• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Benp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 19, 2017
    Avon
    By preserving it through the Church, God also preserved how the Bible should be understood.
    It sounds like you are just listening to your church instead of reading the bible for yourself. If your church isn't teaching what is in the bible then there are big problems, and unless you read the bible then you don't know the difference.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    It sounds like you are just listening to your church instead of reading the bible for yourself. If your church isn't teaching what is in the bible then there are big problems, and unless you read the bible then you don't know the difference.

Just curious - what church is professing that the Holy Spirit is not a person?

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    The wife and I are trying to figure out which church to go to on Sunday when we're at the in-laws.

[video=youtube;BX_0-SoMDcg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BX_0-SoMDcg[/video]

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    There are a lot of churches that do not teach the trinity.

I know there are Oneness Pentacostals, but not aware of any particular churches or denominations for certain.

Please enlighten me.

Wikipedia has infamous KY county clerk Kim Davis listed as one. :):

Benp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 19, 2017
    Avon
    I know there are Oneness Pentacostals, but not aware of any particular churches or denominations for certain.
    Please enlighten me.
    Wikipedia has infamous KY county clerk Kim Davis listed as one. :):
    I attend a nondenominational church, but I don't look to them for my answers, I look in the bible. Man can go astray and deviate from the path of truth, but the bible does not waver and is the only reliable link that we have between us and our creator. I don't follow a church, I follow the bible. If a church teaches something, then the first thing that a person needs to do is go to the bible and see if it says what they claim it says.

Last edited:

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    f5ufyx5ide521.jpg

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I attend a nondenominational church, but I don't look to them for my answers, I look in the bible. Man can go astray and deviate from the path of truth, but the bible does not waver and is the only reliable link that we have between us and our creator. I don't follow a church, I follow the bible. If a church teaches something, then the first thing that a person needs to do is go to the bible and see if it says what they claim it says.

Does most everyone in your church hold to a non-trinitarian view, including the pastor?

Again, if there's lots of churches with a non-trinitarian view, you should be able to point me to a few.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne

OK, that was totally me at the office Xmas party. The resident RC came and said, "What do you think about Mary?"

:boxing:

It was civil and fun, till a co-workers girlfriend with an axe to grind about Xty, interjected, "Well, I'm not in to getting f'ed in the a**"

Annnnnnd, we done here.

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    All the Christian Churches.

Do you mean the Christian Churches and Churches of Christ?

Because if you do, you are wrong. Nowhere close to all. There are a few, but it's not even approaching the majority.

Edit to add: I have never heard of one that teaches such a thing, but it is one of the few heresies that gets taught against regularly, so it's my assumption that that didn't come from nothing.

Last edited:

Benp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 19, 2017
    Avon
    Does most everyone in your church hold to a non-trinitarian view, including the pastor?
    We all hold the same view.

Again, if there's lots of churches with a non-trinitarian view, you should be able to point me to a few.
    It doesn't matter to me if I'm the only one who thinks this is the case. The bible doesn't teach the trinity and that's good enough for me.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    We all hold the same view.

It doesn't matter to me if I'm the only one who thinks this is the case. The bible doesn't teach the trinity and that's good enough for me.

You claim to be free of the influences of a church or a pastor - a free thinker and find all your answers in the Bible...

Yet, you and your church, all hold the same view, a view that's generally considered a heresy by the vast majority of Christians for do study and take their wisdom from the Bible...

Either you're wrong about believing in the Bible alone without anyone else's teaching from it, or it's an incredible coincidence that you all hold the same minority view.

If a pastor's (or perhaps your church doesn't have a pastor, but rotating group of men) teaching is irrelevant and pointless, then why is here even bothering to come on Sunday morning? Why do some have the gift of teaching if teaching is unnecessary? Why have Sunday School is everything is so plain you need schooling?

If the Bible is so plainly obvious, then why don't rest of us understand it as you understand it? :dunno:

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Speaking of heresy:

T.Lex and foszoe, have you guys worked out which one of you is the heretic yet? Or do you agree to disagree? :D

I'll call any belief a heresy if it is. I won't call a person a heretic lightly. I don't think I ever have in my lifetime.

Heresy at its root means choice. I believe that means free choice and i don't know if T Lex holds heretical beliefs.

Also, several Orthodox believe Rome is in schism not outright heretical. There is a difference.

Technically speaking, the Great Schism as the west called it was more of a local schism between Constantinople and Rome.

historian

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    SD by residency, Hoosier by heart
    You claim to be free of the influences of a church or a pastor - a free thinker and find all your answers in the Bible...

Yet, you and your church, all hold the same view, a view that's generally considered a heresy by the vast majority of Christians for do study and take their wisdom from the Bible...

Either you're wrong about believing in the Bible alone without anyone else's teaching from it, or it's an incredible coincidence that you all hold the same minority view.

If a pastor's (or perhaps your church doesn't have a pastor, but rotating group of men) teaching is irrelevant and pointless, then why is here even bothering to come on Sunday morning? Why do some have the gift of teaching if teaching is unnecessary? Why have Sunday School is everything is so plain you need schooling?

If the Bible is so plainly obvious, then why don't rest of us understand it as you understand it? :dunno:

Just posting this again:

[video=youtube;KQLfgaUoQCw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQLfgaUoQCw[/video]

historian

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    SD by residency, Hoosier by heart
    I'll call any belief a heresy if it is. I won't call a person a heretic lightly. I don't think I ever have in my lifetime.

Heresy at its root means choice. I believe that means free choice and i don't know if T Lex holds heretical beliefs.

Also, several Orthodox believe Rome is in schism not outright heretical. There is a difference.

Technically speaking, the Great Schism as the west called it was more of a local schism between Constantinople and Rome.

Speaking of schism, how is the Greco-Russian Schism going? I haven't heard anything lately.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom