• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    I actually had taken this video down after hearing from a lot of people that I should not be criticizing a fellow gun enthusiast...I actually believed that for a while. I was wrong.

Yeager is a total and complete disgrace to the entire shooting community and to all responsible gun owners and users:

yup, and you can't waste a good crisis to try and draw attention to yourself either huh?

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    I'll say it. I asked that WETSU be allowed to respond even though I knew I wouldn't be able to counter anything that was said.

Amsdorf

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 16, 2012
    Missouri
    yup, and you can't waste a good crisis to try and draw attention to yourself either huh?

Thanks for a thoughtful response to the concerns I have raised. You must have taken lessons in intelligent discussion from James "there is a 97% chance I'm smarter than you" Yeager.

:dunno:

Signal23

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 27, 2012
    Greenwood
    I'm not defending his statement. I believe it was absolutely wrong. I don't believe we can say, "well, it's no different than what the liberals have said." I'm only saying that when/if he takes this before whatever kind of panel they use in TN, he can say he only meant what he said within the context of protecting and defending the Constitution of the United States. I believe that is what he meant. I do not believe he meant that he would go out and shoot the first person he saw or is currently a danger to the general public. On the other hand, how does the State of TN know this? They do not, so they took what they perceived to be a proper action.

Why is is so difficult for people to look at all three sides of a situation?

******ALL THIS IS BROUGHT ON BY JAMES******
    In HIS own videos:
    He asks about threats, do they have the ability to harm??? (he would have ability)
    Does he have intent of harm???? (he repeatedly said he would)
    Did he have the oportunity to harm???? (none seen, but this is what is in question, would he follow through/if so/against who) if the other guys can prove a WHO or a PLAN........he's done. Either way he has produced enough video that says YOU CANT DO THIS...........and then he did it, that shows he was either mental or had intent.
    Self inflicted, by uncontrolled emotion. Likely what got him booted as an LEO. :twocents:

deadsquirrel

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Carmel
    As a gun community we need to take a lesson from the gun grabbers. They march lock step with each other toward the common goal of disarmorment. We need to quit eating our own and screaming at each other when we are all marching toward the same goal. If he said something dumb don't bring attention to it because it only works against us to highlight it that many more times

Signal23

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 27, 2012
    Greenwood
    Maybe I missed something he said but he doesn't get any due process? I find it disheartening that gun owners are fine with the 2nd being a privilege not a right just so a person they disagree with gets their priviliges taken away. What crime has he committed?

Welp he made a statement the he would do great physical harm........
    And the people that govern the way he said he would do that wanted to limit his ability to follow through until the find out if it is fact or fiction.

Just like if you drive drunk, the will suspend you till you go through the process

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    The two bolded parts describe precisely why there is a conflict of interest. Step back and think through what you wrote there.

Regardless of of if two, twenty, or two thousand members requested it, giving platform to only one person/viewpoint in a locked thread both looks like and is favoritism. If the thread is locked, it should be locked for everyone. That is unless some animals are more equal than others. Once again, think through what you just wrote.

If I were Fenway, I would be pretty damn hopeful that Jeremey was lying. If not, his staff on this site have probably created more than one cause of action for which he and they could potentially incur civil liability. Normally forums can't get in trouble for such, but when the staff gets involved they certainly can. Once again, I don't even know Jeremy's full name much less anything about him; but from what I do know it has been far from proven on here that he is a liar.

If he is not a liar, I wouldn't be surprised if his silence is at his lawyer's direction. Since his doesn't meet the "public figure" requirements under slander/libel/defamation; his burden and proof of damages requirements are not that high.

Joe

I always think before I write and review before I post. INGO is a community of somewhat like-minded gun owners and enthusiasts. Corporate culture doesn't necessarily fit in here, but there are standards created by the owner of the site.

I would like to know what kind of "action" you are referring to? Burden of proof, damages, blah, blah, blah. There are so many legal experts on INGO, it amazes me. By the way, INGO does have a lawyer that looks at anything that comes up that could be damaging to INGO, LLC. Also, I'm sure the same Freedom of Information Act request can be done by anyone, so if it came down to that, proof can be obtained.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    so now you are dogging on top notch instructors that have nothing to do with a video?

Gotta love keyboard commandoes...

Huh? I asked Que to give WETSU the opportunity to respond. I knew I wouldn't be able to reply. Which part is dogging?

45calibre

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 28, 2008
    NWI
    i wonder if all these "he making us look bad" people will be the first ones to register/turn them in, in the unlikely event that there is an AWB.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I'm done with this!

Guys, we are all over the place! There is not one of us (I believe) who will say what Yeager did was prudent. We may disagree concerning his right to say it or if the state was wrong. What I do see is every time his name is introduced, we end up attacking each other for some reason. I'm tired of it and I'm done! Yeager has had his permit taken away and I need to concentrate on doing something to ensure we all do not lose more than that.

I'll write with you guys in other forums.

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    I always think before I write and review before I post. INGO is a community of somewhat like-minded gun owners and enthusiasts. Corporate culture doesn't necessarily fit in here, but there are standards created by the owner of the site.

Since when are we arguing about corporate culture? It is pretty widely accepted that the only whores worse than paid advertisers are attorneys. Paid advertising is by definition loaded with conflicts of interest. Look at any gunrag for a prime example of ads driving content.

All I ask is that INGO stop acting like there is no conflict of interest when there obviously is one. Stop acting like a side hasn't been taken when it clearly has. Stop acting like there has not been benefits received and benefits given.

Any idiot looking from the outside can see that if I get something free in return for reviewing it, there is an incentive to speak well of it. That is not to say that esrice lacks integrity or lied or anything like that. All it is saying is that we have departed from the neutral and detached point of view.

I would like to know what kind of "action" you are referring to? Burden of proof, damages, blah, blah, blah. There are so many legal experts on INGO, it amazes me. By the way, INGO does have a lawyer that looks at anything that comes up that could be damaging to INGO, LLC. Also, I'm sure the same Freedom of Information Act request can be done by anyone, so if it came down to that, proof can be obtained.

While I am an attorney, I am not your attorney so maybe you should ask whoever you have on retainer. Mention defamation, particularly defamation per se with no need to prove actual damage. Mention "not a public figure". Mention "in course of employment/agency".

As you say you are a Vet, I'm sure you have had some dealings with military service records and their completeness, (or sometimes lack thereof).

Joe

Top Bottom