• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • worddoer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   1
    Jul 25, 2011
    Wells County
    But what if they did turn the heat all the way up to confiscation. What if they just bumped it a notch to say...banning the possession of high capacity mags? And a warrant was issued to arrest me because my neighbor ratted me out for not surrendering all of mine?

The government does not need to have house to house tactical raids.

Will the mass of people comply? Probably. But I believe they will do so through coercion rather than by force.

The government does not have enough resources to tactically hit every household that would not comply if done so by force. We may be able to print the money to buy the supplies needed for this like guns and armor. But there will not be enough manpower to accomplish this.

Not to mention that to hit everyone tactically with force would create more sympathy and actually bolster a resistance. This method works against them, not for them.

No...if you want to accomplish your goal, you use blackmail / coercion. Hit people where it hurts, but not with force. Examples...

1. IRS could hold all tax returns until you comply.

2. Once government health care is setup, refuse medical treatment to those who do not comply.

3. Refuse to accept a suspects children into public school until you comply.

4. Deny all government payments until your comply. Unemployment, Food Stamps, Housing Assistance, Childcare Assistance, etc.

5. Refuse to allow suspects to use public transportation like air travel until you comply.

6. Refuse to renew or issue government documents until you comply. Drivers Licenses, Birth Certificates, Social Security Cards, Passports...all the important documents you need in life.

And these are just the few I could think up in a little time. This would make the majority comply without firing a single shot. Compliance through blackmail / coercion. If a ban is instigated, this is how it will be enforced.

Most politicians may be liars and thieves. But they are not stupid.

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Another option is that they could simply pass it, do little, but make sure we are the last generation.

Remember that people acclimate and deprivation is relative to experience.

An example:

We are used to not having access to $600 Full Auto NFA firearms. As a matter of fact, we would, most of us, recoil from having posession of an unregistered NFA item and look askanse at someone who did.

Why?

Because we those who came before were the last generation of Free NFA, Free FFL-less sales, Free travel, and so on.

That is where they have the greatest power: as a people we will acclimate.

Look at England, once the home of rifleman of two world wars and now if a .22lr round is found in the door frame of a business the police are called as if it were an IED.

Look at Australia, once the rugged home of criminals and men, now... You get the point.

They do not have to take anything other than normalicy.

Normalicy is what we are fighting for and if we lose it, allow a new normal of firearms ownership to become the entrenched expectation - then there will be no one to even remember what was lost.

So even if they do not kick doors, or go to court, or take legal action, or do anything active. If they are able to redefine normal - they will win in the end.

It is not a battle of me and mine, or you and yours.

It is a battle of futures, generations, and what we fight to leave behind.

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    Another option is that they could simply pass it, do little, but make sure we are the last generation.

An example:

We are used to not having access to $600 Full Auto NFA firearms. As a matter of fact, we would, most of us, recoil from having posession of an unregistered NFA item and look askanse at someone who did.

Why?

Because we those who came before were the last generation of Free NFA, Free FFL-less sales, Free travel, and so on.

Look at England, once the home of rifleman of two world wars and now if a .22lr round is found in the door frame of a business the police are called as if it were an IED.

Look at Australia, once the rugged home of criminals and men, now... You get the point.

Normalicy is what we are fighting for and if we lose it, allow a new normal of firearms ownership to become the entrenched expectation - then there will be no one to even remember what was lost.

So even if they do not kick doors, or go to court, or take legal action, or do anything active. If they are able to redefine normal - they will win in the end.

It seems that Appleseed Riflemen can hit the x-ring on more than one level.

Well said.

trapperDave

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Morristown, IN

An example:

Why?

this man ^^^ gets it! KUDOS!

traderdan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Martinsville
    That was fear. It was obvious.

I don't know that I agree....Of course that is the first time that I have ever paid any attention to JY.I will say that I do know a lot of people,who are not are not willing to be vocal, but are willing to resist those who would destroy our 1rst and 2nd amendment rights in any manner necessary....These are not the people that you will find voting in an online poll,but you might find them running a trotline....they could not care less about JY,and could instruct him on the art of the rifle and the tricks to survival.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    The government does not need to have house to house tactical raids.

Will the mass of people comply? Probably. But I believe they will do so through coercion rather than by force.

The government does not have enough resources to tactically hit every household that would not comply if done so by force. We may be able to print the money to buy the supplies needed for this like guns and armor. But there will not be enough manpower to accomplish this.

Not to mention that to hit everyone tactically with force would create more sympathy and actually bolster a resistance. This method works against them, not for them.

No...if you want to accomplish your goal, you use blackmail / coercion. Hit people where it hurts, but not with force. Examples...

1. IRS could hold all tax returns until you comply.

2. Once government health care is setup, refuse medical treatment to those who do not comply.

3. Refuse to accept a suspects children into public school until you comply.

4. Deny all government payments until your comply. Unemployment, Food Stamps, Housing Assistance, Childcare Assistance, etc.

5. Refuse to allow suspects to use public transportation like air travel until you comply.

6. Refuse to renew or issue government documents until you comply. Drivers Licenses, Birth Certificates, Social Security Cards, Passports...all the important documents you need in life.

And these are just the few I could think up in a little time. This would make the majority comply without firing a single shot. Compliance through blackmail / coercion. If a ban is instigated, this is how it will be enforced.

Most politicians may be liars and thieves. But they are not stupid.

Exactly. They have all sorts of history to look back on to learn what worked and what didn't...They are in deed, not stupid--quite the contrary.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell

An example:

Why?

And this redefinition of normalcy has effected change in peoples' attitude towards any number of other issues in society as well...many are embraced by us today.

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    And this redefinition of normalcy has effected change in peoples' attitude towards any number of other issues in society as well...many are embraced by us today.

Not all that was past is for the keeping. Not all change is bad.

But let's not tangent off into dispute and maintain a front on the issue we do agree on.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Not all that was past is for the keeping. Not all change is bad.

But let's not tangent off into dispute and maintain a front on the issue we do agree on.

Agreed. But much of what has been established as the new normalcy was done by people of the same mindset of those leading the charge against guns...and many of us now embrace their work.

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Agreed. But much of what has been established as the new normalcy was done by people of the same mindset of those leading the charge against guns...and many of us now embrace their work.

And many of old while professing individual liberty just loved to stick their noses in other people's business - just as long as they were the ones doing it.

But now back to your regularly scheduled fight for our guns.

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Does this mean Que HAS TO make a video of him as a Yaeger Boo Boo?

I think it is kinda required and all.

Either as a mod, or just as a guy who wants Fenway to have a good ride.

Top Bottom