• Status
    Not open for further replies.

w_ADAM_d88

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    Greenfield
    So where are we in the upcoming games? Even without Brissett for a game or so.

Dolphins. Very Winnable

Jags. Very winnable

At Texans. Toss up

Titans. Very winnable

At Buccaneers. Very winnable

At Saints. Loss

Panthers. Very winnable

At Jags. Very winnable

There are 6 very winnable games, one certain loss and one toss up. I think 10 wins makes playoffs. We also have a win against Texans we are fighting to win the division...
    You Sir, are very optimistic!

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    So where are we in the upcoming games? Even without Brissett for a game or so.

Dolphins. Very Winnable 1-7 L

Jags. Very winnable 4-5. L

At Texans. Toss up 6-3. W

Titans. Very winnable 4-5. L

At Buccaneers. Very winnable 2-6 L

At Saints. Loss. 7-1. W

Panthers. Very winnable 5-3. W

At Jags. Very winnable 4-5 L

There are 6 very winnable games, one certain loss and one toss up. I think 10 wins makes playoffs. We also have a win against Texans we are fighting to win the division...

You Sir, are very optimistic!

I expect the Colts to be able to win a majority of games against teams with losing records, 5 future opponents have losing records while only 3 have winning records. Who do you think they will beat and lose to?

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Late for the show, we caught the end of the 3rd and parts of the 4th while out for a late lunch. We got home just in time to hear AV teeing up for the game winning kick. I shut it off before the kick and told the wife he missed and they lost. I see my prediction was correct. He used to be money in the bank but it seems like this season he's even money.

Don't put yourself in a position where a bad call or missed field goal is the difference between a "W" or an "L".

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Well. So much for the best defense in football.

I have to admit, as a Tom Brady fan, this kinda hurt.

EIgHdh2XkAAlPbX

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Well. So much for the best defense in football.

I have to admit, as a Tom Brady fan, this kinda hurt.

EIgHdh2XkAAlPbX

Please take no offense past what it intended but I am kind of happy for the pain put on the fans from this pummeling......:):
    I did not stay up for the entire game but I really enjoyed what I saw of it.
    Now with that said I enjoy watching the steelers get schooled almost as much......:cool:

If the Ravens stay on this march there will be rings.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Please take no offense past what it intended but I am kind of happy for the pain put on the fans from this pummeling......:):
    I did not stay up for the entire game but I really enjoyed what I saw of it.
    Now with that said I enjoy watching the steelers get schooled almost as much......:cool:

If the Ravens stay on this march there will be rings.

I'm not as much a Patriots fan as I am a fan of great talent. Belichick and Tom Brady are probably the greatest all time at their rolls. They're getting old though. Probably time to be overtaken by the young. I don't know who that is in coaching, but there are a number of top quarterbacks better than Tom is now. Not in terms of football intelligence, but in physical performance. There comes a point where the former can no longer make up for the latter, and I think Brady is getting there.

I don't see anyone stopping Jackson except Jackson or injuries. I think everyone's talking about Jackson because Mahomes is out with an injury. But those are the two most exciting QB's to watch play right now.

If a healthy Mahomes played a healthy Jackson in the AFC championship, that might as well be the Super Bowl. Their last meeting was a pretty good game, but I'd like to see them play each other when there's something really on the line.

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    I'm not as much a Patriots fan as I am a fan of great talent. Belichick and Tom Brady are probably the greatest all time at their rolls. They're getting old though. Probably time to be overtaken by the young. I don't know who that is in coaching, but there are a number of top quarterbacks better than Tom is now. Not in terms of football intelligence, but in physical performance. There comes a point where the former can no longer make up for the latter, and I think Brady is getting there.

I don't see anyone stopping Jackson except Jackson or injuries. I think everyone's talking about Jackson because Mahomes is out with an injury. But those are the two most exciting QB's to watch play right now.

If a healthy Mahomes played a healthy Jackson in the AFC championship, that might as well be the Super Bowl. Their last meeting was a pretty good game, but I'd like to see them play each other when there's something really on the line.

I’m not convinced yet that the Michael Vick type quarterback can have sustained success. I’ll believe it when I see it, but for now I’ll remain skeptical.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I’m not convinced yet that the Michael Vick type quarterback can have sustained success. I’ll believe it when I see it, but for now I’ll remain skeptical.

As to the current crop yes those 2 are very exciting. But like CP says once the defenses figure this out and those guys get dinged up the lights will fade. Mahomes especially. JMHO.

I do agree with "J" as to the pairing of Brady/Belicheat. The record stands for itself but not unlike other league stars the calls always seem to go their way. Or maybe it is just me.........:whistle:

After further review.....Nah, they get the breaks more than not.....:):

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    For those bad mouthing AV, there's a lot going on during that play. Not sure if people understand that the "long snapper to holder" is supposed to have a specific amount of rotations on the ball. Every time, the same number of spins!

The long snapper screwed up. The holder caught it & could not find the laces, panicked and turned the ball even more the wrong way. With all that said, watch how the ball left the ground. It had a chance to go through the posts despite the cleat scuff. Was it a good kick? Nope. Was it a good hike and placement? Nope.

So if the Colts actually bring in another kicker, you are not going to see much if any improvement unless they also find a new long snapper. Kickers that are trying out would already be on an NFL team if they were good enough. The best bet would be to find a decent kicker that was injured & is trying to come back to the game.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    Late for the show, we caught the end of the 3rd and parts of the 4th while out for a late lunch. We got home just in time to hear AV teeing up for the game winning kick. I shut it off before the kick and told the wife he missed and they lost. I see my prediction was correct. He used to be money in the bank but it seems like this season he's even money.

Don't put yourself in a position where a bad call or missed field goal is the difference between a "W" or an "L".

In a perfect world it works like that. Reality is that there's a position on a football team for a kicker. Good Kickers keep their jobs for years. AV has been on top of the mountain for a long time.
    Once you hit the pinnacle there's only one way to go.
    AV has been king of the mountain and is HOF material first vote. However.... maybe it's time for him to hobble down the mountain.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    For those bad mouthing AV, there's a lot going on during that play. Not sure if people understand that the "long snapper to holder" is supposed to have a specific amount of rotations on the ball. Every time, the same number of spins!

The long snapper screwed up. The holder caught it & could not find the laces, panicked and turned the ball even more the wrong way. With all that said, watch how the ball left the ground. It had a chance to go through the posts despite the cleat scuff. Was it a good kick? Nope. Was it a good hike and placement? Nope.

So if the Colts actually bring in another kicker, you are not going to see much if any improvement unless they also find a new long snapper. Kickers that are trying out would already be on an NFL team if they were good enough. The best bet would be to find a decent kicker that was injured & is trying to come back to the game.

You hit on something I pondered this morning, the kick is not just AV, it is more than just the golf swing or trigger pull.

A ball must be thrown backward by a player through his legs several yards, while another player must catch it and position it the exact way the kicker wants it so it can be kicked.

Maybe instead of searching for kickers we need better snapper and holder???

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    Confirmed that Brissett has a sprained MCL. They haven’t ruled him out of Sunday’s game yet, they’re waiting on the MRI results to determine the severity.

Well he sure made me eat my words when I said I thought he was doing better than luck would’ve, and actually staying healthy.

Ill take my 50 lashes now

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    Well, when your own players are the ones injuring you, it doesn't help. He was kind of a victim of "friendly fire".

Honestly I was surprised Hoyer held up as good as he did. I doubt he’s gotten much practice in with them focusing on getting brisset up to speed, and he definitely made some mistakes, but didn’t do too bad imo. I’m curious if AV is gonna retire at the end of the year? I like the guy, but there’s a couple games now that should’ve had a different outcome had he been as consistent as he was in past years.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Honestly I was surprised Hoyer held up as good as he did. I doubt he’s gotten much practice in with them focusing on getting brisset up to speed, and he definitely made some mistakes, but didn’t do too bad imo. I’m curious if AV is gonna retire at the end of the year? I like the guy, but there’s a couple games now that should’ve had a different outcome had he been as consistent as he was in past years.

Hoyer has not spent much time at all with the offense. He was brought in after Luck retired so he missed training camp and runs the scout team.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom