Not open for further replies.

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Like BloodEclipse, I have to jump off board for a while and will be back later.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    I can give a rats *** about impressions. People can construe anything they want. So we need to guard our thoughts and speech so someone doesn't get offended or try to use our words against us? I might as well STFU then.
    If you live life worrying about what others think of you, I think you are weak. Do you care what I think? I doubt it.

You sure don't have to care, but the Mods and Fenway do. If this site goes in the can it's an inconvenience to you. It's the loss of a lot of hard work for Fenway and the Mods. You're in their house.

henktermaat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    1. Maybe they were not discussed. So what? How many people view and read a thread without commenting on it?

2. I can give a rats *** about impressions. People can construe anything they want. So we need to guard our thoughts and speech so someone doesn't get offended or try to use our words against us? I might as well STFU then.
    If you live life worrying about what others think of you, I think you are weak. Do you care what I think? I doubt it.

The sensitive should bow out and just head on over here. I'm sure there's a new brunch tablecloth to be discovered or something.

Beau

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Colorado
    Two things:

1. A good number of the new topics from Haldir were never discussed. They were simply spam.
    2. The impressions which a quick glance at the politics sub-forum would give are very negative to most people & make wonderful kindling if other groups decide they want to roast us. Mind you, I said "quick glance", not "detailed study". I feel that the sheer quantity of anti-Islam spam makes us look bad as a community. It's a very very loud minority of us who really believe that all of Islam is poison. The rest of us (speaking for myself) would prefer to not be associated with what others could construe as ignorant bigotry.
    For the record, I believe that any belief system becomes poison when it is introverted & unbending. There are sects of every religion which fit this description.

I'm sure most of us still welcome open discussion about any topic on this forum. 'Discussion' being the key word.
    Just because there was no discussion does not mean the posts were spam. speaking for myself I was afraid to discuss it. The posts that did spark discussion instantly attracted the attention of a couple mods. Any disagreement with what they (mods) said resulted in the thread being locked.

cce1302

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Back down south
    The sensitive should bow out and just head on over here. I'm sure there's a new brunch tablecloth to be discovered or something.
    Maybe some tips on insider trading (I'm not condoning insider trading or any other illegal activity, nor do I want mention of such things to come around and cause legal trouble for Fenway or any of the M-ds. I am solely responsible for my post).

henktermaat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Maybe some tips on insider trading (I'm not condoning insider trading or any other illegal activity, nor do I want mention of such things to come around and cause legal trouble for Fenway or any of the M-ds. I am solely responsible for my post).

:laugh:

Paco Bedejo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 23, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    1. Maybe they were not discussed. So what? How many people view and read a thread without commenting on it?

2. I can give a rats *** about impressions. People can construe anything they want. So we need to guard our thoughts and speech so someone doesn't get offended or try to use our words against us? I might as well STFU then.

Search through some of my posts in the politics forum. You'll find that I don't really care what others think of ME. However, I'm sure Fenway & the mods care about the public perception of INGO. You should too. Whether you realize it or not, INGO has a public/political presence.

BloodEclipse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    In the trenches for liberty!
    Search through some of my posts in the politics forum. You'll find that I don't really care what others think of ME. However, I'm sure Fenway & the mods care about the public perception of INGO. You should too. Whether you realize it or not, INGO has a public/political presence.

No one is capable of idiot proofing their speech. If someone is determined to paint you a certain way, they can take your words out of context, they can apply assumptions that are incorrect.

If something I say offends you, tell me and we can discuss it.

It is pretty petty to run and tell a mod IMO.

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    No one is capable of idiot proofing their speech. If someone is determined to paint you a certain way, they can take your words out of context, they can apply assumptions that are incorrect.

You can even make a career out of this. (see Michael Moore)

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    I don't know the entire situation here, this thread is the first time I've heard about the ban. But just my :twocents: this forum is relatively lightly moderated. I have seen some that are an almost total freeforall, and others that I'd say half the posts on this forum would be pulled. But this is Fenways "House" that he has invited us all into and we need to follow his rules or leave. Myself I don't find his rules to be all that restricting.

As one of the other posters in this thread said, part of the problem is people who try to push the edge. I have done it myself a time or two :rolleyes:.
    I'm not saying that Haldir was or was not. I don't have enough information to even make a guess about it.

I think I've had 2 posts pulled, and was asked not to start a thread after I asked a mod about it. Because it would(not may but guaranteed would) in his opinion and mine also, degenerate into a bashing/civil war/etc thread and would probably result in infractions and possible bans and we couldn't figure out a way to post it that it wouldn't(although I did just get an idea and will PM him about it), although we both agreed that it was a good topic. The one post that was pulled I received an explanation about before it was yanked, and was on my way to edit it myself when I found out it had already been pulled. The other I received no info on, but I can understand why, it was not against any of the :rules: but would of most likely caused some posts that were, and would of resulted in the thread being locked even earlier.

But back on topic, I like the political section here. I get more info than I would get without it. On all levels and about various news. Along with seeing opposing viewpoints, which is one of the reasons I also visit some very left wing sites. And I wouldn't mind a bit if it was split into different catagories, although I would prefer no specific bans on what politics can be discussed. But I can understand why they would like to limit or prohibit certain types of posts ie civil war etc. This is a public forum that anyone can view and Fenway has stated he wants to keep it "moderate" so as not to give antis an easy opportunity to bash.

I want to find a smiley with a match LOL

Why settle for a match? :flamethrower: A job worth doing is a job worth doing right.

3) Feel free to use the most vile language when call Christians names. The mods will not intervene, or call you the bigot you are for doing so. For whatever reason, while terrorists and their supporters are not to be offended in any way, it seems to be fine to attack Christians and Christianity.

I'll agree that I've seen some anti-Christianity posts here, but can you show any poster putting up half a dozen threads on a daily basis bashing it? Or showing Christian atrocities? I haven't seen imo what you are saying, and yes I am a Christian.

Paco Bedejo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 23, 2009
    Fort Wayne

You're correct. But what INGO can & has done is stopped the massive flow of spam which attempts to paint all Muslims and Middle Easterners as Terrorists. Such spam makes us, as a group in the public eye, look like ignorant bigots, imo. I know you don't care about such things, I really don't much either. However, the people who matter seem to & you should respect their wishes, imo.

What I care more about, to be honest, is that a few very loud & persistent members stifle any discussion which refutes the supposedly popular belief that all Muslims wish to do horrible things to your puppies. A few of us try to stand tall amid torrential belittling during such discussions, but most don't. Such internet bullying might just be why Fenway & the mods want to cut down on spam threads such the ones we're currently discussing. :twocents:

Or...it may just boil down to them not liking it when someone plagiarizes another site without attributing the content & doesn't add any content of their own to even halfway justify it. :rolleyes:

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    You're correct. But what INGO can & has done is stopped the massive flow of spam which attempts to paint all Muslims and Middle Easterners as Terrorists. Such spam makes us, as a group in the public eye, look like ignorant bigots, imo. I know you don't care about such things, I really don't much either. However, the people who matter seem to & you should respect their wishes, imo.

What I care more about, to be honest, is that a few very loud & persistent members stifle any discussion which refutes the supposedly popular belief that all Muslims wish to do horrible things to your puppies. A few of us try to stand tall amid torrential belittling during such discussions, but most don't. Such internet bullying might just be why Fenway & the mods want to cut down on spam threads such the ones we're currently discussing. :twocents:

Or...it may just boil down to them not liking it when someone plagiarizes another site without attributing the content & doesn't add any content of their own to even halfway justify it. :rolleyes:

It takes a lot of gall to complaing about "stifling discussion," even as you are applauding and supporting actions which do just that. What you, and INGO really mean is you want to stifle points of view with which you disagree. None of you are honest enough to just say so, though.

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Such internet bullying might just be why Fenway & the mods want to cut down on spam threads such the ones we're currently discussing. :twocents:

Or it may be that they don't particularly care to be targets of invited terrorism?

cce1302

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Back down south

Was irony the effect you were going for here?

Oh, I like the "stand tall amid torrential belittling" part, too. Emotionally gripping.

Paco Bedejo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 23, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    It takes a lot of gall to complaing about "stifling discussion," even as you are applauding and supporting actions which do just that. What you, and INGO really mean is you want to stifle points of view with which you disagree. None of you are honest enough to just say so, though.

The point, Joe, is that most of it was NOT discussion. They were threads with 1 original post (which is oxymoronic, considering they were copy/pastes from other sites), then dead silence or 3 or 4 posts of anti-Islamic rhetoric being parroted from the same 3 or 4 people each time. If anyone, such as myself, attempted to discuss a differing opinion, we were bullied out of the thread quickly by people who would pick apart each & every single word we typed & try to twist them. So, most of the threads were just left alone & not discussed.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom