• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Ummm... a HOST of possibilities. I'm going to let you in on a little secret... people lie and groups of people together typically do this for sensationalism. This is especially true for people interacting with police officers. It's not uncommon for an officer to be sued or taken to court over a BS story of some sort of abuse. They teach at the academy that you might as well prepare for it, b/c if you're doing your job, someone will try to trash you. If it comes out and they did it, they'll be charged. Until then, this thread is a waste.

Ummm...fill us in on some of these possibilities. And it's no secret that police lie and police in groups have lied that's not up for debate. And what do you mean if it comes out they did it? You mean accidentally or purposefully? Do you think someone else beat him and the cops just came onto the scene? This sounds like a case of cops with batons gone wild. Its okay, it happened in CA and you are in IN it doesn't reflect badly on you so you don't have to defend it. We know there are BS stories out there, an MSP buddy of mine has his own youtube video about choking an "innocent man" according to the title, turns out he wasn't so innocent in the end though. I've known that guy for over 13 years and was a DS on active duty with him and he's one of the most above board guys you'll meet, he's big but quiet and respectful, so I know it does happen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7keDYxOAMn4

wally05

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    So cops never lie? They never themselves commit crimes? I've got a great idea for a new 'vampire' test of sorts. LEO apologists seems to have a great amount of difficulty admitting that cops sometimes are criminals themselves. Not 'all' by any means but definitely 'some'.

Wally05: could the LEO's in this story possibly be on the wrong side of the law? Not asking if they are, just asking if it is a possibility?

Of course they could. There are bad cops out there. No cop on here has any issue with holding fellow officers responsible for criminal offenses. BUT, there is a reason that the standard for reasonable force is measure by what a reasonable POLICE OFFICER would do and not an untrained person would do when the courts look at it. Because normal joes have no idea what it takes to subdue someone or get someone into custody.

If this was a headstomping party, then file criminal charges on them and take away their badges. Send them to prison because we definitely don't want them doing the job. And yes, cops lie, who was debating that? But, I want to see what the officers' side of the story was on it first. Unlike some people on here, officers and those in similar positions can take their own emotions out of the situation and try to see it by both points of view. MANY members on here can't seem to grasp that notion.

Spazzmodicus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 5, 2011
    Jeffersonville, IN
    Unlike some people on here, officers and those in similar positions can take their own emotions out of the situation and try to see it by both points of view. MANY members on here can't seem to grasp that notion.

Well, I am forced to conclude that at this point that you are the lesser infected of "the infected". But the infection remains because, who in their right mind would say "I want to try to see it by both points of view" concerning 8 officers beating a drunk to death?

And the "many members" you mention above also happen to be on the LEO side of the issue as well.

Edit: More evidence of infection and bias is that rather than supplying anything factual and reasonable, you called the thread "a waste". It's only the life of one more perp. Right?

Last edited:

HenryWallace

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    Thread derailed by playgroung tactics.

This is what is happening in real life everyday. Something serious as a father of 4 killed in the streets by police using obvious excessive force, and we're on the sidelines spectating, splitting hairs and arguing with eachother about not understanding the whole story... which was confiscated by police, in the first place.

Take it for what it is, children having to be told that the police killed their father... For whatever reason you want to believe....

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    A question for those supporting the police involved in this incident:

Can you describe any circumstances under which it is justifiable to beat an unarmed drunk to death presumably passing through the phases of becoming noncombative, pleading for mercy, unresponsive, and then dead?

TheReaper

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2012
    Southeastern IN
    A question for those supporting the police involved in this incident:

Can you describe any circumstances under which it is justifiable to beat an unarmed drunk to death presumably passing through the phases of becoming noncombative, pleading for mercy, unresponsive, and then dead?

I don't really think anyone here is "suppoorting" the officers. It looks bad, no doubt about it and as I said previously, if they (the officers) acted outside the scope of their duties, then hammer them, but why not wait until ALL of the facts and videos are released?

HotD

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 22, 2013
    N/A
    I'm more than saddened that all those people stood by and watched/recorded those thugs beat a man to death. Apparently, we've become complacent enough that we let this crap slide.

8 armed cops are beating a man to death, and you're critical of the unarmed people stood by and watched and recorded? Really?

What would you recommend they do?

Sgtusmc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    indiana
    Not too smart. If you're gonna go around with vigilante justice and remove the dregs from society then you should at least get out of uniform.

When people are beat with batons, they usually try to protect themselves from further beating. Unfortunately, this equates to resisting arrest.

http://youtu.be/uKYMn-hIRVg
    And if you're a witness saying its not right, You're going down too for disrupting an investigation.

Best things to do:
    Look the other way
    Cover your ears
    Stay inside
    Submit at all cost
    Never question authority

Last edited:

Stickfight

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2010
    Dountoun ND

Yes: When the police say it is justifiable.

That is the essence of both this thread and the other active one and every other police vs. non-police thread. You have one camp claiming they have to employ tactics that sometime kill people by accident while trying to enforce the law, as if the only choice is to accept the former to get the latter.

Refuse to accept the former? You want terrorists and criminals to roam free and little kids to die stuffed inside car trunks.

Stickfight

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2010
    Dountoun ND
    I don't really think anyone here is "suppoorting" the officers. It looks bad, no doubt about it and as I said previously, if they (the officers) acted outside the scope of their duties, then hammer them, but why not wait until ALL of the facts and videos are released?

The police are the ones preventing the videos from being released.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    8 armed cops are beating a man to death, and you're critical of the unarmed people stood by and watched and recorded? Really?

What would you recommend they do?
    Well, considering it's California and the chances of them being armed are nil, jumping in and pulling off the murderers would have been their only recourse. If it had happened in a state where armed people are relatively common.....well, that's up to the individual who would be there. You might take an ass beating from the rogue murderers, but it might result in saving a life. We'll never know in this case. The videos have already been seized and have likely been deleted by the criminals who perpetrated this murder. That seems to be SOP these days.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Without public outrage and support, ALL of the facts will not be released.

Top Bottom