• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    I've watched a couple of his videos. Too loud and obnoxious for me. I hear people like that all night at work. I'm not saying he doesn't know what he's talking about in his training videos...just not for me.

It's a shame he stepped on his wiener in this video. The outcome doesn't surprise me though due to current events. I don't think he did anyone any favors by making the statements he did. But I won't suffer the same consequences he will because of it.

Shay

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Indy
    I bet they would have suspended Thomas Jefferson's carry permit as well. He was kind of known for making outrageous statements.

Harleyrider_50

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 19, 2010
    So. Indiana
    So he shot his mouth off without thinking rationally about his public comments...loses his CCW. Wonder if that meanz they'll have him turn in his weapons.

:rolleyes:........Rec'n they took that 'one more inch' , LOL.....:):

:twocents:.......dude's a blowhard......an'a fool. if he want'd some attention, he's got it.......and'll have it from now on,LOL.....:):

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    forget about the swag. swag is good advertising.

This part could be interpreted as several TR courses. Maybe the instructor had left TR already, but see how the story flows? fwiw, I did not notice that you were getting a free course, too.

the bias argument. Getting classes for free would not negate a bias accusation - it would strengthen it.

I am not taking a position. You seemed to want to know where the idea could have come from, so I showed one possibility (the linked post).

:twocents:

So, according to your reasoning, because Esrice has had a relationship with TR, every person on the mod team is biased toward them. We promote Yeager's courses on the site to increase attendance of INGO members in his courses. In return, Yeager provides free courses to the mod team. Because Yeager gives us free courses, we support everything he says and does. Is this correct?

Honestly, I could see how this could be the case, if me and esrice were men lacking integrity and if every mod were getting these courses. However, even Fenway didn't get a free course. I would say that we are men with integrity, but of course my opinion is biased. I find myself defending this free class and the fact that the free information Yeager provides and esrice and other posts, in many cases, great content for discussion on INGO. It's gotten old, because the fact is, people do not change their minds.

There isn't a training course that exists that I am without the ability to pay for if I wanted to attend. So, that has nothing to do with the input I post concerning Yeager. If you read my posts, most of the time I disagree with how he says things and the image he projects, but I refuse to drag him through the mud because of my partially informed opinion. When/If I ever get to meet the man and have some time to talk to him, then I can form my opinion. Until then, I will choose to form my opinions, as in this case, with common sense.

Yeager doesn't represent me as a gun owner, just like Diane Feinstein doesn't. Criminals do not represent me. I'm not afraid of what people think about Yeager's actions. My concern in this instance is a man who lost the ability to protect himself and my hope is that the great state of Tennessee will restore his permit, soon.

Signal23

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 27, 2012
    Greenwood
    Really? Cuz I can't... I can't say anything good or positive or supportive about a threat to kill people for something that hasn't actually transpired.

I would sign it if it was started to permenantly revoke it. Without justification, he threatened to kill people... openly, publicly, with zero remorse. He hasn't been provoked: nothing has transpired, nothing as of yet, has changed

Because that's the guy they're legislating against...

That's they guy they think we ALL are...

When we try to show that they're wrong, "that guy" makes a Youtube video and starts threatening to kill people.

After watching it, despite agreeing in principle that gun control is bullcrap, let alone more gun control, the part where he's threatening to kill people had me seriously questioning if I want "that guy" carrying a gun.

I'm not, I'm trying to convince them they're wrong about us. Threatening to kill people is the polar opposite of that.

Agreed, in so far as nothing has actually been changed yet. So given that, threatening to kill people seems obscenely overzealous - and also, seems conduct unbecoming someone we're supposed to trust to carry a weapon, let alone teach us how to use it.

I agree , this is how this shakes out, James showed them what a dumb ask with a gun looks like. HE IS A TEACHER, THIS is not red dawn or a video game, and people are listening .

He will have to prove without any .doubt that he thinks safely and soundly about others safety and guns. One problem he will have is his danger checks and live fire stuff AS COMPARED TO WHAT THEY THINK IE SAFE. Personally, I think he is in deep Shat

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    I think Yeager had a different motive for offering Esrice a free class. I think he wanted to single Jeremy out, but he figured he would look like a tool. Instead, he offered Esrice the class and then went on his tirade, figuring it would look better.

Who am I kidding? Fenway is rolling in the dough and paid Yeager to offer Esrice a free class just to make him feel better about himself. He was going to pay Yeager to give everyone a class, but it cut into his Bughatti funds.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Hilarious government response to a perceived threat. "he's going to kill people with a gun he legally carries??? Oh no, take away his permit so he can't do that!!!"

Yeager loses carry permit, FPSRussia's business manager is shot... :tinfoil:

Mudcat

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Warrick county
    So he says what I have heard countless others say while standing around at the range, work, gun shows, on forums on and on and on. But now people think he did "us a dis-service" ? Do you really think that any of the anti-gunners like us? The only dis-service being done is the dividing of the gun community that is happening. I suppose you guys will be first in line at the next gun buy back they have?
    Ive heard worse statements and threats in music, anyone raise hell over that?

Just remember that we have the Ballot Box, Soap Box and the Ammo Box to keep our freedoms. James was using his Soap Box to speak what most gun owners have said before. James happens to have a very large Soap Box and people heard it, they are still hearing it. No one wants to use the Ammo Box, if as a country we go down that road. Our great country will never be the same on the other side no matter which side wins. But it must be known that it is an option.

Amsdorf

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 16, 2012
    Missouri
    I actually had taken this video down after hearing from a lot of people that I should not be criticizing a fellow gun enthusiast...I actually believed that for a while. I was wrong.

Yeager is a total and complete disgrace to the entire shooting community and to all responsible gun owners and users:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kgKXRIGZcOQ

Amsdorf

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 16, 2012
    Missouri
    Pretty interesting to read what true operators think of Yeager. Just caught up on the discussion at SOCOM.net

The guys there have been there and done that and are the real thing.

To a man they regard Yeager to be a total joke.

Valvestate

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2012
    NWI
    So he deserved to get his gub issued license suspended because he said was going to fight if the gub came for his guns? Nope. He's pissed, not psycho. The only reason it got taken away is because he said it alone. How many crappy gun laws would there be on the books if all the gun owners made such a clear statement? I'm thinking none.

Yup, I said it. :popcorn:

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    Pretty interesting to read what true operators think of Yeager. Just caught up on the discussion at SOCOM.net

The guys there have been there and done that and are the real thing.

To a man they regard Yeager to be a total joke.

To many....ah nevermind. No namecalling.

Top Bottom