CIVIL RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION: General Religious Discussion...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Figured I'd put this here. :D

Exclusive: Christ's Burial Place Exposed for First Time in Centuries

Archaeology at the Church of the Holy Sepulchre/Resurrection.

Inside, a scrum of conservators in yellow hard hats, Franciscans in simple brown robes, Greek orthodox priests in tall black hats, and Copts in embroidered hoods surrounded the entrance to the Edicule, peering into its reaches.

Outside the Edicule, Thephilos III, the Greek Patriarch of Jerusalem, stood watching the events with a serene smile. "I'm glad that the atmosphere is special, there is a hidden joy," said the patriarch. "Here we have Franciscans, Armenians, Greeks, Muslim guards, and Jewish police officers. We hope and we pray that this will be a real message that the impossible can become the possible. We all need peace and mutual respect."

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Somehow, all I can think of is Geraldo opening Capone's vault.

What a night that was....Waited for a freakin' month and....Well you know...

"Here's a bottle...It...Uh...Could have had...Um...Illegal alcohol in it...Or something..."

Now back to the post....

I saw a secrets of the dead episode where they had sent a small camera into the tomb in anticipation of this....There was a ton of graffiti going back to 350 AD from pilgrims carved on the wall...I'll see if I can dig it up on youtube.....

[video=youtube;FClYIzNhKKQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FClYIzNhKKQ[/video]

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Given today's technology, what if they were able to find DNA?

I mean, it wouldn't necessarily mean much - that site has had thousands of visitors prior to even being sealed.

But what if?

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso

I mean, it wouldn't necessarily mean much - that site has had thousands of visitors prior to even being sealed.

But what if?

Is finding DNA such a deep pull? I mean, I know a lot of people who think they're literally eating the body and literally drinking the blood on a regular basis.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Is finding DNA such a deep pull? I mean, I know a lot of people who think they're literally eating the body and literally drinking the blood on a regular basis.
    My faith does not require proof.

My skepticism is deeply curious about what historical evidence can be correlated to Jesus' life. :)

So, DNA would be very interesting to me. Of course, there would be no real way to determine "who" belonged to what DNA.

Realistically, a matrix of DNA to just document the people who venerated the site would be fascinating, too.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I can't help but imagine how much more interesting the site would be had they not dolled it up with all the marble and carvings, and what-not.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    My faith does not require proof.

My skepticism is deeply curious about what historical evidence can be correlated to Jesus' life. :)

So, DNA would be very interesting to me. Of course, there would be no real way to determine "who" belonged to what DNA.

Realistically, a matrix of DNA to just document the people who venerated the site would be fascinating, too.

I'm just one Protestant, having some fun.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0

But what if?

I am Protestant but I do believe the Shroud of Turin is the burial shroud of Jesus of Nazareth....There is blood stains on there and they found the type I believe...

The blood on the Shroud is real, human male blood of the type AB (typed by Dr. Baima Ballone in Turin and confirmed in the U.S.). This blood type is rare (about 3% of the world population), with the frequency varying from one region to another.

Last edited:

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

But what if?

No T.Lex, we're not going to clone Jesus.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I am Protestant but I do believe the Shroud of Turin is the burial shroud of Jesus of Nazareth....There is blood stains on there and they found the type I believe...

The blood on the Shroud is real, human male blood of the type AB (typed by Dr. Baima Ballone in Turin and confirmed in the U.S.). This blood type is rare (about 3% of the world population), with the frequency varying from one region to another.

Wasn't it proven to be a fake?

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana

I don't drink his blood and eat his body on a daily basis, but I do partake in it every time I go to Mass:yesway:

So...are you saying I cannot have my own, personal Jesus?

Someone to hear my prayers, someone who cares?

You already do. Just close your eyes, and fold your hands. I'll even do it with you.

Top Bottom