• Status
    Not open for further replies.

terrehautian

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 6, 2012
    Where ever my GPS says I am
    I hate to interrupt the Pats love fest but it seems they've "accidentally" violated League rules again. I'm sure it was just a misunderstanding though...

I've been following this, I believe it wasn't with ill or malicious intent. There is multiple reasons why. Kraft Media produces a series of videos (on Pats applications but has been removed and youtube) called "Do your job" where they highlight a part of the Patriots organization. Kraft Media is owned by Robert Kraft but is not on the Patriots football organization directly. They were highlighting the job of advanced scout. Now this is where it gets tricky. They normally shoot video with Kraft Media employees, but those employees were shooting a Patriots game. They apparently hired a freelance crew, got them credentialed by the home team and set up cameras. Did the freelance crew know the rules, were they told otherwise to ignore rules, or what is the area that is where that could initiate some penalties. If the freelance crew didn't know the rules, it is a no harm situation. Kraft media did not get the tapes, the freelance crew handed them to NFL officials before leaving the stadium.

At this point, I don't believe that the Patriots purposely did it with malicious or ill intent purposes.

Here is the seven other videos on the "Do your job" series.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gI5wtfb0SLI&list=PLWBi0QzyjApDS64ChCi99NRAfNe7nBK-p

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    This is just simply NOT true.

It is based on the idea, floated by Patriots fans, that the investigation ignored the results of the Ideal Gas Law and the effects that the cold weather had on the pressures. It assumes that the balls used by the Patriots were measured while cold and that the balls used by the Colts had time to warm up before they were measured.

However, none of this is true. The balls were all measured at the same time, and the investigation did, in fact, take into account the effects of the Ideal Gas Law. Scientific analysis was done on the pressure measurements and it was determined that the balls used by the Patriots were truly deflated to levels below the minimum allowed. The people in charge of this part of the investigation were clearly qualified:

"As part of the investigation, scientific consultants were engaged to assist theinvestigative team. These consultants included Exponent, one of the leading scientific andengineering consulting firms in the country, and Dr. Daniel R. Marlow, the Evans Crawford1911 Professor of Physics at Princeton University and former Chairman of the PrincetonUniversity Physics Department, who served as a special scientific consultant, coordinated withExponent on its testing and analytical work, and advised the investigative team."

Furthermore, it was clearly established by surveillance videos that a Patriots equipment manager took the balls from the officials room, in violation of league rules, and then proceeded to take them to a bathroom for several minutes. He later lied about it to investigators. Texts between him and another equipment manager clearly established that he planned to have a "needle" with him at the game to make sure the game balls were deflated to the pressures that Tom Brady wanted them to be. He repeatedly refers to what an ass Brady always was about the ball pressures.

If you wish to take the time to read the entire report it is here:
    https://nfllabor.files.wordpress.co...s-re-footballs-used-during-afc-championsh.pdf

The success of Patriots fans in convincing everybody that it didn't happen shows the truism that if you repeat a lie often enough, eventually people believe it. In this case, make a video of a college professor talking about the Ideal Gas Law, and share it often enough, and eventually people believe that is what happened. It didn't.

Never underestimate INGO’s ability to fact check a joke.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Houston/Tennessee still scoreless. Tennessee intercepted in the end zone on Houston's opening drive, then Houston blocked TN's field goal attempt at the other end and recovered.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Curious... what kind of tooling upgrade?

I have an early 50's Era Southbend lathe with the single tool post. I am upgrading to a multi-tool post which will also hold a proper parting tool opposed to the rigged one I use now.
    The part that retains the post had to be made from flat stock and there was some modifications from metric to SAE so it would work easily.

This old girl tight here. It has been rebuilt.
    pUiW9P6.jpg

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I love the Buick V6 decal...

I earned that decal my friend.

CB texted me calling out he fact I left the key in the chuck. An absolute nono…:nono: and he is right on that. Nice enough not to call me out on open forum but I will bust myself.

I was taking the 3 jaw off to use a collet. This lathe is a chucker.

Bad mouse Bad bad bad mouse.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom