• IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    BULL****!!! NO MORE COMPROMISES!

:yesway:

Exactly right, and this is before we even get started on the left's likely effort to renege on anything good for us in such a deal with the devil. I would also point out that for decades they have come to us with 'compromise' representing them settling for less than everything on their bucket list in exchange for us getting exactly nothing.

sparky32

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 5, 2013
    Morgantown
    This whole focus on guns is completely beside the point. Guns aren't the problem. What should be talked about is the break down of moral values, the value of life,

focus on stable family environments, dad's sticking around to help raise kids, and communities coming together to help keep it safe. People will kill no matter what

by whatever means necessary if they so choose. The key is decreasing the amount of people making those choices. How does more legislature help if the current

laws can't even be enforced accurately or often enough? Look at prohibition, it gave rise to the biggest gangsters in American history, look at the War on Drugs?

Yeah, laws don't stop criminals.

Scuba591

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    Noblesville
    This whole focus on guns is completely beside the point. Guns aren't the problem. What should be talked about is the break down of moral values, the value of life,

focus on stable family environments, dad's sticking around to help raise kids, and communities coming together to help keep it safe. People will kill no matter what

by whatever means necessary if they so choose. The key is decreasing the amount of people making those choices. How does more legislature help if the current

laws can't even be enforced accurately or often enough? Look at prohibition, it gave rise to the biggest gangsters in American history, look at the War on Drugs?

Yeah, laws don't stop criminals.
    I had this discussion with a coworker tonight. We decided that up until the age of 18 parents would be responsible for the actions of their children. Incurring costs for bad behavior. Access to help for troubled youths and lacking parents. We could just not seem to make it work in our minds if a child shot and killed someone and the parent have to also serve time and pay penalties. Once society decided to give up on shame as a concept... I think it would be impossible to force respect back into the home.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    This whole discussion is a diversion anyway.
    He's trying desperately to move the debate away from his failed foreign policy. The entire middle east is on the verge of a WWIII.
    The global economy is out of the toilet and headed for the main drain.

He's worried about his "legacy", and not much else.

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    129   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    He's trying desperately to move the debate away from his failed foreign policy. The entire middle east is on the verge of a WWIII.

Failed foreign policy? His entire presidency is an historic failure. His biggest "triumph", ObamaCare, will also go down in history as a failure. At least some of us weren't fooled twice, or even once.

funeralweb

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    Earth/East Central I
    Meh.
    I watched the entire show. Nothing new, no facts.
    Anderson Cooper must think he's a journalist again. I'm sure he thought he was "tough" on Obama.

I actually think Obama just served to underline the fact that he's reaching for straws.
    I think, with this town hall, he "shot himself in the foot".

Agreed. He seemed about as prepared as a novice Whack-a-Mole player throughout, even screwing up the few bones he was thrown during the last 20 minutes. Without his teleprompter feeding him what to say, he reminded me of Jim Irsay at Monday night's Pagano presser. The leader of the free world was speaking tonight and his level of stupid was scary.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Failed foreign policy? His entire presidency is an historic failure. His biggest "triumph", ObamaCare, will also go down in history as a failure. At least some of us weren't fooled twice, or even once.

It doesn't take much thinking to make that list quite long. This is certainly a diversion.

Agreed. He seemed about as prepared as a novice Whack-a-Mole player throughout, even screwing up the few bones he was thrown during the last 20 minutes. Without his teleprompter feeding him what to say, he reminded me of Jim Irsay at Monday night's Pagano presser. The leader of the free world was speaking tonight and his level of stupid was scary.

Hopefully someone will highlight the pres' ineptness. I just couldn't stomach watching this fake "town hall."

funeralweb

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    Earth/East Central I

I already repped Mgderf for another post in this thread and he goes and outdoes himself with this ^^^^. Can somebody spot me about +2?

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    BULL****!!! NO MORE COMPROMISES!

Amen. Amen. Amen.

I think we are having a bait and switch. No 'public health statistics' to show you are safer with a gun is like saying that there are no torque specs on the velocity of a bullet, and no public opinion poll on acceleration due to gravity.

They are selling "safety" at the expense of liberty to the weak and risk averse.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    https://www.facebook.com/EmilyMille...020287956889/1052317018160540/?type=3&theater

Emily Miller

Like This PagePage Liked · 3 hrs via Facebook Mentions ·

Pres. Obama just said. the guns in Chicago crimes are coming from gun shows in Indiana. What?

LikeCommentShare

Top Comments

You and 348 others like this.

298 comments
    156 shares

[h=6]Comments[/h]
    Remove
    Emily Miller It's so great to get so many facts about Indiana gun shows from you folks. It's totally invented !

Like · Reply · 28 · 1 hr

13 Replies · 21 mins

Top Bottom