really do exist!

But even if we don't succeed in this effort, the fight is not over.

I'd still like to be alive to contribute.

-Paul

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell

Friend, I know where you're coming from. But this is all hypothetical, we all know they're not going to start busting down doors and collecting guns. But it's easy to see some of the "common sense" non-sense coming to pass. And we already have police officers that will arrest you if you do not have a LTCH, we've got officers that will arrest you if you are caught with a gun on school property, so I have no doubt that when the next common sense law comes into effect, it may be just another drop in the ocean, but it will be enforced.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    I could imagine "crimes" that could be invented

The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren’t enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws. ~Ayn Rand

Top Bottom