CathyInBlue Shootered??? (Also, what's for breakfast??)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    As the sight closes in on 38,000 "members", I was curious if that counts the shooters also?
    Open any thread from about 5 years ago, and it seems a lot of the posters have the shooter title. It is scary how many have been banned............

BFP

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 14, 2014
    Seymour
    Well, try it.
    Do you really think we as a group relish in banning/infracting active members of long standing.....really.
    You get your hands smacked when you break a rule. There are rules. Break one and you get warned/infracted/banned.
    Most of what we respond to is posts reported by the membership. We do not prowl looking for trouble.

The religious experiment (yes, I said experiment) was opened up with stern warnings as to what would happen if civil lines were crossed.
    Well, they were crossed.
    This was acted on per the original announcement and those who crossed the line were removed for a cool down.

Thicker skin, really. We Moderate this site per the rules set down by the site owner. It is his play ground.

If you had any idea of how much actually goes on you might re-think this statement.

I was sure I knew what this was all about as well. Then, I got to stand on the other side of the curtain. Wow.

As I stated, I moderate a fairly active forum. I try to read every post, sometimes I pull that off, sometimes I don't. I do have some understanding of what goes on behind the curtain.

I don't even remember the thread, I think it was sanitized. However, I made a legit post, and some clown decides to be a smart a$$, since I'm the best smart a$$ I know I had to retort. Then I have people coming out of the woodwork accusing me of try to get to 50 posts. I have no idea what that means nor do I care, do I get a gold star or something when I get to 50 posts? If I have something to add, I'll comment, if I don't I won't.

I don't need to rethink anything. I stand by what I said. I will grant you, this forum does have more posts than the forum I moderate, but there are more mods here than on mine as well.

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    I don't really believe it's the mods so much as we do have some PC whiners, even on a gun forum. You know what they say about squeaky bearings? I'd bet a lot of the hand slapping is the result of someone getting their panties bunched and then *****ing about it long enough and loud enough for someone to hear and finally succumb to their wishes!

You're more right than you know.
    There's at least one regular on here in particular who deliberately posts inflammatory things, then goes running to the "REPORT" button to try and get users banned.
    He's definitely no friend of gun rights, so maybe that's part of it.
    Others reading this have probably already figured who I'm talking about.:whistle:

bradmedic04

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Sep 24, 2013
    NWI
    You're more right than you know.There's at least one regular on here in particular who deliberately posts inflammatory things, then goes running to the "REPORT" button to try and get users banned.He's definitely no friend of gun rights, so maybe that's part of it.Others reading this have probably already figured who I'm talking about.:whistle:
    It's mbills!

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    As I stated, I moderate a fairly active forum. I try to read every post, sometimes I pull that off, sometimes I don't. I do have some understanding of what goes on behind the curtain.

I don't even remember the thread, I think it was sanitized. However, I made a legit post, and some clown decides to be a smart a$$, since I'm the best smart a$$ I know I had to retort. Then I have people coming out of the woodwork accusing me of try to get to 50 posts. I have no idea what that means nor do I care, do I get a gold star or something when I get to 50 posts? If I have something to add, I'll comment, if I don't I won't.

I don't need to rethink anything. I stand by what I said. I will grant you, this forum does have more posts than the forum I moderate, but there are more mods here than on mine as well.

If you would read the rules of the forum all your questions would be answered.
    We have been over ran with flippers and other types that only want to use the classifieds since the scare. The regulars get very tired of the run to 50 so they can jump straight into the WTB/WTS sections which are here as a perk to the members. Hence....50 posts.
    My response to you was based on your assumption we as mods are thin skinned. You do not know as much as you think. Really.

Active......look at the daily posts. If you read every post in you mod position that would not cover one active thread in here.
    If every mod split the load we would never be able to cover this forum.

If your post was like these I can see someone commenting as I am doing now. You seem to know so much when actually you do not. It is obvious from your comments.

I also stand by my comments. Mine are based on fact from this forum.

Now, we can continue this or we can carry on and enjoy the forum. I enjoy it. You seem not to. It is a great place.

BFP

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 14, 2014
    Seymour
    If you would read the rules of the forum all your questions would be answered.
    We have been over ran with flippers and other types that only want to use the classifieds since the scare. The regulars get very tired of the run to 50 so they can jump straight into the WTB/WTS sections which are here as a perk to the members. Hence....50 posts.
    My response to you was based on your assumption we as mods are thin skinned. You do not know as much as you think. Really.

Active......look at the daily posts. If you read every post in you mod position that would not cover one active thread in here.
    If every mod split the load we would never be able to cover this forum.

If your post was like these I can see someone commenting as I am doing now. You seem to know so much when actually you do not. It is obvious from your comments.

I also stand by my comments. Mine are based on fact from this forum.

Now, we can continue this or we can carry on and enjoy the forum. I enjoy it. You seem not to. It is a great place.

Fair enough, we'll agree to disagree and move on. FYI, the 50 posts thing wasn't really a question, more of a comment. I figured it out eventually, guilty until proven innocent I guess.

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    I'm still having mixed feelings about the religion threads. It's a bit of a double edged sword. This isn't a topic I usually venture into with people I don't personally know. I'm glad it can be discussed now. I got tired of hearing about people being murdered and beheaded and as soon as it was mentioned here the thread was locked and we were forbidden to discuss it. It was very frustrating. To be honest, I started looking elsewhere for discussions on the subject. There are other places but the community is not like here. There are people on here that have good sources of news and information and are willing to share that. I don't have the time to search the entire internet every time something happens. I've got several good sites now bookmarked thanks to the members here that share.

When a political faction uses religion as justification to threaten, murder and declare war on our country and people then we should be able to discuss it. Especially in a firearms forum that discusses personal protection and freedom. We shouldn't have to hide from it because someone MIGHT get butthurt over something that COULD be said. Now we are free to talk about it.

There are many downsides to the threads as well. I'm sure there will be other arguments, closed threads, temp and perma bans to come. I'm hoping the religious discussion will stay open but I would like to see it get it's own home like the political section. Even though politics and religion can, and frequently do cross over, they are not the same. Soon the political section will be awash with election and candidate information. It would be nice to not have to wade through tons of religious threads (for those of us who want to stay out of those discussions) just to find what we are looking for. Same goes for the break room. There are very few lighthearted religious threads and many of us go to the break room for some non-serious discussion and fun.

Everyone can have a bad day and post something that bites them in the butt. I've done it myself. I get reminded of it everyday when I look at the CP. Expired infraction for insulting another member. Thread and the member are both gone now without a trace but I remember it clearly and I'm sure many others do. It was the guy who threw his son-in-law out of the family reunion for carrying while lecturing him (in front of the family IIRC) that HE was the protector and was the only one allowed to carry. I called him an ***hole. I was given the infraction later that day and my post was edited. I hold no ill will toward the mod that did so, I was in the wrong for phrasing things the way I did. My fingers and keyboard were faster than my brain that day. Point is, everyone has bad days, everyone has touchy subjects and everyone gets ahead of themselves sometimes. I hate to see good members leave or get banned from the fourm. I hope to see both CIB and D-Ric back when their timeout is over.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    Adults need to behave as adults.
    I've got a couple of infractions that were my fault for not reading or paying attention to the rules.
    I got an infraction that I didn't deserve IMHO over a joke from one of my favorite comedians/rappers. I still think it's funny but being in these modern times and social sensitivity I got smacked a bit.
    I have avoided the religious threads like the clap or an ex wife since I am my own best censor.
    I'm sure one of these days someone will trip my trigger and I'll show my immaturity and short fuse. Until then....I'll just make fun of those that couldn't restrain themselves. Oh, I will miss their presence until they return.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    You should see some of the ban worthy posts that I have crafted before I came to my senses and hit the cancel button.

Gunner72

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 19, 2014
    NE Indiana
    You should see some of the ban worthy posts that I have crafted before I came to my senses and hit the cancel button.
    Yeah I hear that one.
    I got a infraction yesterday. It was my fault and I have to learn to write more "I guess". Not a man of many words so it's a little difficult for me to come up with very many.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom