• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    I love the double standards. "We want to government to leave us alone." "Don't stereotype gun owners as backwoods yokels." However, when it comes to something YOU don't agree with, YOU resort to the same stereotypes that you refuse to be subjected to. How many here have close relatives who are gay? Close friends who are gay? I do on both. I grew up with it and I believe that I am a better person with them in my life. It's amazing, I didn't catch "gay" by being around them. I like to think that my fellow gun owners, Constitutional scholars, could be above such narrow mindedness. Maybe we need to focus on our own house before we tell someone else how to run theirs. You don't want people telling you how to live your life but you have no problem telling others how to live theirs. Hypocritical to the core. Don't become the narrow minded, wacko, slack jawed yokel, stereotype that gun owners are portrayed as. You might have more in common with them than you think.
    Pink Pistols

ATF Consumer

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    South Side Indy
    I'm not telling anyone how they must live, I just don't agree with it and that is all I'm stating...like I said in an earlier post...It's a free country and we all get to choose how we live.
    If two dudes want to go have fun in their bedroom...that's their choice, I have no problem with it at all. It's just not for me.
    But for them to force it upon society is wrong, no different than attempting to do the same for pedophiles...afterall, they were born that way, so why should we be so hypocritical and be against it?

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Why do you keep equating homosexuality to paedophilia? All data currently available on the issue points to the fact that most paedophiles are heterosexuals. How many paedophiles that have been arrested also legally owned guns? Would you equate gun owners with them? You do your argument, such as it is, a disservice. Attempting to paint gays with that brush is repugnant and untrue.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    But for them to force it upon society is wrong,
    Forced on society how?
    no different than attempting to do the same for pedophiles...afterall, they were born that way, so why should we be so hypocritical and be against it?
    Really? THAT is your argument?
    Gay=2 consenting adults living their lives as they see fit.
    Pedophiles=the brutal assault, manipulation, abuse, degradation of children.
    NOT the same thing. Maybe in your eyes it is. But legally it is not.

ATF Consumer

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    South Side Indy
    Why do you keep equating homosexuality to paedophilia? All data currently available on the issue points to the fact that most paedophiles are heterosexuals. How many paedophiles that have been arrested also legally owned guns? Would you equate gun owners with them? You do your argument, such as it is, a disservice. Attempting to paint gays with that brush is repugnant and untrue.

So, what if most are heterosexual?...That doesn't remove the "fact" that they were born that way...to desire children, no differently than homosexuals being born that way to desire their same sex.

No, gun owners by nature is not going against our innate design.

If they are legal gun owners, then I bet most are legally licensed to drive too...:rolleyes:

ATF Consumer

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    South Side Indy
    Forced on society how?
    I don't even know where to begin...
    Really? THAT is your argument?
    Gay=2 consenting adults living their lives as they see fit.
    Pedophiles=the brutal assault, manipulation, abuse, degradation of children.
    NOT the same thing. Maybe in your eyes it is. But legally it is not.
    I agree legally, it is not...but, in the perspective of them being born a certain way to desire a particular sex or age group is the same...you have to take the rule of law out of the equation if you want to look at it for what it is.
    What is different, in the perspective of a homosexual being born to desire another homosexual, any different than a pedophile being born to desire young children? You can't just say one is sick or mental and the other is not because of consent. Consent is only the legal aspect of this...we're talking about the actual desire to sway away from the innate design of humans.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    So, what if most are heterosexual?...That doesn't remove the "fact" that they were born that way...to desire children, no differently than homosexuals being born that way to desire their same sex.

No, gun owners by nature is not going against our innate design.

If they are legal gun owners, then I bet most are legally licensed to drive too...:rolleyes:
    Paedophilia is a mental illness. It is up for debate as to whether one is born with a predilection for the disease or not. I'll leave that to the scientists who are currently researching it. Homosexuality is not a mental illness, as science has pretty well proven. Attempting to smear homosexuals as paedophiles is disingenuous. It's a desperate attempt to defend the indefensible and it doesn't work. It's a weak argument.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    I agree legally, it is not...but, in the perspective of them being born a certain way to desire a particular sex or age group is the same...you have to take the rule of law out of the equation if you want to look at it for what it is.
    What is different, in the perspective of a homosexual being born to desire another homosexual, any different than a pedophile being born to desire young children? You can't just say one is sick or mental and the other is not because of consent. Consent is only the legal aspect of this...we're talking about the actual desire to sway away from the innate design of humans.
    Why are heterosexuals not in your list of born desires? Same applies. We are born to desire other heterosexuals. Like Homosexuals desire Homosexuals, and I guess Pedophiles desire children. Your argument is that homosexuality is a deviant conduct like pedophilia. If that is true then this conversation has become moot, the point is lost.
    As for homosexuality being forced on society. Do you mean homosexuals being OPEN about their orientation? Maybe even PROUD of it? Much like people are proud of their heritage. They are allowed to be proud. Get over it and move on.

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    I don't know why I am entering this conversation....but here goes.

I've never really bought the idea that this lifestyle is a choice. Why would someone choose to run the risk of being alienated by their friends, family, church, or other people in their life that may not be accepting. From a logic standpoint, it doesn't make much sense to put so much on the line, especially for those that choose not to come out. Living life with such a secret and multiple personas cannot be easy.

Besides, if they made the choice to be gay, wouldn't straight people have to consciously make the decision to be straight. I never had that moment in my life. I never looked at a man and a woman and asked myself..."Self, which one of these two people do I want to pursue for sex?"

Honestly, I don't even see why this is a societal issue. The only reason I can come up with is the fact that government is even involved in marriage/unions. To get married, you have to pay the state and ask for permission. Seems backwards to me.

ATF Consumer

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    South Side Indy
    Why are heterosexuals not in your list of born desires? Same applies. We are born to desire other heterosexuals. Like Homosexuals desire Homosexuals, and I guess Pedophiles desire children. Your argument is that homosexuality is a deviant conduct like pedophilia. If that is true then this conversation has become moot, the point is lost.
    As for homosexuality being forced on society. Do you mean homosexuals being OPEN about their orientation? Maybe even PROUD of it? Much like people are proud of their heritage. They are allowed to be proud. Get over it and move on.

I already said multiple times that being heterosexual is innate, so yes, we can put that in there too. So, homosexuality is not a normal desire, just as pedophilia is not.
    To say one is a mental illness and the other is not is crazy talk.
    As far as the OP goes...there seems to be a problem where they are taking away the first amendment right of some, only because they speak out against homosexuality...hummm :rolleyes:

I really don't care if they are proud or not, I could care less...they have just as much right to the first amendment as the rest of us do.
    More like the desire to indoctrinate our children that it is a normal healthy lifestyle, when it most certainly is not...no possible way to reproduce in that manner. That certainly is not healthy for society to maintain its existence.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    I already said multiple times that being heterosexual is innate, so yes, we can put that in there too. So, homosexuality is not a normal desire, just as pedophilia is not.
    To say one is a mental illness and the other is not is crazy talk.
    Normal to whom? Who defines "normal"? They are a minority, true. Does majority=normal? I hope not.
    More like the desire to indoctrinate our children that it is a normal healthy lifestyle, when it most certainly is not...no possible way to reproduce in that manner.
    Ah, for the children. Think of the children. It's inevitable, each generation is more tolerant than the last. Our children and children's children will be accepting. You won't be able to stop that. My children have no problem with it. They will grow up better for it.

That certainly is not healthy for society to maintain its existence.
    Wow, that's a scary statement. Sad...so sad.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    As gun owners and constitution followers, we should focus on the one single issue at hand; Government employees striking out the 1st Amendment of some men on the street.

It shouldn't matter who they are or what they say, the danger is in the fact that the Government is silencing people that they disagree with. We need to focus on that and let the rest of this discussion go.

We as gun owners also should recognize that we may have supporters amongst us that practice that lifestyle. No one's mind is going to be changed on the internet about their lifestyle, but an ally of the 2nd Amendment may be shamed off of the site if this is how we conduct ourselves.

Anybody else write the town, mayor, or police dept about their actions in arresting people for holding posters? I had posted email addresses and the letter I sent on page 2 or something.

ATF Consumer

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    South Side Indy
    Normal to whom? Who defines "normal"? They are a minority, true. Does majority=normal? I hope not.
    Normal, as in the ability to reproduce...that's what the sexual parts of our bodies were designed to do.

Ah, for the children. Think of the children. It's inevitable, each generation is more tolerant than the last. Our children and children's children will be accepting. You won't be able to stop that. My children have no problem with it. They will grow up better for it.
    Teaching tolerance is one thing...teaching it as a normal healthy lifestyle is another.

Wow, that's a scary statement. Sad...so sad.
    Look at the birth rates in the US...compared to muslin nations...our numbers are diminishing faster than most other cultures. At the current rate, we will not be able to sustain our existence as a society...that, I agree is sad.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Look at the birth rates in the US...compared to muslin nations...our numbers are diminishing faster than most other cultures. At the current rate, we will not be able to sustain our existence as a society...that, I agree is sad.

It's OK. The Mexicans are replenishing our population. The face of our society, and even the language, may change, but they are coming here for freedom and opportunity. Perhaps they'll do a better job of protecting our Constitution and ideals than we are doing at the moment.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    It's OK. The Mexicans are replenishing our population. The face of our society, and even the language, may change, but they are coming here for freedom and opportunity. Perhaps they'll do a better job of protecting our Constitution and ideals than we are doing at the moment.
    Some folks should get along with the Hispanic community quite well, then. By and large they are culturally adverse to homosexuality, too. "The friend of my friend, etc..."

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Interesting indeed.
    People take their children to these kind of churches?

If only the founding fathers would have wrote specifically "...You have the unalienable right to say lunacy as long as you dont act out all loony toons..."

Oh well. Nutjobs have rights, too.

Top Bottom