• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    So you found the threads filled with bigotry. Think we would all see it that way?
    Your definition may well be much different than others here.
    Mind pointing out some examples?

OH CRAP!

Now see I brought this issue up once before about the family friendly point of view of this forum. My idea of family friendly is going to be FAR different than anyone else's.

Same with everyone's definition of bigotry. And, apparently, hypocrisy as well. To some, it's bigotry to bash on Muslims when they all believe the same thing, but handle that belief differently, but it's ok for someone to bash Christianity as that's just a "heated debate". Bigotry and hypocrisy explained all in one example. Damn I'm good. :)

Look. What happened to Haldir was all a bunch of BS and we all know it. Like was said before me, his stance on those issues was well known. Very well known. Why should he have to comment on those news articles?

That's like banning someone like me for starting the official post whore thread. I guess I should be banned too for spamming. Along with every one of us who posted in there. Opps, looks like a couple mods will be banned too on that one.

As far as this whole, no one can post a bunch of different news articles and not leave comments, and how apparently the mods wish to do away with the most popular subforum of this whole forum... Go ahead. Make that rule and delete the subforum. You do know that this forum's membership would either A) plummet or B) almost never post.

The Classifieds would become the most trafficked subforum.

Why? Because to delete the Politics section would mean that the Breakroom would HAVE to follow.

Paco Bedejo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 23, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Listen- I may have read the wrong thing into your posts, as I do make mistakes (I'm human,) but I am still having a hard time believe it because you still keep trying to lump me into this group you've damned to hell. you simply cannot help but to do it ocver and over. "If the shoe fits" comments are always used for this purpose, be an adult and just admit to it. Your posts in general and those of many others have an anti-christian slant, so I cannot help but react to that context. Your little game of "I never used that exact phrase" only works on little kids and idiots, neither of which I am.

Context. Context.

For the last time, I'm not anti-Christian. I AM a Christian. Quit trying to twist my words. I didn't lump you into any group. I wasn't even aware you were in that thread.

As far as anti-Christian slant, please send me some examples of this in a PM. I'd be interested to see which posts you feel portray it.

mk2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    North Carolina
    See above...and hire a tutor to help you with your reading comprehension before you insult people based upon your own lies/misunderstandings.

Hooray- negative rep from Paco. Typical.

That's ok, I'm not here to win the favor of a popular mexican food. :ingo:
    The negative rep is for choosing to make it personal rather than presenting a counter-argument.

I've got no dog in the fight between you two, but I just wanted to note, Paco, that I did notice you making it personal, too. Paco, the only reason I made this post to "call you out" was that you were the only person I've read about who gave neg rep as a result of this thread's very heated discussions.

Sigh... I'm just getting tired of all the arguments ad hominem and backhanded (and forehanded, too) slights in this thread. Yes, I know I have the choice to stop reading it, I just haven't quite reached the breaking point yet.

Hey, henktermaat, you should go check out the Neg Rep Roll Call thread! Can prolly have a few laughs over there.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    There are also some members that need to grow up and remember that what might be of great importance to you , will seem like nothingness to somebody else and that's the way life is so get over it and don't read it .

Whew , sorry for the long post , but I just had to get this off my chest !

Thank You

Great post and well said. Some people cant get past their panties being in a bunch and blame us all for it. :D

As far as anti-Christian slant, please send me some examples of this in a PM. I'd be interested to see which posts you feel portray it.

allow me to point out the hypocrisy here. You posted plenty of examples of you're version of bigotry from BE. What you call Bigotry I call obvious truths. WAKE UP. However, instead of us publicly reposting YOUR posts, you want them in PM.

^ = Hypocrisy

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    It would have been simple politeness to, at least, make it a rule before they started enforcing it.

It is a rule, they can close a thread, delete a post, or ban a poster for any or no reason. Same as any other place. That rule has been posted in this thread already as a matter of fact. Not including in the FAQs.

Tim...if my house was a public forum, you would be welcome anytime to say anything you wish. Believe it or not, this isn't Fenway's house. It's Fenway's forum.

Fenway put this up at his own cost and time and can allow or disallow what he wants. Same as your living room or front yard or mine. Why do you have a problem with that? You can start a forum of your own and allow what you like.

Take your own advice- if you only want to talk about GUNS what are you doing in here?

He never said that is all he wants to talk about. Just that when he does this is the first place he comes to.

The half dozen posts about islam were NOT i.m.o. bash posts, they were NEWS articles.
    "NEWS ARTICLES"
    Don't like news articles being posted or commented on?
    STOP doing things to get NEWS articles written.
    These were not generated out of whole cloth, they happened. :twocents:

Would you have a problem if I posted a half a dozen "news articles" documenting christian atrocities or intollerance? Would you complain or just stop visiting? Depending on the answer I may just have to start.:D

You are definitely seeing it thru a non-confrontationalist's eyes, as common with women. I know a bunch of folks like you.

We actually need your type to keep the world in balance :) Just understand that there is nothing wrong with heated debate. We are a passionate bunch here, and that's cool :D

Neg rep inbound for stereotyping women. :D

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Those are just some of your posts from Haldir-started threads.

Well, I reckon seeking to suppress speech you disagree with is easier than addressing the uncomfortable facts contained in that speech. It's easier, but it's also utterly un-American.

cce1302

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Back down south
    It is a rule, they can close a thread, delete a post, or ban a poster for any or no reason. Same as any other place. That rule has been posted in this thread already as a matter of fact. Not including in the FAQs.
    sure, but you'd be pretty miffed if you were banned for posting what you just posted, wouldn't you? But according to what you just said, you'd have no cause for being miffed, since banning for no reason is what you're defending.
    [edited]
    Would you have a problem if I posted a half a dozen "news articles" documenting christian atrocities or intollerance? Would you complain or just stop visiting? Depending on the answer I may just have to start.:D

Go for it. You'll hear one of 2 things from Christians. 1. CHristians pointing out how un-Christian the atrocities are (Exodus 20:13 You shall not murder) or 2. Christians supporting "intolerance" with Biblical references for things like "be witnesses," which is usually one of the things called "intolerant."

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus

PLEASE DO!

Good luck on finding any. BWAHHHHHAHAHAHAHAHA!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

:patriot:

:ingo:

:popcorn:

:n00b:

EDIT: I will neither complain nor stop visiting. Resistance is futile. :)

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    I was asked to weigh in and NOT by a mod. I was not planning on it. IMHO if I were Mike, I'd shut the Politics forum down for an indefinite period of time. Maybe when people can get along they can re-open it. I believe Glocktalk had to do that several years ago if I remember right and they left it down for a year or 2.

I asked him to weigh in. Of course, if I'd have known how wrong he'd be when he did....:D

People will never be able to get along, and waiting for it won't make it happen.

After reading all of this, I have an opinion on the copying and pasting. I think that the rule should be that only a representative paragraph or two should be pasted, along with the link, and the poster has to comment on the posting to start the discussion. Not just, "What do you think of this?" If it's not substantial, it should be cut. This would limit the spamming (I use that word advisedly.)

Also, since this is a private forum owned by a person, I think he should reserve the right to cut a topic because that's not what he thinks the site should be about. I hope he doesn't, and I urge him not to do so, but that would cure the argument. Just come right out and say, "Don't like this, it's gone." Doesn't have to be fair. Those who like it can stay, those who don't can leave.

Informally, it looks to me as if most of the people giving opinions are of the opinion that it should be left pretty open. I hope it stays that way, but if not, so be it.

And Denny347, next time I ask you to weigh in, check with me to get your opinion, please.:D

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Well guys, it has been enlightening.

Can't say my impression of the site is the same as it was this morning.

Peace out Haldir. -Ram

Icansee-1.jpg

Cat-Herder

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Nov 15, 2009
    Fortville
    wow, this thread has gone so far south, i think it's headed back north again. I'm suddenly not so proud to be a part of this "community". I never thought adults in such a stalwart community as 'firearms owners' would stoop to being so petty, so vengeful for minor slights, or so narrow minded.
    The events I've witnessed today have brought out the worst in some of you. I respect men based on their actions, and sadly, i've lost respect for some of you.
    I don't imagine that any of you care, but i had to add this if for no other reason than to get it off my chest.
    I may not agree with you, I may argue with you. But whining to the powers that be to "put an end" to me, is childish and reflects on how you view yourself and those around you.
    And as Christians, shouldn't you do unto others as you would have them do unto you?

/out

Paco Bedejo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 23, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I've got no dog in the fight between you two, but I just wanted to note, Paco, that I did notice you making it personal, too.
    Sorry, I get a little huffy when someone outright lies to slander me.
    Paco, the only reason I made this post to "call you out" was that you were the only person I've read about who gave neg rep as a result of this thread's very heated discussions.
    The negative rep exists for a reason. If lies & slander aren't a good enough reason to employ it's use, I don't know what is.
    allow me to point out the hypocrisy here. You posted plenty of examples of you're version of bigotry from BE. What you call Bigotry I call obvious truths. WAKE UP. However, instead of us publicly reposting YOUR posts, you want them in PM.
    That's not hypocracy. BE asked for examples, so I responded with the examples he had requested. Regarding his allusion to my 'anti-Christian slant', I'd like to know which posts he's speaking of, but I was trying to finally end the multi-page threadjack. Post my direct quotes on the homepage if you'd like. Just don't pull a henktermaat & start misquoting & slandering.
    Well, I reckon seeking to suppress speech you disagree with is easier than addressing the uncomfortable facts contained in that speech. It's easier, but it's also utterly un-American.
    While searching for BE's examples, I ran across a lot of Haldir's threads which turned out to be his post & 4 or 5 "Ayup"s from the group-thinkers. Nobody else dared post in the threads because of the attacks which likely would have ensued (see the above misquotes & slander).

With that, I'm done in this sub-forum for a while. It's tiresome trying to discuss something, then constantly having to re-quote posts from other threads after someone has misrepresented them. Good political strategy, no doubt.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    That's not hypocracy. BE asked for examples, so I responded with the examples he had requested. Regarding his allusion to my 'anti-Christian slant', I'd like to know which posts he's speaking of, but I was trying to finally end the multi-page threadjack. Post my direct quotes on the homepage if you'd like. Just don't pull a henktermaat & start misquoting & slandering.

Wrong. You publicly posted examples of him and asked him to privately post examples of you. If that's not hypocrisy then it's cowardice. I don't think you're a coward so it has to be hypocrisy.

henktermaat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Sorry, I get a little huffy when someone outright lies to slander me.

The negative rep exists for a reason. If lies & slander aren't a good enough reason to employ it's use, I don't know what is.

While searching for BE's examples, I ran across a lot of Haldir's threads which turned out to be his post & 4 or 5 "Ayup"s from the group-thinkers. Nobody else dared post in the threads because of the attacks which likely would have ensued (see the above misquotes & slander).

With that, I'm done in this sub-forum for a while. It's tiresome trying to discuss something, then constantly having to re-quote posts from other threads after someone has misrepresented them. Good political strategy, no doubt.

Good riddance. I suppose it must be hard to have your hypocrisy and nonsense aired like it has been here. I was actually going to do your little research project, but what's the point? You're too blind to see past your own skewed thoughts and would just skate around the truth- a show I'm not buying tickets for.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Yay, another neg reo from timjoebillybob for saying that women are more non-confrontational... which is a fact. I didn't even offend RachelMarie with that statement (at least I hope not :laugh:)

LOTS of sensitivity around here today. :rolleyes:

What do you mean another neg rep from me? I think your the third person I've ever neg repped. And only one of them twice.

OH CRAP!

Now see I brought this issue up once before about the family friendly point of view of this forum. My idea of family friendly is going to be FAR different than anyone else's.

Agreed, and since this is Fenways forum we have to abide by his point of view on what is family friendly and or allowed. If it was yours or mine I'm sure a different point of view would apply.

sure, but you'd be pretty miffed if you were banned for posting what you just posted, wouldn't you? But according to what you just said, you'd have no cause for being miffed, since banning for no reason is what you're defending.

Go for it. You'll hear one of 2 things from Christians. 1. CHristians pointing out how un-Christian the atrocities are (Exodus 20:13 You shall not murder) or 2. Christians supporting "intolerance" with Biblical references for things like "be witnesses," which is usually one of the things called "intolerant."

Nope I've had posts removed from other forums and I was amused by it, I haven't been banned yet thought so........ But I have no problems with them removing my post because it is their site, they allow what they want when they want and that is it. I'm grateful that they allow most of my posts to stay up.

As for the go for it, see below.

Your panties in a bunch then? I see. You have my sincere apologies for offending you by stating a fact about women.

Stating a fact about women? Give me a break. Stating an opinionated viewpoint about women maybe.

PLEASE DO!

Good luck on finding any. BWAHHHHHAHAHAHAHAHA!

EDIT: I will neither complain nor stop visiting. Resistance is futile. :)

Finding them is easy.
    Christian Aggression - Assault on India
    Christian Terrorists Massacre Eight Hindus
    Christian Atrocities
    "Anglican as well as Catholic priests and nuns are suspect of having
    actively participated in murders. Especially the conduct of a certain
    Catholic priest has been occupying the public mind in Rwanda's capital
    Kigali for months. He was minister of the church of the Holy Family
    and allegedly murdered Tutsis in the most brutal manner. He is
    reported to have accompanied marauding Hutu militia with a gun in his
    cowl. In fact there has been a bloody slaughter of Tutsis seeking
    shelter in his parish. Even two years after the massacres many
    Catholics refuse to set foot on the threshold of their church, because
    to them the participation of a certain part of the clergy in the
    slaughter is well established. There is almost no church in Rwanda
    that has not seen refugees - women, children, old - being brutally
    butchered facing the crucifix.

Again I am a Christian, and I condemn the acts that are done in Christs name that I don't believe in. But to condemn me by the acts of others is wrong. Just as condemning all firearm owners by the acts of the few.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    timjoebillybob - Family friendly is one thing. At the other forum, it's still family friendly without mods. But allow me to say something that I'm sure some will agree with and some won't. Family friendly is one thing, but as a parent, I strictly monitor what my kids see and don't see. There are programs that automatically filter out adult content. Text and picture alike. Free programs. Subscription programs. I've seen them all. If you were really worried about what your kids viewed on the internet you would actually BE a parent and monitor everything they see on the internet. If they are exposed to something bad, explain to them why it is bad.

Trust me, our kids will be exposed to much worse things by their friends at school and things on TV than this forum will EVER allow each other to post.

But I guess being adults and moderating ourselves is out of the question since there's always someone else who knows what's best for us. Right?

cce1302

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Back down south
    Finding them is easy.
    Christian Aggression - Assault on India
    Christian Terrorists Massacre Eight Hindus
    Christian Atrocities

Again I am a Christian, and I condemn the acts that are done in Christs name that I don't believe in. But to condemn me by the acts of others is wrong. Just as condemning all firearm owners by the acts of the few.

So you realize that just because they're claiming to be Christians doesn't mean they're Christians, right? And that all Christians denounce those groups and activities?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom