• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    I have an early 50's Era Southbend lathe with the single tool post. I am upgrading to a multi-tool post which will also hold a proper parting tool opposed to the rigged one I use now.
    The part that retains the post had to be made from flat stock and there was some modifications from metric to SAE so it would work easily.

This old girl tight here. It has been rebuilt.
    pUiW9P6.jpg

Are you upgrading to the square tool post? Our manuals at work have the square rotating posts, they’re ok I guess. I don’t run the manuals, I’m on the cnc across the aisle but if I need to make a quick arbor or something I’ll go use one. We’ve been throwing away a lot of our older tooling and upgrading to newer stuff, so I may be able to get you a couple cutoff blades if you’re needing them. We have the blade style, but we’re ordering the square style at the start of the year. More rigid and quicker to load and unload in the cnc tooling blocks. Also can probably get a lot of our old bars and stuff. When I first started they didn’t even have a automatic collet closer, so I’ve got them ordering all new lathe tooling. They usually throw away the old stuff. I’ll grab what I can if it can be of some use to you with garage machines

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    Plus we bought a new building and will be moving all of our stuff in a year or so. They’re wanting to get rid of the stuff we don’t want anymore so we don’t have to move it. Win win really.

hopper68

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 15, 2011
    Pike County
    I earned that decal my friend.

CB texted me calling out he fact I left the key in the chuck. An absolute nono…:nono: and he is right on that. Nice enough not to call me out on open forum but I will bust myself.

I was taking the 3 jaw off to use a collet. This lathe is a chucker.

Bad mouse Bad bad bad mouse.

At work they have a holder for the key mounted next to the lathe with a magnetic switch so it will not start unless the key is in the holder.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    At work they have a holder for the key mounted next to the lathe with a magnetic switch so it will not start unless the key is in the holder.

Thats a good idea really. My cnc doesn’t take a chuck key, I get a fancy pedal to step on :): Our doors do have a safety feature where when they’re closed a key will slide into a slot, and the spindle won’t tirn on unless that key is in the slot. We disconnected them from the door tho and just leave the key in the slot. Major pain trying to set up with the door closed.

Started in a shop at 18, only crashed a machine once, when I was first learning to program the mill. A lot of times we will use different diameter offsets for the same tool (tool 19 will be D19 and D29 or D190, whatever). Was a nice vise until that day.

Ive had parts come out of the chuck, broke taps and drills etc but those aren’t really crashes. Those are just damnit that sucks moments.

Last edited:

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    Anyway sorry for the thread jack. Back on topic.

I think this year may be Baltimore’s year. They’re stomping everybody this year! My hopes for this years super bowl would be either the chiefs, raiders, Texans, or the bears. A lot of teams to pull for, but if the colts can’t have it I’m hoping one of them get it.

Thinking only KC or Texans have a chance out of that list tho

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Anyway sorry for the thread jack. Back on topic.

I think this year may be Baltimore’s year. They’re stomping everybody this year! My hopes for this years super bowl would be either the chiefs, raiders, Texans, or the bears. A lot of teams to pull for, but if the colts can’t have it I’m hoping one of them get it.

Thinking only KC or Texans have a chance out of that list tho

Yeah, Bears ain't happening. They lost to the cheeseheaded asshats in Green Bay. I ****ing HATE the ass-Packers. That bugeyed little ***** Aaron Rogers should just have to wear **** all over his face wherever he goes because he's a horrible person for being a Packer.

(Discliamer: Aaron Rogers would be the best QB and human being ever if he were traded to Minnesota)

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Yeah, Bears ain't happening. They lost to the cheeseheaded asshats in Green Bay. I ****ing HATE the ass-Packers. That bugeyed little ***** Aaron Rogers should just have to wear **** all over his face wherever he goes because he's a horrible person for being a Packer.

(Discliamer: Aaron Rogers would be the best QB and human being ever if he were traded to Minnesota)

OK man don't sit up there on the fence. Jump down and tell us exactly how you feel.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    OK man don't sit up there on the fence. Jump down and tell us exactly how you feel.

Well see that's hard to do. I'm kinda torn on the issue. You know. I see both sides. The packers suck and they deserve to lose embarrassingly every game and Aaron Rogers should be sacked every snap, even when he's on the sideline; OR the packers are the worst team with the worst colors and the worst fans in the history of football ever. Either way really. :dunno:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Well see that's hard to do. I'm kinda torn on the issue. You know. I see both sides. The packers suck and they deserve to lose embarrassingly every game and Aaron Rogers should be sacked every snap, even when he's on the sideline; OR the packers are the worst team with the worst colors and the worst fans in the history of football ever. Either way really. :dunno:

:thumbsup:

Got it.....:):

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom