• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Be a real member of the forum and not a "post my obsession 5-10 threads" a a day and leave kind of guy and there won't be any issue. Frankly, we don't have any other members like Haldir and the issue is not on our radar with any other users at this time.

And if you are looking for a hard number, that is a trap (intentional or unintentional) that I will not fall into.

Really? I seem to recall other members doing the same thing. In the politics section, the break room, and other firearms related subforums. These members have not been banned.

Look, I don't care that someone got banned. I care about the fact that posts are deleted, threads closed because one or two mods don't like it, and that there is even a DISCUSSION about limiting what kinds of topics related to politics can be posted in the politics section.

INGO has always been a great place to go to get current events news, get help with firearms, and make friends with people with the same interests. However, lately, the forum seems to be acting more and more like our very own government. I pointed this out months ago when Bill became a Mod. Now, I like Bill. He's smart, he's a great guy, I have no beef with BoR as a Mod, a member, or a person.

However, me and him had this discussion and I told him how this forum is becoming more and more like how our very own government is transforming. It's pretty sad and while you might have a membership that is growing and in the top ten Gun Sites list, it really means nothing if you have selective rules enforcement, cater to everyone's whines and complaints, and delete posts, and threads that offend you.

Deleting something that makes the site look bad does nothing. There is a website that captures all of it anyway and anyone can look it up. I forget the website, but it's there.

I really hope those who get their panties in a bunch over stupid crap grow up and realize this is suppose to be a community, a family. Last I knew, families don't disown (ban) members they don't agree with, and communities didn't silence (delete) things being said because it might offend a few people.

If this is no longer a community and the family is limited only to those who "belong" in the right clique, please let us know so we know how to behave.

For what it's worth.

A note on FREE SPEECH:

INGO = Congress now?

Incorporation? :):

Honestly though. If you come to my house, do I have the right to duct tape your mouth if I don't like what you are saying? Sure I can ask you to leave, or force you to leave, but I have no right to shut you up because I don't like what you are saying.

Also, again, I thought this was suppose to be a community? Granted, it's Fenway's property, but if it's to be run as a community, you all are failing miserably. Just call it what it is. Fenway and the Mod's house. Abide by what we say or leave.

Last edited by a moderator:

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    That's actually a pretty good idea, if it was just a clutter issue. Make one post a day or so with 5-X links inside that post.

Techres: I wasn't trying to lay a trap. I'm honestly just asking for the sake of clarification.

Ok, I actually did not think it was a trap, but was covering my bases. As for the one thread, maybe.

Lars

Rifleman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Cedar Creek, TX
    ....Honestly though. If you come to my house, do I have the right to duct tape your mouth if I don't like what you are saying? Sure I can ask you to leave, or force you to leave, but I have no right to shut you up because I don't like what you are saying....

I'll keep this in mind the next time another forum member has something to say about you, you don't like.

cce1302

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Back down south
    Honestly though. If you come to my house, do I have the right to duct tape your mouth if I don't like what you are saying? Sure I can ask you to leave, or force you to leave, but I have no right to shut you up because I don't like what you are saying.

Also, again, I thought this was suppose to be a community? Granted, it's Fenway's property, but if it's to be run as a community, you all are failing miserably. Just call it what it is. Fenway and the Mod's house. Abide by what we say or leave.
    apparently it's cool for mods to edit your post, too.

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008

Funny how it is 1A time in the open and "why are you letting this go on and on" in the PM's and reports we get.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    Haldir, or Scott, or Mike, or anyone can say whatever he wants on HGC. Haldir's inability to grasp our warnings to him are between him and the mod team. He can say whatever he wants over there - the same as the board members who post at both sites.

We have worked hard to keep this from turning into a board war and have not posted, and do not plan to post, anything from other sites here as it is not good for either site.

Haldir was banned and is not coming back. If you are concerned that you might get banned, PM a mod or Fenway and share your concerns. If you cannot live with Haldir being banned, then I am sorry you feel that way.

I stand by my original comments as to the reason for his ban, even if I broke the rules in sharing it. I had hoped to help people understand and help move this on. But is it apparent that no reason will work for many and they will complain no matter how it is explained (see damned if you do, damned if you don't comments above).

We have a great site here and if you cannot take the pruning of threads, post, and occational users which happens to keep it great - then PM Fenway, cope, or move on.

#1; You completely missed the point of opening comments.

#2; Very mature pretty much calling someone who is no longer allowed to play here a worthless liar.

#3; Apparently you missed my point in my post after this one. Great attention span.

Be a real member of the forum and not a "post my obsession 5-10 threads" a a day and leave kind of guy and there won't be any issue. Frankly, we don't have any other members like Haldir and the issue is not on our radar with any other users at this time.

And if you are looking for a hard number, that is a trap (intentional or unintentional) that I will not fall into.

You boot him for this and you let the fiasco that was the look at the woman steal my kids $3.00 toy gun go on for days also. Not to mention the look what happens when my girlfriend drinks whiskey thread...

I think what people are demanding is consistency... If you are going to jump on someone with both boot heels then be consistent about it...

nawainwright

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2009
    New Hampshire
    I say roll with it, keep it open. I don't agree that it should be taking up so much time, but I am fascinated by the discussion. I would like to point out that for the most part its very civil and I would like to thank everyone for keeping the snarky comments to a minimum.

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    #2; Very mature pretty much calling someone who is no longer allowed to play here a worthless liar.

I never called him a "worthless liar". I said he could not grasp our warnings and is no longer welcome. Beyond those two things, I have said nothing.

You boot him for this and you let the fiasco that was the look at the woman steal my kids $3.00 toy gun go on for days also. Not to mention the look what happens when my girlfriend drinks whiskey thread...

You have no idea how the decision making was done on that thread. None.

I think what people are demanding is consistency... If you are going to jump on someone with both boot heels then be consistent about it...

I am fine with asking for consistency. If I weren't, this thread would have locked long ago.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I'll keep this in mind the next time another forum member has something to say about you, you don't like.

I don't report members when they neg rep me, bash me, or disagree with me. I report people like Metro40 and 6birds when they CONSTANTLY harass me in a large number of threads I post in. There's a big difference there. A few pokes for fun is one thing, like how we go back and forth, but it's another completely when you constantly chastise and insult another member.

apparently it's cool for mods to edit your post, too.

It was merged, no big deal. I didn't see Lars' post until after I posted mine.

Funny how it is 1A time in the open and "why are you letting this go on and on" in the PM's and reports we get.

1A doesn't save people who constantly harass other people. I couldn't come into every conversation you were having and insult and put you down without getting punched in the face for it or being forcefully removed.

Again, big difference between freedom of speech and being an *******.

henktermaat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    I'd just like to go on record to say that I have never complained about any poster to any mod in PM :). I can't remember exactly, but I think the only time I have ever reported a post on INGO was because it was calling for something illegal.

Me neither, but then again we aren't whiners.

Leave this thread open, this stuff is interesting and it's beneficial to get it out in the open. It improves the transparency we want.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    I never called him a "worthless liar". I said he could not grasp our warnings and is no longer welcome. Beyond those two things, I have said nothing.

Really step out of the Hot seat for a minute and read your own comment to that with a neutral mindset... The tone and direction of it sounds pretty plain to me..

You have no idea how the decision making was done on that thread. None.

Yup you are right. One of the things about having a secret ballot vote system... Just makes it all the worse looking though the smoke from here trying to figure out the truth...

I am fine with asking for consistency. If I weren't, this thread would have locked long ago.

We are not mushrooms here!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom