• Status
    Not open for further replies.

rmcrob

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2008
    Plainfield
    I'm sorry, but my right to unabridged freedom of speech is anything but "Junior High". I am an American before anything else, before being a gun owner. I'm not only a gigantic fan of the Second Amendment, I love them all, especially the first. I'm sad to see that you disagree. True freedom is speech is so important for the United States.
    Sorry to break it to you, fellow, but freedom of speech doesn't mean freedom from consequences. Say whatever you want, but expect to get banned if it doesn't fit with the owner's desire.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    :hijack:
    Does anyone know which post has had the most pages/replies to it in INGO's histroy? How many did the one on the Youtube video regarding the stealing of the toy gun have?

Looks like this one may get up into that area but don't think it will pass it.
    It's been some fun reading however so far. Best free entertainment online 4-sure!

:popcorn:

oh and

v2.gif

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    :hijack:
    Does anyone know which post has had the most pages/replies to it in INGO's histroy?

Has to have been the Christmas Eve contest.

ETA - I was wrong. From what I can see, by number of posts, it is "Ban Hammer: The Game" with 4662. By number of views, it is "The Funny Pic Thread" with 199,284. :eek: The woman stealing the present thread had 445 posts and 16,668 views. The Christmas Eve contest had 4237 posts and 9986 views. Any way you cut it, this thread doesn't even start to compete.

Last edited:

Paco Bedejo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 23, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    The thing I liked most here is that it seemed we were able to post or discuss anything so long as it was kept civil.

Two things:

1. A good number of the new topics from Haldir were never discussed. They were simply spam.
    2. The impressions which a quick glance at the politics sub-forum would give are very negative to most people & make wonderful kindling if other groups decide they want to roast us. Mind you, I said "quick glance", not "detailed study". I feel that the sheer quantity of anti-Islam spam makes us look bad as a community. It's a very very loud minority of us who really believe that all of Islam is poison. The rest of us (speaking for myself) would prefer to not be associated with what others could construe as ignorant bigotry.
    For the record, I believe that any belief system becomes poison when it is introverted & unbending. There are sects of every religion which fit this description.

I'm sure most of us still welcome open discussion about any topic on this forum. 'Discussion' being the key word.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Now this thread has officially stalled out. Has anything been solved?

1) Don't say bad things about terrorists. For some reason, there are people here who do not like that, who will complain, and the mods will ban you.

2) After banning you, they will defame you by calling you a spammer, and implying you belong to racist groups.

3) Feel free to use the most vile language when call Christians names. The mods will not intervene, or call you the bigot you are for doing so. For whatever reason, while terrorists and their supporters are not to be offended in any way, it seems to be fine to attack Christians and Christianity.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    This situation sucks. Bye, Haldir.

Spamming as the reason just doesn't fit very well in this case. :twocents:

My postings would have to contain more substance to even qualify as spam.

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    3) Feel free to use the most vile language when call Christians names. The mods will not intervene, or call you the bigot you are for doing so. For whatever reason, while terrorists and their supporters are not to be offended in any way, it seems to be fine to attack Christians and Christianity.

This is the second time I've seen you post this. Not that I am doubting you, but I'm really curious where this has been going on around INGO as I've not seen it. Feel free to PM me with links.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Two things:

1. A good number of the new topics from Haldir were never discussed. They were simply spam.
    2. The impressions which a quick glance at the politics sub-forum would give are very negative to most people & make wonderful kindling if other groups decide they want to roast us. Mind you, I said "quick glance", not "detailed study". I feel that the sheer quantity of anti-Islam spam makes us look bad as a community. It's a very very loud minority of us who really believe that all of Islam is poison. The rest of us (speaking for myself) would prefer to not be associated with what others could construe as ignorant bigotry.
    For the record, I believe that any belief system becomes poison when it is introverted & unbending. There are sects of every religion which fit this description.

I'm sure most of us still welcome open discussion about any topic on this forum. 'Discussion' being the key word.

1) Just because they are not discussed doesn't make them spam. They were informative posts and most probably felt no need to discuss them further. That is not spam. Spam is not information your don't want. Spam is "Learn how to grow LARGER!" "Come check out my webcam" and other things of the sort.

2) I feel offended by some of the memberships posts, but others do not. Does that mean we should shun those I do not like? Also, the gun culture as a whole is something many people dislike very much. They could use ANYTHING we say and turn it negative. However, Just because one person says something stupid, MOST people know that it's just the opinion of that one person and not the whole group. Only when the WHOLE group agrees does it become the opinion of the whole group.

If you don't like the content of someone's post and/or find it offensive, you have two options. Debate or ignore. It's really that simple.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Has to have been the Christmas Eve contest.

ETA - I was wrong. From what I can see, by number of posts, it is "Ban Hammer: The Game" with 4662. By number of views, it is "The Funny Pic Thread" with 199,284. :eek: The woman stealing the present thread had 445 posts and 16,668 views. The Christmas Eve contest had 4237 posts and 9986 views. Any way you cut it, this thread doesn't even start to compete.

Thanks! Forgot about the funny pics one. That is a lot of views.

henktermaat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    This situation sucks. Bye, Haldir.

Spamming as the reason just doesn't fit very well in this case. :twocents:

My postings would have to contain more substance to even qualify as spam.

:+1: for honesty

It's gotta be the content... right? No one wants to be associated with a site that allows anti-islam content to be posted. Because, as we all know, that's just bigoted hatred :rolleyes:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom