• ...and so much more!
  • GetA2J

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Terre Haute,Indiana
    That is, like, your opinion, man...

How about this. I'll do my thing, you do yours.

Personally, I believe that the words you quoted, if the word of God, are filtered through the men that put them on paper. Furthermore, those words have been translated to english from the original language they were written in, and most likely further refined with the evolution of the language over the past several hundred years. Then again, I'm not here to tell you that you are wrong... You are right to believe whatever you want.

If you want to hate, and then tell yourself that God told you to do it, that is fine with me.:patriot: God Bless America! :patriot:

To the point of the OP, I don't like the message this self righteous homophobes are preaching, but that should still be their right... That is just my opinion.

With logic like yours I can understand why so many people (liberals) want to "interpet" the Constitution of the United States of America with some sort of "new" language" or "living document" explanations.
    IF you want the word of GOD then use it as it is written (by GID) IF in fact you do NOT want the word of GOD then make up anything you want. The liberals do it all the time.
    2 Peter 1:21
    For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.
    2 Timothy 3:16
    All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    So much hate... puts a bad taste in my mouth.

Such abuse of power and a clear violation of free speach (IMHO)... yep, that bad taste is still there, getting worse even.

I agree with you here. Its a HUGE infringement upon the First, but the message the "christians" are trying to pervey is horribly hateful.

Last time I checked, Christians were good, honest folks. This anti-gay stuff makes me sick. Go on and on, all of you, about how's gay is wrong in the bible, but this man here (me) thinks its wrong to condemn someone to he-double-hockey-sticks. Only God can do that... We read things in the Bible, but its not OUR judgement, but that of Him above. Its not our right or our privlidge to act as God. Judge others, lest ye be judged?

Gonna look real good on the resume before the Pearlies that you "took the mantle of responsibility to condemn gays". God REALLY loves it when you take his roles...:xmad:

And all of this is from a NON-Christian!:draw:

Crystalship1

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2008
    Oaklandon, IN.
    I agree with you here. Its a HUGE infringement upon the First, but the message the "christians" are trying to pervey is horribly hateful.

Last time I checked, Christians were good, honest folks. This anti-gay stuff makes me sick. Go on and on, all of you, about how's gay is wrong in the bible, but this man here (me) thinks its wrong to condemn someone to he-double-hockey-sticks. Only God can do that... We read things in the Bible, but its not OUR judgement, but that of Him above. Its not our right or our privlidge to act as God. Judge others, lest ye be judged?

Gonna look real good on the resume before the Pearlies that you "took the mantle of responsibility to condemn gays". God REALLY loves it when you take his roles...:xmad:

And all of this is from a NON-Christian!:draw:

Heheheeee..... YEAH..... all six of them who actually practice what they preach!!! :laugh:

Interesting how some types of hate is OK as long as you hide behind a bible!!! :rolleyes:

Repped, BTW!!! :yesway:

bigus_D

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    Country Side
    For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.

All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

Thanks for making my point from the scripture itself.

mettle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    central southern IN
    With logic like yours I can understand why so many people (liberals) want to "interpet" the Constitution of the United States of America with some sort of "new" language" or "living document" explanations.
    IF you want the word of GOD then use it as it is written (by GID) IF in fact you do NOT want the word of GOD then make up anything you want. The liberals do it all the time.
    2 Peter 1:21
    2 Timothy 3:16

Repped.

Bro, you are wasting your time here. Don't get sucked into these threads, b/c the same liberal word twisting, use-their-morality-against-them philosophy is here, that is used by the liberal Marx Fascists, in a (what used to be tradition and conservative) forum.

Just let the sleeping dogs lie. I agree with you, male on male pedar puffing is NOT OK, and :puke:'normal' men should be strong enough to admit it.

GetA2J

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Terre Haute,Indiana
    Thanks for making my point from the scripture itself.

Ummmmmm :dunno: OK.
    I don't think you got it but I digress.
    I DO believe that the scripture is the final authority.
    However I do NOT place myself as judge and jury. That being said, IF somebody asks me what the Bible says about a particular subject I see no reason to sugar coat it. they will get scripture references and NOT my opinions. What they choose to do with that information is between them and their Creator.

henktermaat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    header_exclusive.gif

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1][/SIZE][/FONT]
    For those of us who plan on doing "THE WALK" we need to have on our persons copies of the ordinances. Not that it will matter but it might.

I was just thinking that.... they'll use some ordinance to shut you up if they don't like the message :n00b:

henktermaat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    I see a huge double standard from some folks, even supposed freedom-loving people here.

So what if those people think homosexuality is a sin. That's not "hate." Don't let your emotional knee-jerk response cloud your judgment. Surely I don't need to go into the dictionary definitions.

And even if it was "hate", who cares. Since when can I not "hate" something? Don't tell me YOU love everyone. If you hate even one thing, you're a hypocrite. This PC garbage is making us all pansies. It's like no one is allowed to speak their mind because if someone else disagrees, they're branded a "hater" or have committed some kind of "hate crime."

Freedom. I thought we were all here to defend it, for heaven's sake.

Crystalship1

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2008
    Oaklandon, IN.
    I see a huge double standard from some folks, even supposed freedom-loving people here.

So what if those people think homosexuality is a sin. That's not "hate." Don't let your emotional knee-jerk response cloud your judgment. Surely I don't need to go into the dictionary definitions.

And even if it was "hate", who cares. Since when can I not "hate" something? Don't tell me YOU love everyone. If you hate even one thing, you're a hypocrite. This PC garbage is making us all pansies. It's like no one is allowed to speak their mind because if someone else disagrees, they're branded a "hater" or have committed some kind of "hate crime."

Freedom. I thought we were all here to defend it, for heaven's sake.

Funny... I thought we were here to talk about guns and gun RELATED subjects. But I keep seeing all the scripture quoting and bible thumping. And if the owner of this forum is going to allow you the freedom to do that (and that's fine, BTW) , I'm going to be here to point-out just how full of crap many of these people are. :thumbsup:

Oh.... and... "For Zanthartarian's sake"!!! ;) :D

henktermaat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Funny... I thought we were here to talk about guns and gun RELATED subjects. But I keep seeing all the scripture quoting and bible thumping. And if the owner of this forum is going to allow you the freedom to do that (and that's fine, BTW) , I'm going to be here to point-out just how full of crap many of these people are. :thumbsup:

Oh.... and... "For Zanthartarian's sake"!!! ;) :D

I don't see a lot of "bible thumping" on these forums :dunno: it's 99% about guns and libertarian type topics.

I do see a thread on free speech though :thumbsup:

Which I heartily defend, even if it contains offensive "bible thumping" :crying:

henktermaat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    You best read back through this very thread then. :n00b:

Man, we all KNOW the Bible and related speech offends you. We get it. But 99% of the threads aren't like this one and you know it.

Unfortunately for you, folks have the freedom to offend you with occasional references to the Bible (as far as Fenway allows it). If you don't like that, you also have the freedom to ignore it and only post in gun-related threads.

That's the beauty of freedom :ingo: :yesway:

Crystalship1

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2008
    Oaklandon, IN.
    Man, we all KNOW the Bible and related speech offends you. We get it. But 99% of the threads aren't like this one and you know it.

Unfortunately for you, folks have the freedom to offend you with occasional references to the Bible (as far as Fenway allows it). If you don't like that, you also have the freedom to ignore it and only post in gun-related threads.

That's the beauty of freedom :ingo: :yesway:

Yeah... that's it man. You've got me all figured out. :rolleyes:

I'm going outside to worship the Great Albino Goat now!!! :laugh:

kingnereli

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    New Castle
    We need to be very careful equating "hate" with a conviction of the immorality of peoples actions. Hate the sin, love the sinner. That word is thrown around far too loosely and doing so only shows a dearth of reasonable argument. "You don't like the act of homosexuality? You are so full of hate." "You carry a gun everywhere you go? You must hate and distrust your fellow man." It is silliness and does nothing to aid your point.

I also enjoy the term "Bible thumping." Someone quotes a text explaining their world view, showing the foundation of their argument isn't some dogma or credoism, basing their paradigm on God's judgement rather then their own and it is suddenly "Bible thumping." Again, not really a great argument. As if using the Bible to explain the Christian world view is anything but logical.

Furthermore, in these types of discussions the command to "judge not lest ye be judged" will undoubtably thrown out my those who do not understand its context. Here is the passage with context included.

1 Judge not, that ye be not judged.
    2 For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.
    3 And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?
    4 Or how wilt thou say to thy brother, Let me pull out the mote out of thine eye; and, behold, a beam is in thine own eye?
    5 Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye.
    6 ¶ Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you.

The point is to not be guilty of what you are condemning. If a Christian goes around saying that homosexuality is a sin while he is opening participating in some other form of sexual impurity then the judgement is the same for him. If that same Christian removes the "beam" from his eye he can see more clearly to remove the "mote" from another's eye. Mathew 7 is not telling us not to judge. It is telling us to clean out our back yard before pointing out the garbage in someone else's yard. It is the role of every Christian to expose sin and thereby draw people to God. There is a quote I enjoy from George Whitfield that I will paraphrase now. We have to lead sinners to mount Sinai before we can lead them to mount Zion. People need to know that they are lost before they can ever be saved.

Lastly, demonstrations such as these as well as any comment about the abomination of homosexuality are not condemning people to hell. Neither does God condemn anyone to hell. Our own unbelief condemns us.

John 3: 17-19

17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

19 And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.

I will quote one more Bible passage even for the threat of being branded a "Bible thumper" :rolleyes: that I haven't seen quoted yet that explains the homosexual choice.

Romans 1:18-32

18For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness;

19Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them.

20For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:

21Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.

22Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,

23And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.

24Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves:

25Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.

26For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:

27And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.

28And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;

29Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers,

30Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents,

31Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful:

32Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.

emphasis mine

kingnereli

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    New Castle
    Well, I'll certainly agree with you on this point. It certainly IS a waste of time to try to argue with someone who believes in something that can be neither proven or disproven. To believe so strongly in such a thing, and to condemn people who don't believe the same thing, you must have a lot of nerve to go along with your blinders.

I'm certainly no "liberal," although it might be a surprise to some simple-minded people who think that everyone fits a "conservative" or "liberal" label, and is therefore good or evil. That's the very definition of a simple-minded fool.

All gun owners aren't liberal or conservative soundbites. Some of us actually think for ourselves.

And just to keep the thread on track....I think these busybodies have every right to make complete fools of themselves.....just as I have every right to call them out for the ignorant lemmings that they are. They need to worry about their own sexuality. Some of them don't look like they've gotten any for quite a while. :):

So how would you label somebody who calls childish names like "ignorant lemmings" or "busybodies"?

I'll share something my father taught me. The first to call names loses. <---spelling corrected for 007's sake

If you have to resort to such childishness to make a point then the point must not be able to stand up on its own. You big fat meanie head doofus face.:laugh:

Last edited:
    Top Bottom