• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bigus_D

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    Country Side
    I posted that. I think the Constitutional rights have pushed around; yes, but those who are trying to be an example to all, law abiding and Christian, should also do all they can NOT to bring anything negative towards the Lord. (attention) Twist it how you want, the 'suggestion' was not there. But twisting is what some do these days, when it fits their need.

I didn't mean to take you out of context... I just wanted to point out that everybody here is agreeing that these people should be allowed to spread their message. Some of the posts above are suggesting otherwise.

Jay

Gotta watch us old guys.....cause if you don't....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 19, 2008
    Near Marion, IN
    And I cannot figure out why people's private lives are such the obsession of others
    I think it's real simple..... the homosexual component of society don't want to live their own lives, in private...they want to force everyone else to accept those views. U.S. Citizens are, and have been, subject to the process of introducing homosexuality into mainstream America... whether we want it or not. I have never just taken to the streets and preached to anyone who would listen about my views on the subject. But it's on the news every night.... TV shows about it, children are being taught "alternative lifestyles", and this is obsessing about someone's private life ?

I don't recall ever trying to force my private lifestyle on anyone else.

I'll stand by my post and say that stones tossed my way will be returned with vigor.

Not to mention, they did not ask me for my opinion.
    Absolutely correct..... homosexuals choose instead to force acceptance of their lifestyle on everyone else, regardless of anyone's opinion except their own. Just my two cents.

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    There are 1000 things on TV these days that I do not agree with, so I stopped watching it. I don't parade on the street wearing signs that say "If you dress like a wh**e you must be one!" or "Old Navy = New Sleezy = Rot in Hell".

I could, but I don't.

Why? Because I can protect my children and build a better future without telling people that they are scum and going to hell. Frankly, I think doing the latter helps nothing except make some feel superior over others. There is nothing loving in those signs. Not even tough love kind of loving.

There was a time that yelling things at gays was funny. We all grew up with it. Now they pushed back and made it not to be funny any more. Frankly, it never should have been funny in the first place.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    So so typical, Joe. I have never expressed hatred to christians. The vast majority of everyone that I love and care about are christians. But hey... thanks for the label and judging me!!! ;)

Problem is, your posts belie your newly professed love for Christians. Every time the subject is brought up, we are treated to lengthy posts about how hateful, intolerant, etc., we are. Even your last sentence in your empty protestation continues in that vein.

mettle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    central southern IN
    I didn't mean to take you out of context... I just wanted to point out that everybody here is agreeing that these people should be allowed to spread their message. Some of the posts above are suggesting otherwise.

Understand. I was just saying that answering to a higher authority is we I am supposed to do; so, being a representation of a 'law abider' falls under that.

I just hope that, one day, I will not be forced to make the decision to pick another tool besides prayer and hope, and make things happen to protect my family. THAT is also a duty.

Techres, what does 'Question Gender' mean, BTW?

mettle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    central southern IN
    Problem is, your posts belie your newly professed love for Christians. Every time the subject is brought up, we are treated to lengthy posts about how hateful, intolerant, etc., we are. Even your last sentence in your empty protestation continues in that vein.

Exactly... we always get the eye rolls, the belittling remarks, and then it's 'you guys always belittle others with your judgmental attitudes' remarks...

so so typical and repetitive...

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Techres, what does 'Question Gender' mean, BTW?

It means I am driving my wife's car! :laugh: (for those that have not seen my wife's Van, it has some very different stickers on it, including the one mentioned here).

Now if you were to ask her what that means, as I have, she would tell you that it means that girls should not have to be pink laden little daisy's waiting on their shining armored prince to come along and save them. It also means that boys don't have to be grunting musclemen who do not spend time doing art or whatever else fits their personality.

And it drives her NUTS that my daughters both wanted a pink stock on the cricket rifle! :rockwoot:

Mostly the sticker means that people should not be driven by labels and should instead be full people in and of themselves. And my daughters do that by killing their own spiders cause they aren't gonna be raised to expect some pimply faced boy to do that for them.

Does that make sense?

haldir

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2008
    Goshen
    Up here in Goshen it looks like the City Council is going to pass special protections for homosexuals in housing and employment at the urging of a local gay business owner (so much for them not wanting to make it everyone else's business). If I am renting out a room or house, I don't know why I should be forced to allow what I consider immoral acts to occur on my property. I wouldn't rent to an unmarried heterosexual couple either. If I thought there would be drug use, ditto. Similarly if some of our local gays wanted to start up a gay nightclub in town, I don't think they should have to hire straight people. I don't think a Mexican homeowner should have to rent their house to obnoxious fat middle aged white guys either. If I have a house or business I should be able to run them they way I want to not how the gay lobby or their politicians want me to.

mettle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    central southern IN
    It means I am driving my wife's car! :laugh: (for those that have not seen my wife's Van, it has some very different stickers on it, including the one mentioned here).

Now if you were to ask her what that means, as I have, she would tell you that it means that girls should not have to be pink laden little daisy's waiting on their shining armored prince to come along and save them. It also means that boys don't have to be grunting musclemen who do not spend time doing art or whatever else fits their personality.

And it drives her NUTS that my daughters both wanted a pink stock on the cricket rifle! :rockwoot:

Mostly the sticker means that people should not be driven by labels and should instead be full people in and of themselves. And my daughters do that by killing their own spiders cause they aren't gonna be raised to expect some pimply faced boy to do that for them.

Does that make sense?

I was driving out of MCsports a while back and thought I might have seen you, and must have been your family in tow behind you getting out of that ..van? It's look more like a Scion on muscles!

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Up here in Goshen it looks like the City Council is going to pass special protections for homosexuals in housing and employment at the urging of a local gay business owner (so much for them not wanting to make it everyone else's business). If I am renting out a room or house, I don't know why I should be forced to allow what I consider immoral acts to occur on my property. I wouldn't rent to an unmarried heterosexual couple either. If I thought there would be drug use, ditto. Similarly if some of our local gays wanted to start up a gay nightclub in town, I don't think they should have to hire straight people. I don't think a Mexican homeowner should have to rent their house to obnoxious fat middle aged white guys either. If I have a house or business I should be able to run them they way I want to not how the gay lobby or their politicians want me to.

Ah! But this is a slightly different issue. This is a question of property rights versus individual rights. Can a property owner toss out renters because they are blacks? No. Then that opens the door to other groups wanting the same protections and that is the fight where we cry personal rights when we want to carry and not have a property owner evict us because we own firearms.

And yes, many groups are politically active, go figure.

Do I agree? I am torn and can go on about it as a separate debate, but that is far from being simply a "gay" thing. And that has nothing to do with posters talking about about where and what people do with their mouths as in above comments.

This is one of those points where the social conservatives go one way and the libertarians go another. I side on the libertarian side and simply cannot see, again, how my neighbor's private life (where and what they do with their mouths) is any of my business, nor is deserving of my ridicule or anger.

henktermaat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    I love to add to this discussion. I won't include a Bible verse this time, to limit Crystalship's albino bleating :):

For the record, I support someone on the street with a sight that says "I hate ____" fill in the blank. I don't care what goes into that blank, including the words "henktermaat" or "fluffy kittens" or "cans of tuna."

Check out the 1st amendment. It bears a re-look, freedom of speech is pretty sweet stuff. "Hate?" Don't buy into the liberal poitical correctness. That is code for "anything we don't agree with." Branding something as "hate speech" is akin to facism, in my opinion.

I say go ahead and speak your mind. I have no problem with the OP. I didn't see hate anywhere on the sign, nor would I care if I did. If you don't like something, change the channel. Leave. Go to another website. Walk away.

Last edited:

mettle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    central southern IN
    I love to add to this discussion. I won't include a Bible verse this time, to limit Crystalship's albino bleating :):

For the record, I support someone on the street with a sight that says "I hate ____" fill in the blank. I don't care what goes into that blank, including the words "henktermaat" or "fluffy kittens" or "cans of tuna."

Check out the 1st amendment. It bears a re-look, freedom of speech is pretty sweet stuff. "Hate?" Don't buy into the liberal poitical correctness. That is code for "anything we don't agree with." Branding something as "hate speech" is akin to facism, in my opinion.

I say go ahead and speak your mind. I have no problem with the OP. I didn't see hate anywhere on the sign, nor would I care if I did. If you don't like something, change the channel. Leave. Go to another website. Walk away.

Well said. "I hate __mushrooms__" :draw:

public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Exactly... we always get the eye rolls, the belittling remarks, and then it's 'you guys always belittle others with your judgmental attitudes' remarks...

so so typical and repetitive...
    Is this any different than the belittling and judgmental attitudes and remarks on the signs carried by the "Christians" aimed at the "homosexuals"? Please explain the difference?

..... homosexuals choose instead to force acceptance of their lifestyle on everyone else, regardless of anyone's opinion except their own.
    You mean kind of like this group of "Christians" attempting to force their views on a group of "homosexuals"? Please explain the difference?

I always figured I had enough on my plate to deal with without worrying with whom someone else is sleeping with. As long as those individuals are of legal age...why is it my business?

God gave us all free will. Sooner or later we'll all have to answer for those choices. I do know however...they don't have to answer to me. :twocents:

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Is this any different than the belittling and judgmental attitudes and remarks on the signs carried by the "Christians" aimed at the "homosexuals"? Please explain the difference?

You mean kind of like this group of "Christians" attempting to force their views on a group of "homosexuals"? Please explain the difference?

I always figured I had enough on my plate to deal with without worrying with whom someone else is sleeping with. As long as those individuals are of legal age...why is it my business?

God gave us all free will. Sooner or later we'll all have to answer for those choices. I do know however...they don't have to answer to me. :twocents:

So... you support using the government to silence those who disagree with that line of reasoning?

public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    So... you support using the government to silence those who disagree with that line of reasoning?
    Absolutely not. But neither do I support complaining because another individual or group's ideals and lifestyles don't happen to agree with either your own or whom ever you're defending at the time.

You cannot vow to defend one individual or group's right to say or do anything as their "God given right"...then disagree when the group you oppose does the same thing. :n00b:

"Christians" and "homosexuals" are not that much different when it comes to shoving each others' views and lifestyles down the others' throats. :twocents:

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Absolutely not. But neither do I support complaining because another individual or group's ideals and lifestyles don't happen to agree with either your own or whom ever you're defending at the time.

You cannot vow to defend one individual or group's right to say or do anything as their "God given right"...then disagree when the group you oppose does the same thing. :n00b:

"Christians" and "homosexuals" are not that much different when it comes to shoving each others' views and lifestyles down the others' throats. :twocents:

Yeah... they are. Take this particular instance. Christians are standing around expressing their opinion, flapping their gums. Homosexual activists complained and had them arrested, thereby using government force to silence their opponents and force their viewpoints down the rest of our throats. That's a drastic difference.

jclark

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    "Christians" and "homosexuals" are not that much different when it comes to shoving each others' views and lifestyles down the others' throats. :twocents:[/quote]

Well, christians just want to shove "ideas'' down your throat.....
    I'm sorry, but you left the door open.

public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Yeah... they are. Take this particular instance. Christians are standing around expressing their opinion, flapping their gums. Homosexual activists complained and had them arrested, thereby using government force to silence their opponents and force their viewpoints down the rest of our throats. That's a drastic difference.
    Where in the OP did you read that any homosexual activist complained or were even there?

While I neither agree with or condone homosexuality...If you support the Christian's right to free speech to get their message out...you can not condemn the homosexuals for delivering their message or views. (Or any anti-Christian views for that matter)

Anything other than affording both sides to deliver their message in whatever means they see fit would be rather hypocritical...don't you think?

Last edited:
    Top Bottom