• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Phil502

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    NW Indiana
    The half dozen posts about islam were NOT i.m.o. bash posts, they were NEWS articles.
    "NEWS ARTICLES"
    Don't like news articles being posted or commented on?
    STOP doing things to get NEWS articles written.

These were not generated out of whole cloth, they happened. :twocents:

Thats right, they were just that, news articles. The point that there was no comment means nothing to me. Haldir commented enough already, we all know where he stands. Starting a thread is a comment in itself, it shows something the poster feels strongly enough about to show us. There was no lies in the news articles (that we know of) if it's distasteful to someone don't read it, I don't read everything here or comment on everything I do read either.

I like this site, I learned a lot of stuff here. I don't agree with the spamming description, nothing was being sold, nothing was ridiculous about the news articles. The articles are the truth, if you can handle the truth that is.

RachelMarie

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2009
    You are definitely seeing it thru a non-confrontationalist's eyes, as common with women. I know a bunch of folks like you.

We actually need your type to keep the world in balance :) Just understand that there is nothing wrong with heated debate. We are a passionate bunch here, and that's cool :D

Oh honey...I can be confrontational. I just feel there is a difference between a heated debate and bashing. A BIG difference. No point in telling people my thoughts on an issue when the whole thread has turned into a jumble*^&% of "I'm right, your wrong" crap.

No worries. As I stated..I'll always be here...lurker or poster. Unless I get introduced to the Ban Hammer. Even then...I will be lurking! Too much good info here to miss out on.

henktermaat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Oh honey...I can be confrontational. I just feel there is a difference between a heated debate and bashing. A BIG difference. No point in telling people my thoughts on an issue when the whole thread has turned into a jumble*^&% of "I'm right, your wrong" crap.

No worries. As I stated..I'll always be here...lurker or poster. Unless I get introduced to the Ban Hammer. Even then...I will be lurking! Too much good info here to miss out on.

Agreed!

Paco Bedejo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 23, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    That is exactly what I'm talking about... You lumped me in with every "freedom hater" in that thread, and AGAIN with your shoe fits comment above. Apparently a lepoard can't change his spots even whey trying to say he has no spots.

Words have meanings. You type them in the context of a thread and they have meaning.

My point is, it's ok for you to wish a group to hell but not for Haldir to post a news article about some nutty islam event? That doesn't fly.

For the record, I have nothing personal against you - and like I said, agree with most of what you post. I fully believe that you have the right to hate me or be bigoted towards pro-lifers, Christians, or whatever. I even think you should be able to say this stuff here in these forums. :ingo:

Again, twisting words. I didn't even say the phrase "freedom-hater" in that thread, nor did I address any person specifically. If you fit within the group I outlined, then you fit. I didn't put you into the group. I was merely expressing my disgust that they care so much about unborn children (about whom most care very little about once born), but trample my basic human rights & cheer on the killing of foreign civilians. I too am against abortion after the nervous system begins to develop (~2nd week), but I value all life. And no...I didn't express my disgust appropriately.

Back on topic; it wasn't even Haldir's posts, but the group-think built upon them, in which the bigotry existed. I don't know if that was Haldir's intent or not, but very few of his threads actually sparked 2-sided discussion which wasn't quickly quashed.

Regardless, the "copy-paste-crickets rinse/repeat several times" thing was the biggest issue.

Hooray- negative rep from Paco. Typical.

That's ok, I'm not here to win the favor of a popular mexican food. :ingo:

The negative rep is for choosing to make it personal rather than presenting a counter-argument.

JR50

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Significantly North of Rt. 30
    My guess is you're just lying to easily dismiss my argument.

Easy to dismiss your arguments, Paco!:D
    henktermaat, SE, Joe Williams, BloodEclipse and, of course, haldir seem on-target.

Note: I like INGO and frankly I don't want to be banned. But some of the comments from MODs and casual observers are :n00b:. You KNOW this thing is REALLY silly when it gets a mild-mannered guy like me riled. :cool:

This is to be a community. Let it be one. No one has explained with any form of rationality how haldir has caused any harm to INGO. If you don't like it that someone posts political comments from other sources, move to the next thread. Is THAT too hard to comprehend? :p. Islamo-fascism is real. Don't want to hear about it? Again, move to the next thread. I think I'll end this rant before I say a bad word. :D

Last edited:

BloodEclipse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    In the trenches for liberty!
    Back on topic; it wasn't even Haldir's posts, but the group-think built upon them, in which the bigotry existed. I don't know if that was Haldir's intent or not, but very few of his threads actually sparked 2-sided discussion which wasn't quickly quashed.

The biggest issue was someone reporting them.

So you found the threads filled with bigotry. Think we would all see it that way?
    Your definition may well be much different than others here.
    Mind pointing out some examples?

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Take your own advice- if you only want to talk about GUNS what are you doing in here?
    I was asked to weigh in and NOT by a mod. I was not planning on it. IMHO if I were Mike, I'd shut the Politics forum down for an indefinite period of time. Maybe when people can get along they can re-open it. I believe Glocktalk had to do that several years ago if I remember right and they left it down for a year or 2.

henktermaat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Again, twisting words. I didn't even say the phrase "freedom-hater" in that thread, nor did I address any person specifically. If you fit within the group I outlined, then you fit. I didn't put you into the group. I was merely expressing my disgust that they care so much about unborn children (about whom most care very little about once born), but trample my basic human rights & cheer on the killing of foreign civilians. I too am against abortion after the nervous system begins to develop (~2nd week), but I value all life. And no...I didn't express my disgust appropriately.

Regardless, the "copy-paste-crickets rinse/repeat several times" thing was the biggest issue.

Listen- I may have read the wrong thing into your posts, as I do make mistakes (I'm human,) but I am still having a hard time believe it because you still keep trying to lump me into this group you've damned to hell. you simply cannot help but to do it ocver and over. "If the shoe fits" comments are always used for this purpose, be an adult and just admit to it. Your posts in general and those of many others have an anti-christian slant, so I cannot help but react to that context. Your little game of "I never used that exact phrase" only works on little kids and idiots, neither of which I am.

Context. Context.

Argh, but that is off topic :D

I don't have a problem with anyone's copy-paste. Technically it may not be legal, but as long as he gives credit and a link, I am fine with it and so is the rest of the internet. Where it would bug me is when no credit is givemn, or credit is falsely taken (plagarism.)

His threads also do almost always turn into valid and reasonable discussion. I still believe it's his content that was the problem that sent some into a tizzy.

BloodEclipse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    In the trenches for liberty!
    I was asked to weigh in and NOT by a mod. I was not planning on it. IMHO if I were Mike, I'd shut the Politics forum down for an indefinite period of time. Maybe when people can get along they can re-open it. I believe Glocktalk had to do that several years ago if I remember right and they left it down for a year or 2.

Sounds like a good way to lose time spent on the board. Doesn't that count toward paid Advertisement?
    I would think anything that kept members online longer should be a positive.

henktermaat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009

Cool. Good on you for stepping up to the challenge! There is more to life (and more to these forums) than guns.

JR50

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Significantly North of Rt. 30
    I was asked to weigh in and NOT by a mod. I was not planning on it. IMHO if I were Mike, I'd shut the Politics forum down for an indefinite period of time. Maybe when people can get along they can re-open it.
    Ha! When pigs fly!

What's the point of having a Politics forum if in order for it to succeedit must be PC. The Chinese government might agree, though!

Paco Bedejo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 23, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    So you found the threads filled with bigotry. Think we would all see it that way?
    Your definition may well be much different than others here.
    Mind pointing out some examples?

Exactly.

CAIR and other groups are just a front. They cry discrimination in an attempt to make things like Fort Hood possible. Oh don't look at him wrong or not promote him because you will be labeled an Islamaphob.
    Mean while they can go about the planning to kill Americans without fear of being caught, because everyone is too damn afraid to say what they are really thinking. How do you think those who saw the signs but held their tongue feel today?

Ron Paul can't seem to understand that Muslims see us as an enemy regardless of where we are. That is the biggest problem I have with him. Today it's "if we weren't over there", tomorrow it will be "if we only adopt some of their laws". I'm fed up with this "it's all our fault" kind of rhetoric.

If you had family that had neighbors, who always talked about killing them and anyone who supported them, took every opportunity to cause them harm, bringing terror to their family and friends, how are YOU going to respond?
    Tell them to move? Sounds like you would ignore it and make sure not to help the family who happens to live in a bad part of town. Because those bad people might try to hurt you too, even though they have already said that they want to hurt you anyway.
    When someone has a sworn agenda and they hate you for who you are NOT, not who you are, you would be a fool to think anything short of your death will make them happy.
    The bully scenario does work well here and the bully is the Muslims who want to see ISLAM as the only religion. They want world domination, refuse to listen to what they say at your own peril.

My religion prohibits members from security screenings! We see TSA agents as unclean and are forbidden contact. We would never let one in our cabs.:D

Those are just some of your posts from Haldir-started threads.

henktermaat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Yay, another neg reo from timjoebillybob for saying that women are more non-confrontational... which is a fact. I didn't even offend RachelMarie with that statement (at least I hope not :laugh:)

LOTS of sensitivity around here today. :rolleyes:

WileECoyotee

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 24, 2009
    Huntington.IN.
    I'm a fairly new member here and as such would like to give my opinion on this thread .

I have read it from beginning to end and although I don't always agree with everyone here , Im old enough to know when to be a reader and when to be a poster . Meanning that there are alot of different view points on any topic , especially politics that when I find something that is totally the oppisite of my point of view and an against my better judement , then I just merely read through it and move on , no harm and no Foul .
    I will post and do , when the subject is of an interest to me whether I agree with the OP or not , civil discussion from an opposing viewpoit is what makes our country so grreat . There is no reason to continue any discussion when things get to the point that you're talking out loud at your monitor , but I'll bet that we've all been there and done that !

Now my opinion on the member being banned :

I do not always post in his threads , I do read some of them and have a different point of view on some things and agree with him on others . But I have seen somethings posted that to me were far worse than his and believe that everyone should be able to post their views and what they feel is news without feeling like they will be crusified for thier beliefs or opinions .

There are also some members that need to grow up and remember that what might be of great importance to you , will seem like nothingness to somebody else and that's the way life is so get over it and don't read it .

Whew , sorry for the long post , but I just had to get this off my chest !

Thank You

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom