• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    What? A call not going the Patriots way? <gasp/> unpossible! The refs always favor the Patriots because the NFL secretly wants the Patriots to win. The whole brouhaha & punishment of Brady over deflategate was only a cover-up for Roger Goodell’s master plan. Goodell told refs to make sure the Patriots win, to get on Brady’s good side in the hopes it would get him get close enough for the attempt at the “spice melange”.

But another competitor for the spice melange caught “wind” of the plan so Goodell had to throw off the trail. So he made up the whole deflategate story.

Every sport needs their “bad boy” to keep up ratings. NASCAR has them. NBA has them. MLB has them. NFL has them. I think a lot of the patriots “punishment” is more of a publicity stunt than actual punishment. That or the nfl doesn’t give a damn about the integrity of the game anymore. Spy gate, deflate gate, what’s the other big one I’m missing?? I know there was another. It creates drama. Drama brings attention. Attention brings money.

Always follow the money. I think they should have an asterisk next to their names in the record books. Hell if you’re gonna allow them to cheat and not take away their wins from cheating, why not cheat?

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    Happens more and more to me. We are not beating the Saints on the road on MNF, after their tough loss yesterday. So it is all moot.

Ya we definitely aren’t beating the saints. But looking at season stats we are pretty comparable on everything. The big killer... they have 7 giveaways... we have 18. Hard to win a game when you give the other team the ball that often.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    What? Doesn’t anyone watch South Park? :dunno:
    Lmao ya but never that episode I guess? If you’ve ever played the South Park video game you can figure out door codes without finding them first but it won’t let you in the door. Instead cartman pops up on the screen dressed like bill in a New England sweater and says something like “hey Tom Brady, you wanna play the game right or be a cheating little ***** your whole life?” LOL

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Lmao ya but never that episode I guess? If you’ve ever played the South Park video game you can figure out door codes without finding them first but it won’t let you in the door. Instead cartman pops up on the screen dressed like bill in a New England sweater and says something like “hey Tom Brady, you wanna play the game right or be a cheating little ***** your whole life?” LOL

****SPOILER ALERT***** Scroll past this post if you don’t want spoilers.

*****GROSSNESS ALERT****** If you don’t like extreme crude humor, scroll past this post!

The episode I’m referring to is the one where one of the moms ****s all over everyone when she’s out with the girls for lunch, because she has some kind of bowel bacterial imbalance. The treatment for that is taking the stool of a healthy “donor” and, uh, transplanting it. I thought they made that up, but it’s actually a real thing.

So anyway, she feels so much better, younger, livelier, healthier after, and brags to all her friends, that they want the procedure too. Doctors won’t treat them though because they aren’t sick. So they try to talk her into giving them her stool. She refuses so they pay off the boys with a video game to steal her ****. Well, that worked, so then it becomes a fad, where the whole town injects healthy people **** into themselves with a turkey baster.

Long story short, enter Tom Brady...everyone wants his ****. Literally. They call it, the Spice Melange. The boys are commissioned to infiltrate Brady’s home and steal his ****. Which he has stored in jars in a hidden room.

Lots of details left out. But that’s the gist. So that’s the background for my post above, The Spice Melange.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Oh. And deflate gate was debunked.

:flamethrower:

I always get a laugh out of the Patriots haters. I have always tried to figure out if Godell helped Pats or not. Kraft did know and help him get the job, but Godell pushed deflategate through and last I heard they are no longer friends. Life is never black and white like we wish it were.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I always get a laugh out of the Patriots haters. I have always tried to figure out if Godell helped Pats or not. Kraft did know and help him get the job, but Godell pushed deflategate through and last I heard they are no longer friends. Life is never black and white like we wish it were.

He only pushed because every fan in America outside the pats fans wanted someone’s neck in a noose.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    He only pushed because every fan in America outside the pats fans wanted someone’s neck in a noose.
    Exactly. If he wouldn’t have the NFL would have seen a bigger **** storm than they did over the national anthem deal. They even had scientists weighing in on footballs deflating. Courts were getting involved lol. He had to do something or basically watch the sport itself collapse from losing any integrity it had left.

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    Oh. And deflate gate was debunked.

:flamethrower:

This is just simply NOT true.

It is based on the idea, floated by Patriots fans, that the investigation ignored the results of the Ideal Gas Law and the effects that the cold weather had on the pressures. It assumes that the balls used by the Patriots were measured while cold and that the balls used by the Colts had time to warm up before they were measured.

However, none of this is true. The balls were all measured at the same time, and the investigation did, in fact, take into account the effects of the Ideal Gas Law. Scientific analysis was done on the pressure measurements and it was determined that the balls used by the Patriots were truly deflated to levels below the minimum allowed. The people in charge of this part of the investigation were clearly qualified:

"As part of the investigation, scientific consultants were engaged to assist theinvestigative team. These consultants included Exponent, one of the leading scientific andengineering consulting firms in the country, and Dr. Daniel R. Marlow, the Evans Crawford1911 Professor of Physics at Princeton University and former Chairman of the PrincetonUniversity Physics Department, who served as a special scientific consultant, coordinated withExponent on its testing and analytical work, and advised the investigative team."

Furthermore, it was clearly established by surveillance videos that a Patriots equipment manager took the balls from the officials room, in violation of league rules, and then proceeded to take them to a bathroom for several minutes. He later lied about it to investigators. Texts between him and another equipment manager clearly established that he planned to have a "needle" with him at the game to make sure the game balls were deflated to the pressures that Tom Brady wanted them to be. He repeatedly refers to what an ass Brady always was about the ball pressures.

If you wish to take the time to read the entire report it is here:
    https://nfllabor.files.wordpress.co...s-re-footballs-used-during-afc-championsh.pdf

The success of Patriots fans in convincing everybody that it didn't happen shows the truism that if you repeat a lie often enough, eventually people believe it. In this case, make a video of a college professor talking about the Ideal Gas Law, and share it often enough, and eventually people believe that is what happened. It didn't.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    This is just simply NOT true.

It is based on the idea, floated by Patriots fans, that the investigation ignored the results of the Ideal Gas Law and the effects that the cold weather had on the pressures. It assumes that the balls used by the Patriots were measured while cold and that the balls used by the Colts had time to warm up before they were measured.

However, none of this is true. The balls were all measured at the same time, and the investigation did, in fact, take into account the effects of the Ideal Gas Law. Scientific analysis was done on the pressure measurements and it was determined that the balls used by the Patriots were truly deflated to levels below the minimum allowed. The people in charge of this part of the investigation were clearly qualified:

"As part of the investigation, scientific consultants were engaged to assist theinvestigative team. These consultants included Exponent, one of the leading scientific andengineering consulting firms in the country, and Dr. Daniel R. Marlow, the Evans Crawford1911 Professor of Physics at Princeton University and former Chairman of the PrincetonUniversity Physics Department, who served as a special scientific consultant, coordinated withExponent on its testing and analytical work, and advised the investigative team."

Furthermore, it was clearly established by surveillance videos that a Patriots equipment manager took the balls from the officials room, in violation of league rules, and then proceeded to take them to a bathroom for several minutes. He later lied about it to investigators. Texts between him and another equipment manager clearly established that he planned to have a "needle" with him at the game to make sure the game balls were deflated to the pressures that Tom Brady wanted them to be. He repeatedly refers to what an ass Brady always was about the ball pressures.

If you wish to take the time to read the entire report it is here:
    https://nfllabor.files.wordpress.co...s-re-footballs-used-during-afc-championsh.pdf

The success of Patriots fans in convincing everybody that it didn't happen shows the truism that if you repeat a lie often enough, eventually people believe it. In this case, make a video of a college professor talking about the Ideal Gas Law, and share it often enough, and eventually people believe that is what happened. It didn't.

Bingo. Follow the money.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom