Not open for further replies.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Nothing is going to convince you anyway, short of the Holy Spirit, but refusing to use the truth as the truth is impossible. Scripture taken in it`s proper context is the surest way to prove Scripture, and I will not, I cannot do things any differently. You are asking the impossible. In one paragraph, you`ve demanded that Scripture not be used to verify Scripture, and that we ignore, or deny the existence of Satan. Neither of these is possible. Satan is real, he is alive, and he is the enemy of your soul. He seeks to deceive you, and to cause you to miss the wonderful future the Lord has for you, if only you come to true repentance. The Bible IS the Holy Word of God, that burns like a white-hot light, to point out our sin and depravity. It is fact, it is truth, and it IS a love letter from our Creator to us, His creation.
    None of us here can bring you to salvation, only the Holy Spirit can do that. But, the small part we can play, is to plant the seeds of truth in you, and we can only do that by sharing the truth with you, not your version of truth, but Gods` Word, in it`s proper context. If we tell you anything but truth, we`re only assisting you in your journey to hell. Because you`re here at all discussing this, it appears that you`re seeking truth, but you have to be open to it. If telling you the truth causes you to be, in your words, a skeptic, well, that`s your own choosing. We are obligated to tell you the truth, regardless of what you do with that truth.

Best thing I seen you write, right there.

A genuine, flawed, human perspective of Truth and a genuine, flawed, human attempt to respond properly to it.

What more could a God ask of us? What more could He expect of us?

How much less could He ask or expect of us?

Nicely done. :yesway:

ATM

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    I think I read it in some Jefferson quote. :D

I love so many of his quotes.

Yet, he crippled his own bible for some reason, selectively editing it according to his own thoughts - his own brilliant but finite thoughts.

Why is it that it's typically the smartest folks who most often fall prey to outsmarting themselves?

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville

Yet, he crippled his own bible for some reason, selectively editing it according to his own thoughts - his own brilliant but finite thoughts.

Why is it that it's typically the smartest folks who most often fall prey to outsmarting themselves?

Fascinating, isn't it? Perhaps it all goes back to that old tree, and wanting to think we are on His level.

1 Corinthians 1:27-29
    [27] But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty; [28] And base things of the world, and things which are despised, hath God chosen, yea , and things which are not, to bring to nought things that are: [29] That no flesh should glory in his presence.

The editing of scripture has been the downfall of many a man. It's not like we weren't warned, though...

Revelation 22:18-19
    [18] For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book: [19] And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book. …

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    This. This is absolutely the way not to convince me of anything. When I was growing up I'd ask my mom questions I had about Christianity and you know what she'd tell me? Ignore those, those are just Satan whispering in your ear. There's no quicker way to raise a skeptic.

This is simply using the bible to prove the bible. If my default state is skeptical, using the thing i'm skeptical of as proof isn't going to work.

I google "why did god instruct israel to destroy the canaanites" and this was one of the first links that came up. Maybe it'll help you some.

https://bible.org/question/how-could-loving-god-tell-israelites-kill-their-enemies-even-children

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area

What compels the electron to stay in orbit around the atom?????

God's little winks permeate science and philosophy...

So, let's replace electro-magnetism with God. Hey, that gives him 120v 15 amp as well. And my compass needle.

Nah. I'm good with you giving him credit when something good happens in your life, and blaming yourself for being unworthy when something doesn't go the way you want it but you don't get electro-magnetism, the strong force or the weak force. Gravity is still up in the air, so I'll give you "Because God", until it is better defined.

ATM

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Fascinating, isn't it? Perhaps it all goes back to that old tree, and wanting to think we are on His level.

Insight - you haz it. :)

...The editing of scripture has been the downfall of many a man. It's not like we weren't warned, though...

A warning indeed, like the tip of the iceberg, right there in the last place you'd look for it

...above the surface.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell

I'd read or viewed some time ago that the modern perception of his bible is wrong. It's made to make it look like Jefferson was trying to find a way to become Christian. I think there were 2 of them. The first was an attempt to package something together that was easier to digest for the various indian missions he was supporting at the time. The second was a sort of index to the moral teachings of Jesus.

ATM

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    So, let's replace electro-magnetism with God. Hey, that gives him 120v 15 amp as well. And my compass needle.

Nah. I'm good with you giving him credit when something good happens in your life, and blaming yourself for being unworthy when something doesn't go the way you want it but you don't get electro-magnetism, the strong force or the weak force. Gravity is still up in the air, so I'll give you "Because God", until it is better defined.

Oh, Alpo, you're so close, and yet so ...so

...not even close! ;)

Learn from the humble electron (even if you refuse to argue with boastful electrons).

All compass needles point to the north pole. Is it because Santa Lives there?

...'cause Santa is a deception

...right?

Based on a myth? ...or, just one of God's good creatures, and possibly, depending on your "perspective", one of His finest, most "brilliant" creations.

He's a comfortable and comforting deception, and an anagram.

Do you know View Profile: KeyserSoze - INGunOwners ???

I know him, and the only thing I fear is God.

The greatest trick Santa ever pulled was convincing adults that he doesn't exist. :):

:popcorn:

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0

Alpo I don't understand how you think I am replacing eletro-magnetism with God...That is the old "God of the gaps" argument and anyone who has paid attention to my ramblings know that is an argument I would never make....I give God credit for everything, good or bad...I believe He is the Creator of the Universe and all in it, good or bad...I have a special needs daughter and I stood in a storm with tears mixing with rain and screamed out "WHY?" to the Heavens....I now consider her the greatest blessing that could ever be bestowed upon me....(I don't want to get into an Autism is awesome rant but I can tell you I LOVE the way her brain works...I mean LOVE it!!!!) I am not saying I have not done what you have said but I can tell you this...Pain is what reminds me that I am alive...Now why on earth could I be mad at God for that????

Giving God's work a name, "electro-magnetism" does nothing (in my mind) to take away from the mystery....The fact that a horse has a name makes a horse no less the work of God...

There are a lot of folks way smarter than me that have not been able to answer that question I posed...I didn't pull that question out of my arse....It's a dogged question that physicists grapple with and I would think if the answer was just "electro-magnetism" they would quit stewing over it...

Last edited:

ATM

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    I'd read or viewed some time ago that the modern perception of his bible is wrong. It's made to make it look like Jefferson was trying to find a way to become Christian. I think there were 2 of them. The first was an attempt to package something together that was easier to digest for the various indian missions he was supporting at the time. The second was a sort of index to the moral teachings of Jesus.

His motives are certainly up for debate, and , Lord knows, I love a good argument, but the fact that "his bible" has become a stumbling block for others means I must stand against it at at least some level until I discover some higher perspective whereby it may be redeemed.

It's the same reason so many Christians are standing against me lately, repulsed, and rightfully so, until they discover some higher perspective whereby my actions may be redeemed.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Ummm ATM? Please leave science alone. A compass needle does not point to the North Pole. It points to magnetic north. Your snarky remarks reveal more about you than you would otherwise hope for.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    giphy.gif

Last edited:

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    The parallel question is how does the nucleus placed with positive and neutral particles not fly apart? God has an ingenious method to prevent this, without which the entire universe would instantly become a giant fission bomb.

"He is before all things, and by Him all things consist."

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    His motives are certainly up for debate, and , Lord knows, I love a good argument, but the fact that "his bible" has become a stumbling block for others means I must stand against it at at least some level until I discover some higher perspective whereby it may be redeemed.

It's the same reason so many Christians are standing against me lately, repulsed, and rightfully so, until they discover some higher perspective whereby my actions may be redeemed.

I have to say, your methods do have me wondering. This may speak to my lower intellect (not a difficult conclusion to arrive at), but I'm just sort of waiting to see it play out.

ATM

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Ummm ATM? Please leave science alone. A compass needle does not point to the North Pole. It points to magnetic north. Your snarky remarks reveal more about you than you would otherwise hope for.

Leave it to us finite beings to discover something of God's, name it, claim it and call it our own, then wonder why it's true nature and even location still seem to elude the definitions we attempted to assign it.

The more you fight the Truth, the smaller you become in the grand scheme of things, right?

JUST KEEP FIGHTING!

:)

ATM

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    I have to say, your methods do have me wondering. This may speak to my lower intellect (not a difficult conclusion to arrive at), but I'm just sort of waiting to see it play out.

Don't wait! Pray!

I'm physically wrecking myself to do whatever this is I'm doing. I'm missing meals and sleep and trembling and weeping more than any other time in my life. I don't want this season to ever end.

Don't pray for me, though, pray for my "prey". Pray for the church. Pray without ceasing.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    So you know little of physics yet you tell someone else to better prepare?

I'm doing my best just to be a reader of this thread rather than a contributor, so I'll just back off for the moment.

I am sorry about that...I edited it out after I gave it a read through but you must have been responding while I did so..I apologize...I didn't realize how snarky that sounded and I corrected it as soon as I read it and I was hoping, nay praying I got it in time...It seems I did not so please accept my humble apology...I was typing like I would be talking if you were here and honestly me saying it to you out loud would have come across as self deprecating...

Mea Culpa...My personality and conversations come across different in person and as weird as it sounds if I would have said out loud in person you would have seen it more as "guy talk" rather than what it looks like in cold internet talk...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom