• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    Which new title is that? Am I missing something or is the line under his name not his title?
    2013-05-14_15-38-16.png

No, that's his new title. "Shooter" = "Banned."

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Witness: "He was like a piece of meat"

Fatal Encounter With Police Is Caught on Video, but Kept From the Public
    A half-dozen Kern County sheriff’s deputies were across the street beating a man with clubs and kicking him, she said. So she whipped out her mobile phone and began to video the episode, announcing to the officers what she was doing.

For about eight minutes, Ms. Melendez said, the man screamed and cried for help. Then he went silent, she said, making only choking sounds.

Finally, having hogtied him, a number of witnesses said, two officers picked up the man and dropped him, twice. One deputy nudged the man with his foot. When he did not respond, they began CPR.

“He was like a piece of meat,” said Ms. Melendez, 53, who was visiting her son at the hospital after he was injured in a car accident. “We were telling them: ‘He’s dead. You guys already killed him.’ ”

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Where's the video?

Sheriff requests FBI inquiry into in-custody death - BakersfieldCalifornian.com
    “Yesterday afternoon I was briefed by my staff that the two cell phones had been taken to the Bakersfield Police Department, and during the analysis, one cell phone had no video,” Youngblood said Tuesday at a press conference. “The second cell phone had a video.

“It immediately concerned me,” he said. “I met with my staff yesterday afternoon and I made a determination to do something that’s unprecedented. I called the FBI and I asked the FBI, number one, to take the phones and see ... what’s on the phones, and number two, could something have been removed from these phones, and if so, can we show that something was removed.”
    g30e2200000000000005f3af91df5ff683c06e6a74bd9a5a884d3e08ef2.jpg

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    From 2,000 miles away the Sheriff seems like an alright guy. At least while the national spotlight is on his head. I have to wonder how much of this corruption has been allowed to fester under his watch though.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    I am disturbed reading this. They need to release the body.

source

“He fell back and then the other officer got out and swung toward his head,” she said. “Mr. Silva was reaching for his head and the officers said ‘stop moving’ and ‘stop resisting.’ He wasn’t resisting.… He rolled on his back and they kept hitting.”

More deputies and two California Highway Patrol officers arrived at the location. Vasquez said the deputies hogtied Silva, lifted him off the ground and dropped him twice, and delivered more baton blows and kicks to his head and body until he went limp.

“He was screaming for help. He was laying on his chest. The cops were still on top of him, still hitting him. My family and I screamed at them to stop hitting him.… The blood was all over Mr. Silva's face. We couldn’t even tell if he had eyes or a mouth.”

Vasquez said her girlfriend yelled, “ ‘Somebody call the cops,’ and everybody looked at her and said, ‘They ARE the cops.’ ”

Classic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    Madison County
    Imagine that - the video just disappeared into the ether!

This is enough evidence to hang all of the involved for evidence tampering at the very least. What BS.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Looks like the FBI is involved now and, strangely enough, video from 2 of the stolen phones has mysteriously disappeared. Who could have seen that coming?

FBI enters deputy beating case amid questions about videos - latimes.com

You're absolutely right--no surprise whatsoever. And they wonder why some of us don't trust police.

Seriously, destruction of evidence should carry a mandatory penalty of, at minimum, immediate termination of everyone who can be proven to have been involved starting at the unjustified confiscation, and preferable some significant time in prison.

lucky4034

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    I'm questioning whether or not major phone carriers keep records backed up....

I remember seeing a story on the news one night of a young man who had some very precious moments recorded on his phone of his little girl before she died. His phone was stolen or broken and he contacted his phone company and after a lot of work they found the videos backed up to one of his accounts and he was able to get the videos back.

(scary **** when you think about it... but with any luck, if the police removed the videos maybe the FBI with permission from the phones owners could track down the evidence? My guess is its very possible)

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Maybe if he hadn't resisted then they wouldn't have Rodney Kinged his ass.

Quit screaming about criminal's rights. It's an oxymoron.
    They have the right to remain silent.
    Most dirtbags choose to get beatdown. :bat:

BTW - The Rodney King beating was completely justified. The LA riots, were not.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    If he didn't resist, he might have had that chance to meet the judge.
    Instead he chose to meet his maker. (or his maker's outcast)

:noway: He chose poorly. :noway:

If the cops and/or anyone else acted inappropriately, they should be held accountable. We may never know.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Maybe if he hadn't resisted then they wouldn't have Rodney Kinged his ass.

Quit screaming about criminal's rights. It's an oxymoron.
    They have the right to remain silent.
    Most dirtbags choose to get beatdown. :bat:

BTW - The Rodney King beating was completely justified. The LA riots, were not.

Please tell me that you are joking suggesting that summary execution on the street is acceptable, especially in circumstances like this in which the person on the receiving end was beaten not only past the point of resisting, but past the point of being unresponsive, and past that until dead.

Hotdoger

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Boone County, In.
    Please tell me that you are joking suggesting that summary execution on the street is acceptable, especially in circumstances like this in which the person on the receiving end was beaten not only past the point of resisting, but past the point of being unresponsive, and past that until dead.

It was not a " summary execution".

Top Bottom