• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Honestly, that's pretty important. I have to find that out pretty early, otherwise its out the door and to the curb. :dunno:

I completely agree but it is amazing how many couples don't announce that up front. I've seen it on here. But that reinforces my point. If these were rules up front, we could have taken them or left them. Now the rules are being made up as we go.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Crap I walk away for an hour or so and come back and who do I find trying to cause trouble? :): That just made my day. Wow. Just wow.

Metro, Just like you to take all kinda things the wrong way. Yea, I do have a problem with the way this board is run. I'm not the only one. I guess I should be banned for that? Really? Ok. Ban me cause I disagree with something. Isn't that the point of the half this thread?

And you call us insane? Aren't you the one who said you have friends on the West side and admitted you check up on me IRL? (That's In Real Life since you're a little slow) Someone who uses their police power to "check on" some guy from the internet. I'd go find that post from you, but for some reason you went through your past posts and deleted them. :dunno: Yea, You have NO room to talk.

You sit here and say this should be a strictly gun only site. You have no idea what that would do to this forum. And maybe you would like that. Maybe you'd like to see half the active membership go dormant. Maybe you'd like to see that us "crazies" who actually care about this Country and our fellow man go somewhere else. Well, until Fenway makes it so, we're not going anywhere. Don't like it, use the ignore button.

Lars

Rifleman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Cedar Creek, TX
    I'm primarily amused that in all these posts..... There have been what.... 50 or so of the 1341 people who have logged on in the last 24 hours weighing in with their opinion.

That in itself is pretty telling.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I'm primarily amused that in all these posts..... There have been what.... 50 or so of the 1341 people who have logged on in the last 24 hours weighing in with their opinion.

So somebody make a command decision one way or the other and be done with this. This limbo crap only leads to confusion and division.

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    lock_it_up_hat-p148013727109787745qz14_400.jpg

Andre46996

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Hammond

Not trying to stir the pot, but I do have a question??

How many of those just visited the classifieds??

Many of the members who posted in here are the same members who are on daily and contribute to other areas of the board as well.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Not trying to stir the pot, but I do have a question??

How many of those just visited the classifieds??

Many of the members who posted in here are the same members who are on daily and contribute to other areas of the board as well.

He's well aware of who the active participants are, and who they aren't. And well aware that the implication he's trying to make is as dishonest as the one he made when he called Haldir racist.

henktermaat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009

We appreciate the mods letting this pan out. It is messy but its important enough for people to weigh in. :ingo:

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008

Could it also be that those other 1280 or so people aren't concerned with politics? Maybe they just don't ever post and don't think this is a good time to start? Maybe as Andre said, they don't care about politics and only about what they can buy and sell? At least the 50 or so of us that have posted here care enough about this site to speak out and say something in hopes of saving this board from imploding....

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Reference Quote please, Thanks.

Oh.. are you really going to try to claim the stormfront reference to his posts in your poll wasn't an implication he was racist? Do you really have such contempt for the members of this forum that you will convince anyone of that?

Lars

Rifleman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Cedar Creek, TX
    Fair enough. Although to be honest until tonight I didn't know what Stormfront was. I grabbed a bunch of "big name" news aggregate sites I was aware of and stuck them in the poll.

-1 for Lars. I'll own up to making a mistake....

For what it's worth. Can anyone in this thread tell me the last time I passed out an Infraction on one of them?

I can tell you in the politics forum I don't remember ever deleting a post, nor closing a thread.

I've not banned anyone who wasn't trying to spam cell phone ads on the site.... In the entire time I've been a moderator. (dates back to.... June 08 I believe.)

Metro 40

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2008
    So somebody make a command decision one way or the other and be done with this. This limbo crap only leads to confusion and division.

I agree with this. Personally, I'd take Haldir's "spam" over the ranting of the few hothead lunatics that have to be warned over and over to quit posting about killing their fellow citizens over political differences. There doesn't seem to be a lot of rhyme or reason regarding warnings, infractions, bans, etc. on this board lately. Heck, if I was running this board, I would have banned myself long ago for talking smack to Savage Eagle, but only after banning him for his shoot-your-neighbor SHTF fantasy posting that he used to do, even after being "warned." (He must be getting laid, he's been a lot more reasonable lately. :D)

Watching this mod team lately is like watching a hockey game. I see a lot of back and forth, but there are no balls on the playing field.

:cool:

You gonna do something, or just stand there and bleed?

:)

Yeah

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 3, 2009
    Dillingham, AK
    I'm one of the 'other' people who've yet to comment in this thread. Didn't read the whole thing but read enough.

Growing pains. There is a series of problems web forums go through that correlates with their size. Like the time this place went from being a small group of people who more or less knew each other, to being a truly 'public' forum, there were complaints about people being mean to other people. Now we see hurt feelings over politics.

If you come to a gun forum for politics, and get surprised that there are ultra conservative viewpoints being expressed, you made a serious wrong turn somewhere and need to go back the way you came. But there will always be people on both sides of that who take the internet way too seriously and get their feelings hurt enough to complain. It is just an inextricable part of having a user base of a certain size and letting it discuss politics. Nothing can be done about it I've seen it 100 times going back to when we called a place like this a BBS.

You cannot give offense. You can only take it.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Fair enough. Although to be honest until tonight I didn't know what Stormfront was. I grabbed a bunch of "big name" news aggregate sites I was aware of and stuck them in the poll.

For what it's worth. Can anyone in this thread tell me the last time I passed out an Infraction on one of them?

I can tell you in the politics forum I don't remember ever deleting a post, nor closing a thread.

I've not banned anyone who wasn't trying to spam cell phone ads on the site.... In the entire time I've been a moderator. (dates back to.... June 08 I believe.)

Fair enough.

So what happened this time? So, the guy made some posts some folks didn't like. I will guarantee you the people complaining to you have made posts some of us didn't like. Do you really want us all yammering at you about posts we don't like? I've done it a couple times today, as much to make a point as anything else. Do you really want us all reporting every post we have a political disagreement with, and expecting those posters to be banned? So Haldir made some posts everyday about terrorists here and abroad. As I said, I usually didn't read them, because I actually get my news from real news sites. He also participated actively in other forums, made a number of other posts, and today we're told point blank that he didn't... hopefully something the mods weren't actually aware of simply because he wasn't the most prolific poster at on any subject.

And he's gone... because of 5 or 6 posts a day? That frankly makes no sense to ban a long standing, highly rated member out of the blue simply because some people didn't like his political leanings. And that's not how things have been run before. Yet now... they are being run that way, apparently to throw a bone to a few people who cannot tolerate differing political opinion. And now you all are faced with the task of treating ALL political speech, posts, and posters, and even non political speech, in the same way or being called out on the bias.

This was handled in a **** poor fashion, IMHO. As I told another poster who PM'd me asking me to back off before I'm banned, I'm flat disgusted, and I smell bullying going on. I don't deal with either well, and I'm even more disgusted that this action has created a climate of fear here, well founded fear, that it's only a matter of time until the new group seeking to shut down political thought they disagree with claims another long time poster.

ATF Consumer

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    South Side Indy

Not me...I've only noticed my posts being deleted ever since Techres and Shooter were added to the Mod gang.

Pami

INGO Mom
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Next to Lars
    I think the arguments have been made for and against on several different topics here, and this thread has worn its welcome.

Please give us a few days to discuss the various issues at hand (or at least wait until Fenway is able to log on for more than a few minutes each night).

But for right now, this discussion is closed.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom