CathyInBlue Shootered??? (Also, what's for breakfast??)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    Maybe you guys should start a site like this elsewhere? You could throw up a link to your "anything goes" site anytime you choose?
    A good example of how this sort of thing is done was put together by a moderately popular competition guy who didn't care for language or subject matter restrictions on the forums he frequented:

Doodie Project

:twocents: You can call me thin skinned or but-hurt or what you choose, but I am sensitive to the content of the forums I'm associated with. I don't care for discussion that puts me or my interest in a bad light, especially since that interest is continually under attack from those who would be happy for it to go away.

I'm not trying to upset anyone and nothing was directed at anyone at all. My only point was that other forums have found ways to have a section that people can discuss things as they see fit, without attacking each other. It has worked well for the majority of them and can keep potential conflicts and arguments contained in a specific area. That's all. I sure don't want a free for all in here. Those who look to our sport, hobby, convictions and self-defense approach will find fault with it no matter what is said or not said. Even the few religious threads on here now could be manipulated to do their bidding.

I'm not interested is starting up a different place or bailing on INGO. I like it here and do my best to contribute and not upset people. I'm one of those that consider this a good community more so than a forum.

After going back and looking at the last few posts I'd like to add something. It may have been taken the wrong way. Where I quoted the rules above the portion that's large and in red is not my doing. I didn't emphasize that, it was like that when I copied and pasted from the other place. I don't know if it was taken that way or not. If so, then I'm sorry, it wasn't intended to be.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I'm not trying to upset anyone and nothing was directed at anyone at all. My only point was that other forums have found ways to have a section that people can discuss things as they see fit, without attacking each other. It has worked well for the majority of them and can keep potential conflicts and arguments contained in a specific area. That's all. I sure don't want a free for all in here. Those who look to our sport, hobby, convictions and self-defense approach will find fault with it no matter what is said or not said. Even the few religious threads on here now could be manipulated to do their bidding.

I'm not interested is starting up a different place or bailing on INGO. I like it here and do my best to contribute and not upset people. I'm one of those that consider this a good community more so than a forum.

After going back and looking at the last few posts I'd like to add something. It may have been taken the wrong way. Where I quoted the rules above the portion that's large and in red is not my doing. I didn't emphasize that, it was like that when I copied and pasted from the other place. I don't know if it was taken that way or not. If so, then I'm sorry, it wasn't intended to be.

Oh, I meant nothing personal. I intended my suggestion as a constructive way that similar situations have been handled.

INGO is unique in that it not only points to gun owners, but Indiana gun owners. In a lot of our members cases, such as mine, our usernames are not only our real name but our whole name is sprinkled pretty clearly throughout the forum. The content of this forum reflects on me and all IN gun owners.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2011

Let's continue this out in the street, Rooster! WHO RUNS BARTERTOWNE? (masrerblaster runs bartertown, of course! "eeze not *****, eeze energy!)

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    Let's continue this out in the street, Rooster! WHO RUNS BARTERTOWNE? (masrerblaster runs bartertown, of course! "eeze not *****, eeze energy!)

TO THE PIT!!!!

1300384185m_DISPLAY.jpg

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Guys, you might be thinking about this wrong. Think of INGO more as a high school and the mods as teachers and administrators. Would you create a study hall or classroom based on the structure of the street? No. You would let the real street serve that purpose. Especially since the principal (site owner) might be in some ways legally responsible for what goes on under his administration.

That said, I hope we get CIB and D-Ric back at the end of their wandering in the desert.

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    Guys, you might be thinking about this wrong. Think of INGO more as a high school and the mods as teachers and administrators. Would you create a study hall or classroom based on the structure of the street? No. You would let the real street serve that purpose. Especially since the principal (site owner) might be in some ways legally responsible for what goes on under his administration.

That said, I hope we get CIB and D-Ric back at the end of their wandering in the desert.

Agreed about your sentiments, but I'm pretty sure they were just being facetious.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF
    I used to belong to an expat forum while in China. There were always a few malcontents sent to the woodshed with regularity. They started their own 'anything goes' site. It was a free-for-all, involving maybe six posters, and was all inside humor. And then they started banning people...

After another iteration or two, they pretty much folded.

And came back to the original site...

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    Fried tofu Pad Thai is delicious!!

o.jpg

As for Cathy, I was honestly just starting to not dislike her... Hell, I actually AGREED with her on the trans-gender issues and may have given out some of that coveted "chez-rep". I hope she returns.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2011
    TO THE PIT!!!!

1300384185m_DISPLAY.jpg

Wow Rooster, that looks pretty frightening. I concede.

It's the high school immaturity that is behind this. In high school we took things to the street all the time. A short time in the street can result in a long time of respectfulness in the classroom.

I didn't think of the light it would shine on INGO as a site, i suppose you are right. Embracing chaos at all is accepting chaos. As much as I love chaos, I still recognize that we can't encourage it in public.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Wow Rooster, that looks pretty frightening. I concede.

It's the high school immaturity that is behind this. In high school we took things to the street all the time. A short time in the street can result in a long time of respectfulness in the classroom.

I didn't think of the light it would shine on INGO as a site, i suppose you are right. Embracing chaos at all is accepting chaos. As much as I love chaos, I still recognize that we can't encourage it in public.

I have mistakenly advocated in the past for a much more lenient subforum with far fewer rules and restricted access.

But I've talked myself out of that, having been reminded of how personally people take things. INGO is a community. Hopefully a place to make friends and not enemies. When we have differing views on deeply held beliefs, butts seem more easily chaffed. Butthurtness tends to make less friends and more enemies.

I don't think political correctness needs to be enforced, and I don't think involving religion in our discussions should be off limits. But when we engage in debates over religion, mods will need to take notice and try to head off a disastrous fallout from the conversation.

I don't think the intent of relaxing of rules was to allow non-believers to now make their "unicorn" snarks. Or so that the believers can now proselytize or tell the non-believers how damned they are. Those are generally the way internet wars tend to start.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom