• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    The butthurt blowhards comment was a test to get the trolls to come out from under their bridges, see if we could get to the root of the those peoples instability within their own lives that forces them to judge others they have not met. I'm friends with plenty of butthurt blowhards, I love them as dearly as my friends who are reasonable, but that's another story.....it really is bed time.

Did you just admit to purposefully trolling?

this thread is the Brady campaign's wet dream

Says the man who picked his job security over standing with Yeager. Not that I blame you one bit for your decision.

And this thread is hardly doing much for the Brady campaign. At best it's given DU something to make fun of.

013f6b2bdbf130a2037faf11884eb1eb.jpg

:rockwoot:

Too bad DISCRETION is misspelled.

Allowing the Constitution of these United States to be ignored DOES NOT WORK FOR ME,for so many reasons....

When was your last fire fight with the feds then?

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    And the alternative?

Arrest? death?

How will that restore my rights?

When they come with a warrant I will comply. What choice do I really have? Fight? What do you mean by that? Literally open fire on LEO/Gov't Agents serving a warrant? That doesn't work for me...for so many reasons.

How does getting into a firefight with law enforcement help me? How does it help you? How does it help the cause?

I hardly call it begging, don't you have to adapt to the situation as it presents itself?

-Paul

Are you talking about nation wide confiscation (as everyone else was) or are you talking about a warrant being issued because you (and only you) committed some sort of violent felony or domestic violence assault?

Two completely different things and you're now trying to mix them as if they were the same.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    Are you talking about nation wide confiscation (as everyone else was) or are you talking about a warrant being issued because you (and only you) committed some sort of violent felony or domestic violence assault?

Two completely different things and you're now trying to mix them as if they were the same.
    If they actually start trying to confiscate that is the way it will start, with warrants for each of us.There is not an officer here that would not execute a warrant issued tomorrow against one of us. That is how it may start and each person painted as a sociopath

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    If they actually start trying to confiscate that is the way it will start, with warrants for each of us.There is not an officer here that would not execute a warrant issued tomorrow against one of us. That is how it may start and each person painted as a sociopath

except I get the feeling these days that we'd see a new Ruby Ridge about every other day.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Guys let's drop the "what if" scenarios that are getting dangerously close to "discussion of civil war" etc. I know we're all thinking it but as of right now we won't play host to such discussion. Thanks for understanding.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

Keep mind this won't occur for a number of reasons. I personally wouldnt do it, primarily, for my belief in the 2nd amendment. The second reson I wouldn't do it, is that I don't think picking buckshot out of my #$@% is a pleasant experience.

PaulF

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 4, 2009
    Indianapolis

No, please don't get me wrong...I am also (generally) referring to a nationwide campaign against law-abiding gun owners. But was responding specifically to the question posed earlier in the thread...it was something like: when DHS shows up at your door what would you do?

I am assuming that when DHS shows up at my address they will have some sort of "government-legitimized" authority to do so. A warrant by the broadest of terms, perhaps...but for the purposes of the government...a warrant none the less.

I am not going to open fire on DHS. I don't believe killing cops will make me any freer. And neither will being killed by them.

I feel like the point of this should be to avoid an attempt at disarmament by the government in first place, so that no one is faced with this choice.

-Paul

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    Keep mind this won't occur for a number of reasons. I personally wouldnt do it, primarily, for my belief in the 2nd amendment. The second reson I wouldn't do it, is that I don't think picking buckshot out of my #$@% is a pleasant experience.
    Kut, I have a lot of respect for you sir, but you are going to tell me if you get a warrant to arrest, detain, and disarm BunnyKid in the morning you will not serve that warrant?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Kut, I have a lot of respect for you sir, but you are going to tell me if you get a warrant to arrest, detain, and disarm BunnyKid in the morning you will not serve that warrant?

If it's based solely on the "crime" of firearm ownership, no, I will not.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    If it's based solely on the "crime" of firearm ownership, no, I will not.

Ah...But that's the trick isn't it? Mind you I don't see a confiscation program on the horizon. But people are imaginative and necessity is the mother of invention. If a time came where "they" decided to make gun ownership difficult and tenuous, I could imagine "crimes" that could be invented to effectively separate owners from their guns.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Ah...But that's the trick isn't it? Mind you I don't see a confiscation program on the horizon. But people are imaginative and necessity is the mother of invention. If a time came where "they" decided to make gun ownership difficult and tenuous, I could imagine "crimes" that could be invented to effectively separate owners from their guns.

I'd like to think, that even though I'm a cop, I have a fair bit of sense and critical thinking.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I'd like to think, that even though I'm a cop, I have a fair bit of sense and critical thinking.

I'm sure you do.

But I really can't see the day where they'll send you to Bunnykid's house with a warrant to arrest him because he owns an "assault weapon". But what if some administrator judged him to be mentally deficient under some new law and therefore a danger to himself.... I'm sure they could even come up with some even more devious means than I could in just a couple minutes.

Even if you wouldn't comply, I'd bet there'd be many that would.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I'm sure you do.

But I really can't see the day where they'll send you to Bunnykid's house with a warrant to arrest him because he owns an "assault weapon". But what if some administrator judged him to be mentally deficient under some new law and therefore a danger to himself.... I'm sure they could even come up with some even more devious means than I could in just a couple minutes.

Even if you wouldn't comply, I'd bet there'd be many that would.

Im not sure they would even need new laws for that. :D

:stickpoke:

Top Bottom