• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Sheriff Dave

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2019
    Anderson/Pendleton
    Sure AV needs to conquer his demons but Ebron needs to wash the crap off his hands. IF Ebron had caught some balls then it wouldn't have been on AV's shoulders to begin with.
    Luke is a great long snapper. AV started having trouble when Rigoberto started handling the snaps.
    I have NOT researched this so it's only an observation but it seems like he might be a part of the problem. HOWEVER.... Shanks lay the blame in one jersey.

I agree, there has been a lot of dropped catchable balls this year. Lets not forget the many stupid fouls that have allowed way too many first downs.

historian

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    SD by residency, Hoosier by heart
    Are we really that upset about our record? Heck. Any normal team has what happened to us at the start of the year and we would be playing down in the Cincy/Fins/Redskins/Jets league. The fact of the matter is that we are pretty darn good. We could have had a couple more wins, but if you are relying on your kicker to win it, then you aren't doing a good job as a team. That being said, I'm pretty happy with where we are right now. We should be much worse.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Are we really that upset about our record? Heck. Any normal team has what happened to us at the start of the year and we would be playing down in the Cincy/Fins/Redskins/Jets league. The fact of the matter is that we are pretty darn good. We could have had a couple more wins, but if you are relying on your kicker to win it, then you aren't doing a good job as a team. That being said, I'm pretty happy with where we are right now. We should be much worse.

It's a team, and the kicker is part of it. Everyone works together, and they all have specific jobs and are expected to perform. Kickers are the leading scorers in the NFL, far and away. So yes, despite how much people look down on them, kickers are relied on... heavily. AV ain't pulling his weight. He obviously has the ability, but his head just isn't there.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    It's a team, and the kicker is part of it. Everyone works together, and they all have specific jobs and are expected to perform. Kickers are the leading scorers in the NFL, far and away. So yes, despite how much people look down on them, kickers are relied on... heavily. AV ain't pulling his weight. He obviously has the ability, but his head just isn't there.

And we have a winner......:)

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville

I mostly agree. Honestly at his age and performance it’s time to start searching. We don’t wanna wait until he pulls a Luck and calls it quits, leaving us with our pants down looking for a replacement.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Good explanation of the Colts situation form the Star...

If the Colts were to cut Vinatieri, there is no guarantee a kicker they brought in to replace him is going to fare any better. Hard as that may be to believe considering he’s just 12-for-17 on field goals (70.6%) and 14-for-19 on extra points (73.7%) — both career lows — what’s available on the free agent market likely isn’t much better.

Of all the kickers who were free agents before Week 2 of the season but latched on with a team at some point during the year -- that's Nick Folk, Chase McLaughlin, Mike Nugent, Sam Ficken, Cody Parkey, Cairo Santos -- Vinatieri has been the better field-goal kicker. His mark of 70.6% edges their combined 65.8%. On extra points, however, the free-agent replacements own a significant edge (96.0% to Vinatieri’s 73.7%) but this only further illustrates the quagmire the Colts are stuck in.

There's no guarantee cutting Vinatieri improves the kicker position.

I mostly agree. Honestly at his age and performance it’s time to start searching. We don’t wanna wait until he pulls a Luck and calls it quits, leaving us with our pants down looking for a replacement.

If you are talking next season I agree, if this season who is out there you want?

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Wow. Colts add Chad Kelly to the roster and waived Deon Cain.

Likely an indication Brissett will not play. Want a true backup..

Think it's insurance in case Brissett doesn't heal up as fast as they think?

Ha! Great minds... ;)

They have officially ruled out Brissett for Sunday. I was more surprised at the Cain cut.

Ballard has a base belief to never be without a backup qb.

JB isn't ready to play. Plan "B" just in case.
    I'm anxious to see what Hoyer can do with a week's practice with the first squad.

As detective John McClain said "welcome to the party pal". LOL

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Kelly played pretty well in the game or two he played in early on, so he should be a solid backup. And I really thought Hoyer did well all things considered last week. They'll have a pretty deep bench at QB once Brissett is healthy. Or will they likely move one back down to the practice squad?

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    Kelly played pretty well in the game or two he played in early on, so he should be a solid backup. And I really thought Hoyer did well all things considered last week. They'll have a pretty deep bench at QB once Brissett is healthy. Or will they likely move one back down to the practice squad?

With as many injuries as we have at other positions, I’d be shocked if they kept 3 QB’s active all year.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    RedMurph
    Top Bottom