CIVIL RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION: General Religious Discussion...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • historian

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    SD by residency, Hoosier by heart
    The main problem I have with believing it's legit is, how it being discovered during the middle ages, it fits (almost exactly) the middle age paintings, sculptures, and other depictions of Jesus (ie long hair, beard, etc). Then of course you have the strategic placing of the hands, which If not placed in such a way, would have been offensive to audiences (circa the time it was discovered). Nevermind the fact that it was discovered 1300 years, plus, after Jesus's death.

We could just ask Indi and CM. I mean, they were around long enough. Who needs carbon dating when we have those two fossils!

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    We could just ask Indi and CM. I mean, they were around long enough. Who needs carbon dating when we have those two fossils!

I am no help...I didn't see it until about 1400 AD but I can tell you this...It looked old....Not newly made and the weave pattern was the same pattern as my robe I wore around the Red Sea back in about 30 BC....Not made off the same loom mind you but a similar style....

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    This shouldn't be as I was a full-grown adult for the entirety of the '90s....nonetheless, it is.

The "day the music died" for my generation: April 5, 1994.

I believe one's musical tastes at say, 19 or 20, are when one really begins to truly appreciate good music...So I stand by my statement...IMHO you are the King of 90's music...You may have been an adult but that is when good taste in music starts......

So here's a little ear worm for you.....:)(That lead singer looks like he could be Gram Parsons son...)

[video=youtube;12bM1CqHoBY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=12bM1CqHoBY[/video]

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    90's music earworms, eh

Warning: Lyrics could be interpreted as risqué

[video=youtube;lBq_prhekQ4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lBq_prhekQ4[/video]

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Okay, one more

Warning: Melancholy

[video=youtube;TinZAZXnvqA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TinZAZXnvqA[/video]

ETA: Good Dobro

Last edited:

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    I am really pleased as well. We have been observing.
    I am glad that we (the mods) pushed to have this topic put back up for discussion.

Now, if we could just get a handle on the abortion thing.......:faint:

Thanks to all for being civil in sharing.

Well golly gosh, I'm late to the discussion but the abortion thing is easy.
    It goes like this...
    On Tuesday it is not OK to kill the baby.
    But on Monday it was.
    Works the same way as deer season.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Anybody read this book or know something about it?

https://academic.logos.com/salvatio...e-alone-matthew-bates-in-the-hot-seat-part-1/

I don't think I have brought it up here before, but I have been taught over the years as an Orthodox, that the original greek, pistis, meant more like fidelity than a mental assent or intellectual belief.

This book seems to be taking almost the same path from a protestant perspective.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Steve44
    Top Bottom