• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Metro 40

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2008
    Great post and well said. Some people cant get past their panties being in a bunch and blame us all for it. :D

Panties in a bunch? You mean like your post over on Hoosier Gun Club?

"Wow. I posted my thoughts on it. I'm currently waiting for my ban.
    biggrin.gif
    That was total crap. Just because a few people complain, the liberal BS machine must cater to everyone's whims.
    confused0024.gif

I will continue to use INGO as a source for news and the classifieds, but I'm done supporting them. I'll be scraping my INGO sticker off my car today. I also have a couple INGO hats, a couple Bacon patches, two shirts, and a couple other stickers I'll be selling too.
    biggrin.gif
    biggrin.gif
    Think Fenway will ban me for creating a black market for INGO crap?" - Savage Eagle

Tell us how you really feel, Ryan. :):

(I'd post a link, but it's a "members only" forum. I'm sure he won't deny that he made the post, though. Whatever else SE may be, he ain't shy.)

I swear, I don't see why Fenway puts up with some of the crap that a few assorted loonies post on this board. It isn't a gun board anymore, it's a collection of conspiracy theory crackpots, tinfoil hatters and outright bigots that occasionally talk about guns. If it were me, I'd shut the politics forum down for anything except 2nd Amendment politics.....period. Anything else inevitably turns into a playground for the insane....especially on a gun board. When you have to sticky a warning about "posting about civil war", that is a clue that there are more than a few members that are not wrapped too tight.

I wonder if the mods have enough integrity to deal with a longtime member who talks smack about INGO on other boards in the same way that they deal with spammers.....or if perhaps Savage Eagle has a point.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    snip

I wonder if the mods have enough integrity to deal with a longtime member who talks smack about INGO on other boards in the same way that they deal with spammers.....or if perhaps Savage Eagle has a point.

I wonder if they'll have the integrity to deal with the long personal attack on Ryan that your post consisted of.

Metro 40

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2008
    I wonder if they'll have the integrity to deal with the long personal attack on Ryan that your post consisted of.

Posted his own words from another forum. Hardly a personal attack.

As for the "crackpots" comment....well, the hit dog will holler, won't he Joe?

:D

cce1302

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Back down south
    Panties in a bunch? You mean like your post over on Hoosier Gun Club?

"Wow. I posted my thoughts on it. I'm currently waiting for my ban.
    biggrin.gif
    That was total crap. Just because a few people complain, the liberal BS machine must cater to everyone's whims.
    confused0024.gif

I will continue to use INGO as a source for news and the classifieds, but I'm done supporting them. I'll be scraping my INGO sticker off my car today. I also have a couple INGO hats, a couple Bacon patches, two shirts, and a couple other stickers I'll be selling too.
    biggrin.gif
    biggrin.gif
    Think Fenway will ban me for creating a black market for INGO crap?" - Savage Eagle

Tell us how you really feel, Ryan. :):

(I'd post a link, but it's a "members only" forum. I'm sure he won't deny that he made the post, though. Whatever else SE may be, he ain't shy.)

I swear, I don't see why Fenway puts up with some of the crap that a few assorted loonies post on this board. It isn't a gun board anymore, it's a collection of conspiracy theory crackpots, tinfoil hatters and outright bigots that occasionally talk about guns. If it were me, I'd shut the politics forum down for anything except 2nd Amendment politics.....period. Anything else inevitably turns into a playground for the insane....especially on a gun board. When you have to sticky a warning about "posting about civil war", that is a clue that there are more than a few members that are not wrapped too tight.

Yeah, you can really tell SE is pretty upset. all those :D in his post and all.

I think M-d integrity would mandate that they deal with members talking smack on other boards the way they have said they would. In other words, to do nothing. I believe it was last week or the week before that the issue came up here.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    :faint: are we all done flinging <<3 sec INGO delay>> at each other? Can't we focus our attention on the bigger issues: I7BO (note I found another word for him)'s stupid ObamaCare, the Indiana Senate looking at the parking lot bill, the DC Gun March this year, <<3 sec INGO delay>> H. Clinton selling us (Americans) out at the UN.

MODs I seldom ask for this and most know that I hate when posts are locked, deleted, edited, etc... but for the sake of putting on this energy to better us can we close this thread. These boys & girls are never going to get along and that is fine! But I would rather have them all focus this anger/frustration/extra time at the REAL enemy which is laughing his <<3 sec INGO delay>> off in the white house right now. :xmad:

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    I will keep that in mind ;). Be careful of what you ask for right? We do not have to agree to get along. That is the great part of adulthood.

I asked him to weigh in. Of course, if I'd have known how wrong he'd be when he did....:D

People will never be able to get along, and waiting for it won't make it happen.

After reading all of this, I have an opinion on the copying and pasting. I think that the rule should be that only a representative paragraph or two should be pasted, along with the link, and the poster has to comment on the posting to start the discussion. Not just, "What do you think of this?" If it's not substantial, it should be cut. This would limit the spamming (I use that word advisedly.)

Also, since this is a private forum owned by a person, I think he should reserve the right to cut a topic because that's not what he thinks the site should be about. I hope he doesn't, and I urge him not to do so, but that would cure the argument. Just come right out and say, "Don't like this, it's gone." Doesn't have to be fair. Those who like it can stay, those who don't can leave.

Informally, it looks to me as if most of the people giving opinions are of the opinion that it should be left pretty open. I hope it stays that way, but if not, so be it.

And Denny347, next time I ask you to weigh in, check with me to get your opinion, please.:D

mettle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    central southern IN
    15 hours, 273 posts! Good job guys! Everyone done venting....?

Well,

who's going shooting this weekend? I'm thinking of purchasing a Remmy 870 HD gun! Who's going to the 'the show'?

This IS a firearms forum, right?

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Oh cmon, lets get back to calling people un-American, trashing the mods and dog piling those who dare to differ with the "Politics Forum Warriors." :):

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    Oh cmon, lets get back to calling people un-American, trashing the mods and dog piling those who dare to differ with the "Politics Forum Warriors." :):

OK, how about all those un-american people that carry a 1911? (not really sure how that can be un-american, like calling an MG42 Anti-german)

:stickpoke:

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Again with another analogy. I think the reason people are so emotionally involved in this is not a hard rule saying you can't post about Islam or whatever. Look at it from this perspective.

Imagine you are in the process of dating online. You and the perspective people put in your profile what your interests are. You go out with a girl and hit it off. After a couple of months, you start to get pretty serious and get emotionally attached. Then one day you're out shopping and you tell the girl you want to stop in the local gun shop to see what they have and she goes ballistic. She's anti gun, loves Obama, yada, yada, yada. But at this point, you are emotionally attached and hate to throw it all away. You hope you can bring her around to your way of thinking.

If you had known from the first date that she was a liberal whack job, you'd have not asked for the second date. You could both agree to disagree and move on with your lives.

The same goes for here. People have posted for months in a manner that was never a problem until now. Now, all the sudden the old lady is trying to change the rules on you and it pisses you off. If she'd have shown her true colors up front, you could have taken them or left them. I'm not saying an internet forum is akin to a significant other but people have a lot time involved in this board and don't want to see rules changed on a whim.

ATF Consumer

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    South Side Indy
    I would think the mods and Fenway would look at how much controversy this whole issue with banning Haldir has been and realize that from the group that is posting in this thread, the majority of us are daily contributors to the forum and are speaking up because WE CARE about the direction in which INGO is headed. Please don't disregard the poll that has overwhelmingly indicated that there is a place for politics, and it should not be a place for thin-skinned members. If you don't want your feelings hurt or don't want to get offended, then don't participate or even read threads in that subforum. Singling out particular topics in politics or religion is not the way to allow good debate on issues. If someone is radical in their views, let it be known by the members in the threads to call the poster out on it...let us be adults. Granted the childish name calling should be modded, but if we are simply pointing out that someone is a racist or a bigot, there should certainly be a decent explanation as to why or how we think so. :twocents:

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    Honestly, that's pretty important. I have to find that out pretty early, otherwise its out the door and to the curb. :dunno:

Again with another analogy. I think the reason people are so emotionally involved in this is not a hard rule saying you can't post about Islam or whatever. Look at it from this perspective.

Imagine you are in the process of dating online. You and the perspective people put in your profile what your interests are. You go out with a girl and hit it off. After a couple of months, you start to get pretty serious and get emotionally attached. Then one day you're out shopping and you tell the girl you want to stop in the local gun shop to see what they have and she goes ballistic. She's anti gun, loves Obama, yada, yada, yada. But at this point, you are emotionally attached and hate to throw it all away. You hope you can bring her around to your way of thinking.

If you had known from the first date that she was a liberal whack job, you'd have not asked for the second date. You could both agree to disagree and move on with your lives.

The same goes for here. People have posted for months in a manner that was never a problem until now. Now, all the sudden the old lady is trying to change the rules on you and it pisses you off. If she'd have shown her true colors up front, you could have taken them or left them. I'm not saying an internet forum is akin to a significant other but people have a lot time involved in this board and don't want to see rules changed on a whim.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom