• ...and so much more!
  • actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2016/01/08/obamas-hollow-threat-to-pro-gun-democrats/

Obama’s hollow threat to pro-gun Democrats

and he published a New York Times op-ed Thursday promising to throw his weight only behind candidates who support "common-sense gun reform.""All of us need to demand leaders brave enough to stand up to the gun lobby’s lies," he said.
    But the president's promise to hold candidates -- especially Democrats -- to the fire if they don't support gun control proposals is a largely hollow one. And that's because his support simply won't make much of a difference in upcoming elections.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    What Obama means when he says the NRA has blocked ?smart gun? technology - Quartz

What Obama means when he says the NRA has blocked “smart gun” technology

In the entire article, they never even mention that there could be another side.
    The NRA blocks smart guns.
    No statement as to why, or the fact that as far as I know, the NRA is NOT against smart guns.
    They are against making people buy smart guns.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Illustrated-Guide-To-Gun-Control.png

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    What Obama means when he says the NRA has blocked ?smart gun? technology - Quartz

What Obama means when he says the NRA has blocked “smart gun” technology

In the entire article, they never even mention that there could be another side.
    The NRA blocks smart guns.
    No statement as to why, or the fact that as far as I know, the NRA is NOT against smart guns.
    They are against making people buy smart guns.
    Basic market forces have done more to block smart guns than anything else. People just don't want them.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    Basic market forces have done more to block smart guns than anything else. People just don't want them.

Nope. Actually, a combination of a toxic law in NJ and gun owners are fully responsible. Some people have expressed a desire to actually use smart weapons. In a free market, they should have already had them on their hips. The problem is the Childproof Handgun Law of 2002 which dictates that 2.5 years after the first smart gun is sold anywhere in the US, then only smart guns may be sold in NJ. Gun owners understand what this means for NJ gun rights. The vast majority of gun stores have been unwilling to stock these guns. Two stores have tried to sell smart guns, but immediately received pressure/threats from gun owners nationwide to back off.

If it wasn't for that law, some smart guns would have been out on the market years ago and development would be farther along. The problem is the government dictate has forced a stalemate that is preventing these guns from coming to market.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Liberals are always using words they don't understand. Examples "Common Sense" as in common sense gun laws and "Smart" as in smart gun.

What%20you%20think_zpskwdrc8fj.jpg

lionhunt64

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2012
    At Close Range
    Did you watch it?

I did as much as I could Stomach, Everything that Mrs. Kyle, The Rape Victim, LEO and others, said fell on deaf ears of BHO. We can beat the liberals over the head with facts and figures all day long, it doesn't matter ,They ( Liberals) know what is best for US, just ask them. If you listen to the Man long enough , He will tell you his Bad Intentions.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I did as much as I could Stomach, Everything that Mrs. Kyle, The Rape Victim, LEO and others, said fell on deaf ears of BHO. We can beat the liberals over the head with facts and figures all day long, it doesn't matter ,They ( Liberals) know what is best for US, just ask them. If you listen to the Man long enough , He will tell you his Bad Intentions.

I would take this excellent foundation and add to it that to a leftist, victims are only useful as crying props. When they get interested in preventing themselves from becoming victims (again), then they no longer useful as they no longer fit the narrative which is a contrived justification for the desired end of confiscation in full knowledge that the rationale used to justify it is pure fiction. He wants us disarmed and does not give a damn about any victim of any crime aside, once again, from the usefulness of such persons as props for his agenda.

Cygnus

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    New England
    I thought some important truths got revealed during the no-rebutal town hall. I have had a few anti/on the fence people say "2/3 of the 30k are suicides and accidents? Wait a minute..."

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Failed foreign policy? His entire presidency is an historic failure. His biggest "triumph", ObamaCare, will also go down in history as a failure. At least some of us weren't fooled twice, or even once.

Like I've said before, "failed," almost entirely depends on where you place your support. Obama promised to "transform" America, and I doubt anyone can say that he hasn't. He's empowered a whole generation of loons.

Top Bottom