• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    Nope , seems you've missed a few posts .

You made the comparison.

If you show too much skin, you raise the odds of getting raped.

If you are drunk in public, you raise the odds of getting beat to death by cops.

Neither act justifies the resulting act. So how are the homicidal cops any better than the rapist?

Stickfight

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2010
    Dountoun ND
    I mean in no uncertain terms that we designed them to come out on the winning end of an encounter and I will not immediately fault them for doing what they thought was right at the time

They designed Wal-Marts to separate you from your money. Would it be easier for Wal-Mart to knock you in the head and take your wallet, leaving you to wake up beside a bag full of poorly made clothing and low quality produce of their choosing? Of course it would.

As upright walking humans willingly engaged in a social contract do we want to live in a world like that? No.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Not if you don't stick your neck out and make yourself a target .

If you keep your neck , your behind and whatever stupidity you're involved in at your house , you wont have this problem . :dunno:

Play stupid games , win stupid prizes .

Stand on the tracks long enough and you'll meet a train .

Did you learn civics in a school run by the secret police in some third-world s**thole? Your neck is already in the noose I mentioned unless you have some special exemption from the law. Maybe you do. I can't fathom anyone not under a different set of rules (like feds, for example) making the arguments you are making. Living withing the law and free from unpleasant police encounters should not require a deliberate effort as is now the case. We should not have to give particular effort to planning our day in such a way as to be police-proof.

Let's see...

You believe that the victim is a fault for being passed out drunk (ok, guily of a misdemeanor public intoxication, which shouldn't be illegal so long as he isn't harming anyone else), waking up in form that it to be expected, and then being beaten to death.

You believe that a female dressed, well, not appropriately for church deserves to be raped. Oh, and by the way, informants are often (usually) dirtier than the people they are feeding to the police in their Faustian pact that allows them to continue as they were (i.e, being criminals).

You believe that the monkey is on the back of the citizen to avoid doing anything to draw attention from the police whether they have any business administering such attention or not (i.e., we have a duty to cower in the shadows as if unarmed before a wild predator).

Now, I will give you credit for advocating measures to keep out of harm's way rather than arguing that a beatdown/killing like this is justified per se (although it often sounds like you do believe it justified), but I could make the same argument about locking my doors. Leaving the doors unlocked can reasonably be argued an unwise choice. That doesn't change the fact that violating my home is equally wrong regardless of whether the door is left standing open, or if it is locked with multiple locks and there are bars over the windows. It is not acceptable to argue that the absence of locks and/or bars justifies a home invasion, therefore the invaders are not guilty of wrongdoing. Likewise, just because a person could have and in this case should have exercised better judgment for a number of reasons, the outcome is not justified.

You said:

" Rogue " , really ? Have you ever worked in EMS ?
    Do you realize the kind of dregs these folks encounter every day ?

Do you have any clue how many of these folks they know by name ? Any clue why that is ?

Cause the same tards keep screwing up and eff society up for the rest of us . If the population wasn't so screwed up the cops wouldn't need to be so hard core .

Good order and discipline will be maintained one way or another .

I will grant you that this can make a day's work frustrating. That does not justify extrajudicial efforts to cleanse the gene pool. I would also add that a number of the most reprehensible regimes in history refined that last sentence of yours to an art, a science, and a principle by which to live. Most totalitarian states had remarkably low crime rates. I somehow don't find myself enthusiastic about trying it, even though it appears we are well on the way there.

My question: Do you really believe what you are saying and by extension are you such a true enemy of liberty and the free republic as you are presenting yourself to be, or are you being argumentative for the fun of agitating?

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    If we're gonna talk about taking personal responsibilities for our actions (I'm all for that) then why should the police officers be exempt from that same responsibility?

Pretty one sided if you're gonna say the deceased should be responsible for the outcome of his demise in this particular encounter but the police get a free pass when crossing the line of self control and taking it to that extreme.

(How dare he make the po-po go all hardcore and turn into rabid killers and also make them try to dispose of evidence and intimidate witnesses! :xmad:)

Last edited:

RFox

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2011
    West side Indy
    Ummm... a HOST of possibilities. I'm going to let you in on a little secret... people lie and groups of people together typically do this for sensationalism. This is especially true for people interacting with police officers. It's not uncommon for an officer to be sued or taken to court over a BS story of some sort of abuse. They teach at the academy that you might as well prepare for it, b/c if you're doing your job, someone will try to trash you. If it comes out and they did it, they'll be charged. Until then, this thread is a waste.

traditionally in a case like this the "group" lying would be who? lets start with a motive to lie.

Top Bottom