• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    T.Lex and foszoe, have you guys worked out which one of you is the heretic yet? Or do you agree to disagree? :D

We don't talk about it. ;)

More seriously, to follow up on f's post, the Schism isn't really heresy. Orthodox can take RCC communion (at least in our diocese).

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Just curious - what church is professing that the Holy Spirit is not a person?

All the Christian Churches.

What I mean is The Holy Spirit is..... well.... A Spirit. The Holy Ghost. A "person", to me, would be flesh and blood like Jesus was.

But I'm wrong as in to differentiate between the Holy Trinity, most people do call them "Persons". I would call God an "entity", Jesus a "person" and the Holy Spirit a "spirit". (also called the breath of God) 3=1 and 1=3. They are all the same dude ultimately.
    Anyway, that's what I meant by "the Holy Spirit is not a person". But The Holy Trinity IS most definitely a Christian belief.

Now, I'm not sure where this talk of the Holy Trinity not being in the bible? I haven't looked it up but I'm pretty sure it's in there.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Now, I'm not sure where this talk of the Holy Trinity not being in the bible? I haven't looked it up but I'm pretty sure it's in there.

You got me.

Well, it's not explicitly spelled out, but if you put the pieces together... If the Holy Spirit is just some mystical force... like The Force... well, how exactly do you grieve it?

I use "person", because each has a personality, has a consciousness, and can act independently.

They are different and separate, yet they are the same.

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)

God tells us he is a jealous God and we are to worship only him. One God.

Jesus prays to the Father, and tells the apostles a helper, the Holy Spirit, will come. 3 persons. So the Bible doesn’t use the word “trinity,” but you can’t say it’s not there.

I figured there was a semantics problem. Yes, the Holy Spirit wasn’t flesh and blood like Jesus, but as the hymn Holy Holy Holy says, “God in three persons, blessed Trinity.”

-rvb

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    You claim to be free of the influences of a church or a pastor - a free thinker and find all your answers in the Bible...

Yet, you and your church, all hold the same view, a view that's generally considered a heresy by the vast majority of Christians for do study and take their wisdom from the Bible...

Either you're wrong about believing in the Bible alone without anyone else's teaching from it, or it's an incredible coincidence that you all hold the same minority view.

If a pastor's (or perhaps your church doesn't have a pastor, but rotating group of men) teaching is irrelevant and pointless, then why is here even bothering to come on Sunday morning? Why do some have the gift of teaching if teaching is unnecessary? Why have Sunday School is everything is so plain you need schooling?

If the Bible is so plainly obvious, then why don't rest of us understand it as you understand it? :dunno:

Ask Moroni?

Bartman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    "Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and the Son, and of the Holy Ghost"

It doesn't make sense to me to be baptizing in the name of two personages, and an attribute. Especially when the attribute is capitalized.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Is it not possible that an omniscient, omnipotent being encompassing the all of everything might need to interact with our limited minds and senses via an abstracted version of himself (or several)

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    The entire NT is written in capital Greek

English Version translators decide what to capitalize in the bibles we have.

"Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and the Son, and of the Holy Ghost"

It doesn't make sense to me to be baptizing in the name of two personages, and an attribute. Especially when the attribute is capitalized.

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    The entire NT is written in capital Greek

For those who don't know, Foszoe is downplaying it even. The entire NT is written in capital Greek without punctuation or spaces between words.

It's almost like there's some interpretation required in reading any given text. Crazy, huh?

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    For those who don't know, Foszoe is downplaying it even. The entire NT is written in capital Greek without punctuation or spaces between words.

It's almost like there's some interpretation required in reading any given text. Crazy, huh?

Yeah. Its interesting that the same greek word gets translated as tradition when it has a bad connotation but whe the connotation is good, it's translated as custom...

Hmm. Wonder why someone would do that?

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    It's that time of year again

Du8c1ixUYAAJY0M.jpg:large

Status
    Not open for further replies.