• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Just out of curiosity, why does a person try to kill somebody, and then perform CPR before EMS arrives?
    Maybe a peace officer arrived on the scene and tried to protect life. It doesn't say it was the same individual doing the beating and then CPR.

Or, it could be somebody's CYA maneuver when they realized that they just created a national news story of police brutality. The story gets a lot bigger when the pulse stops.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

Doubtful, but possible. The only thing that's clear to me about this story, is that the officers are very poorly trained. There's no way I can justify 8 or 9 guys being needed to subdue a person. And if it was only 3 guys actually attempting to control the man, the others should have been making sure that things didnt get carried away.
    I'll wait until I see vids before passing judgement, but doesn't appear that this will end well.
    If the three officers did beat this guy to death with malicious intent, murder applies, and they should be tried as such. The other officers that did nothing, should be reviewed through the department internally, and if seasoned officers, let go.

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    I did answer it

It's true, you did. Your answer is that if a cop recorded his fellow cop getting beat to death by a bunch of guys, who then confiscated the video, you would not comment in a thread discussing the event or criticizing his attackers until both sides of the story were presented in court.

Right?

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Other than the fact that you and others on this website would love to see officers beat to death (which we already know), it's s stupid question. We all want to see both sides of the situation, it's the basis of our judicial system.:rolleyes:

I believe you are overlooking the fact that there is no one size fits all answer here. I have lived in a community with police who were thoroughly excellent and have much admiration for them. I have also lived in at least one community in which most all of the local police, at minimum, needed to be in prison, and have no patience whatsoever for trash in uniform of that nature. I would anticipate that my skepticism regarding law enforcement should stand in evidence of how the majority of my experiences have been. Given that my most serious issues with the law have been traffic tickets, I can only imagine what life can be like for people considered less than upstanding regardless of whether or not they were doing anything at the time of an incident to merit specific attention. In any event, there are some situations (like this one) that leave a person with no realistic potential of finding a resolution based on the actions involved being excusable. I will sympathize with the police in that this situation is very much parallel with us having to deal with Adam Lanza or Jared Loughner being held up as 'gun owners'. At the same time, we must remember that police are in a profession in which they are called to be the defenders and examples of the standard, not violators, and absolutely not protected from consequences as they violate.

buckwacker

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2012
    Other than the fact that you and others on this website would love to see officers beat to death (which we already know), it's s stupid question. We all want to see both sides of the situation, it's the basis of our judicial system.:rolleyes:

This comment demonstrates your utter lack of objectivity. You do not know me. My preceding post was my first in this thread. Yet from a simple question about how feelings would change were the roles reversed, you brand me as a LEO hater who would love to see them beat to death. You still didnt answer the question that I initially posed for reasons I can only assume. Your lack of objectivity significantly dimishes your credibility with respect to this topic.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Doubtful, but possible. The only thing that's clear to me about this story, is that the officers are very poorly trained. There's no way I can justify 8 or 9 guys being needed to subdue a person. And if it was only 3 guys actually attempting to control the man, the others should have been making sure that things didnt get carried away.
    I'll wait until I see vids before passing judgement, but doesn't appear that this will end well.
    If the three officers did beat this guy to death with malicious intent, murder applies, and they should be tried as such. The other officers that did nothing, should be reviewed through the department internally, and if seasoned officers, let go.

That sounds fair enough!

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County

See, now here is an excellent response from what appears to be an excellent officer.

HotD

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 22, 2013
    N/A
    Well, considering it's California and the chances of them being armed are nil, jumping in and pulling off the murderers would have been their only recourse. If it had happened in a state where armed people are relatively common.....well, that's up to the individual who would be there. You might take an ass beating from the rogue murderers, but it might result in saving a life. We'll never know in this case. The videos have already been seized and have likely been deleted by the criminals who perpetrated this murder. That seems to be SOP these days.

I carry a firearm because I am just way too old and way too out of shape to be effective in stopping anybody with my bare hands. Cops with pepper spray, batons, tazers, and firearms (did I miss anything?)......just seems like too much of a one sided fight to me.

I would have stuck around and been a good eyewitness for the criminal, and subsequent civil proceedings in this matter. I would have also disappeared with my recording device before they got around to coming to talk with me.

beararms1776

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    INGO
    Tragic story man. Did a citizen call this in?
    He must have been a threat to someone while laying there unarmed and passed out drunk.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Tragic story man. Did a citizen call this in?
    He must have been a threat to someone while laying there unarmed and passed out drunk.

Absolutely! We can't be having drunks holding the sidewalk down infringing on its right to get up and run away!

nothing4u

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2013
    Behind Enemy Lines
    I'll reserve my judgment till I see the videos. Until then I'll still keep my several 2.5 hour drive during the summer through Bakersfield for crappie fishing at Lake Isabella to gas stops only.

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    I probably should not do this, but I couldn't resist:
    cop20donuts20--_zps91aed8e5.jpg

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    Not saying it didn't happen, the story is just completely one sided and a couple of the witnesses are, um..suspect.:dunno:
    So suspect the story, but don't call it outright BS unless you have evidence to prove otherwise.

The OP's post is based upon what is provided in the story, your view of the situation is based upon absolutely nothing. I'm not saying the story is accurate, but it's certainly more accurate than your absolute lack of information on the issue.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    So suspect the story, but don't call it outright BS unless you have evidence to prove otherwise.

The OP's post is based upon what is provided in the story, your view of the situation is based upon absolutely nothing. I'm not saying the story is accurate, but it's certainly more accurate than your absolute lack of information on the issue.

I guess you didn't see his new title?

Top Bottom