• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • griffin

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2011
    Okemos, MI
    Its hard to have a civil discussion when you get called naive don't ya think?
    No, absolutely not. I went on to point out other instances where this exact type of thing happens in law. All perfectly legal. You were naive. I didn't call you an ignorant ahole, for God's sake. I simply stated you didn't know what you were talking about. I thought naive was pretty much the mildest term I could use. What should I have said, that you didn't know what the hell you were talking about? :dunno:

That sounds worse to me.

For future reference you should try letting your points do the talking instead of throwing a cheap shot in there.
    I thought I did make my points. And I didn't need to cite TN law because someone previously did.

I am from Indiana and come to Indiana often. Tell you what, I'll buy you a steak dinner and we can discuss this and how the US and state congresses are screwing us over.

Deal?

NetPIMP

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Columbus, IN
    I will use my gun to protect my property as well as me and my family from death or great bodily harm. Hasn't happened yet and I hope it never does but if that's my plan, stating it now has no bearing on past present of future.

This is a far cry from hauling off and threatening to "kill people" based on news reports about what they, or someone else (he's never clear) might do, or are talking about doing.

What you're describing is a response to a direct threat to your (or a family member's) life, well being, or property... a direct, physical, clear & present threat.

NOT the same thing...

While there are some that are rejoicing in Yeager losing his permit, I'm not one of them. I'm angry with him for providing the avenue for that to happen, but I don't rejoice in it. Also, I will not take the side of those who rejoice in seeing it happen (gun grabbers or gun owners)...

I don't think this is a fair or accurate representation of my response to his suspension. I'm not "rejoicing" ... rejoicing? as in, I'm happy about it? Really?

I'm pissed - just like you are...

Look, he brought this on himself with what he did, but to he honest, in so far as it causes him problems, I fresh out of f**k's to give...

What I'm angry about is the BS negative attention he is bringing down on gun owners in general. The grabbers don't point to the doctors/lawyers/smart people you mentioned earlier - the point to the "crazy gun nut in that video" and say "that's who we're dealing with!"

You think I'm rejoicing about that? :n00b:

... or get off from pointing their finger saying, "I told you so!"

I never said "I told you so" about anything... in fact, my frustration is that he is giving the "grabbers" an avenue to say just that: "I told you, these people are crazy!"

You want to let him off the hook because you feel his rights were trampled on... Tell you what, I agree with that - I just don't think it is the State of TN doing it. He did it all by himself.

No one said Yeager's public statements rose to the level of illegality, nor merited arrest and incarceration. There are many things that aren't illegal that warrant the suspension or revocation of a carry license. Insanity comes to mind.

Openly and publicly threatening to shoot/kill people who do not present a direct/physical/clear/present threat to you just because you're mad (even if you're absolutely right to be super pissed) doesn't present a picture of sanity.

Clearly, it draws the attention of local law enforcement, and they don't like it when people with guns make threats - that's all kinds of unwanted questions about your sanity.

griffin

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2011
    Okemos, MI
    They made actual specific threats, they should have been investigated for that.. "concealed carry firearms licenses" aren't the only issue here.
    All they did was suspend Yeager's carry license. Apples to apples would be to suspend their carry licenses.

Or are you suggesting unequal treatment under the law?

NetPIMP

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Columbus, IN
    Clearly, it draws the attention of local law enforcement, and they don't like it when people with guns make threats - that's all kinds of unwanted questions about your sanity.

Forgot to add: ... especially if you're Internet famous and lots of people know who you are, unlike some random trollz on the Twittersphere who nobody's ever heard of....

Last edited:

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    This is a far cry from hauling off and threatening to "kill people" based on news reports about what they, or someone else (he's never clear) might do, or are talking about doing.

What you're describing is a response to a direct threat to your (or a family member's) life, well being, or property... a direct, physical, clear & present threat.

NOT the same thing...

I don't think this is a fair or accurate representation of my response to his suspension. I'm not "rejoicing" ... rejoicing? as in, I'm happy about it? Really?

I'm pissed - just like you are...

Look, he brought this on himself with what he did, but to he honest, in so far as it causes him problems, I fresh out of f**k's to give...

What I'm angry about is the BS negative attention he is bringing down on gun owners in general. The grabbers don't point to the doctors/lawyers/smart people you mentioned earlier - the point to the "crazy gun nut in that video" and say "that's who we're dealing with!"

You think I'm rejoicing about that? :n00b:

I never said "I told you so" about anything... in fact, my frustration is that he is giving the "grabbers" an avenue to say just that: "I told you, these people are crazy!"

You want to let him off the hook because you feel his rights were trampled on... Tell you what, I agree with that - I just don't think it is the State of TN doing it. He did it all by himself.

Openly and publicly threatening to shoot/kill people who do not present a direct/physical/clear/present threat to you just because you're mad (even if you're absolutely right to be super pissed) doesn't present a picture of sanity.

I didn't direct my comment at you and I don't recall reading anything you posted, but I don't disagree with anything you've stated here.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    So, where is the money that Yeager was given? How does that linked post give the impression that the mods have given Yeager money? Yeah, Fenway sent a t-shirt and a cap. He does that all the time. I've given several members here free caps, patches, etc. I just sent out a couple just last week.

What argument are you suggesting that "free" doesn't negate? The fact that the swag to Yeager was free or the classes to me and esrice were free?

FYI I've managed to get grease across the front of my INGO shirt.
    I'm going to need a replacement.... I don't want to be sporting a funky shirt.
    Bad presentation and all of that.
    :D

Please send a replacement to:
    Old printcraft
    Care of the funny farm.

Man, do you ever stop?!

bunny_animation.gif

wabash

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 8, 2008
    SouthWest Indiana
    forget about the swag. swag is good advertising.

How does that linked post give the impression that the mods have given Yeager money?

This part could be interpreted as several TR courses. Maybe the instructor had left TR already, but see how the story flows? fwiw, I did not notice that you were getting a free course, too.

I first came to know about Tactical Response back in 2008 when INGO first opened it's doors. Their then-President Shay (Shay) was a fellow Moderator and I quickly deemed him a "training evangelist", as he truly had a zeal for training and making people safer. Later when I had the opportunity to take all 6 of Shay's courses I found him to be an excellent instructor.

Then I came to learn about Tactical Response's owner and CEO James Yeager.

What argument are you suggesting that "free" doesn't negate? The fact that the swag to Yeager was free or the classes to me and esrice were free?

the bias argument. Getting classes for free would not negate a bias accusation - it would strengthen it.

I am not taking a position. You seemed to want to know where the idea could have come from, so I showed one possibility (the linked post).

:twocents:

Amsdorf

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 16, 2012
    Missouri

griffin

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2011
    Okemos, MI
    When do I get to say, "I told you so!"

Any time you want. Everyone knows Yeager is unstable, even his "friends." Everyone has always known it. Many here told him to consider removing his "murder" statements, but he told them, "f' you, I'm not doing it."

It took an attorney to make him reconsider.

Many people follow him just waiting to see when he will achieve critical mass. He's tried hard to turn his small town Barney Fife reality into a Chuck Norris myth. I don't fault him for that. I applaud initiative and enthusiasm. I fault him for the caricature he has become.

He even sports tattoos of a belt-fed machine gun spurting out empty cartridges and belt links on his left arm. The guy is clearly unstable. He has no self control.

This entire "heat of the moment" thing is laughable. After the "heat of the moment" he had a chance to pull it down and he didn't. After his INGO mod friends encouraged him to pull it down, he told them to "f' off." He didn't pull it down then, either.

He wasn't drunk and he had plenty of chances to pull his video down. He didn't because he is unstable and has no self control. He is a loose canon.

Some people fault the police and ask why they didn't do something earlier before someone massacres a room full of people. Now we get this yahoo. Thanks, James.

Last edited:

griffin

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2011
    Okemos, MI
    Yeager is unstable and has no self control. We've all seen that in his prior videos.

The mods here love him. I can't figure it out. When anyone points out a problem, the mods laugh.

It has been suggested that there is a monetary link.

Last edited:

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    Just imagine if the lawmakers knew that there were 2, 000, 000 America s that was on board with mr. Yeagers thinking. Ya think that might send a message? They know that most people will grip and moan but at the same time comply. Americans as a general rule usually try to do the right thing. But there comes a time where they/we refuse to take anymore. I tend to think we are close to being tired of paying for the idiots of this countrys actions. It is really starting to get old.

Nakatomi

Tactically Cool
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.8%
    80   1   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Indianapolis
    He sure has stirred up a lot of anti-gun hate for us. His mall ninja "I'm a badass" persona
    along with his death threats aren't doing us any favors lol

Top Bottom