• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Spazzmodicus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 5, 2011
    Jeffersonville, IN
    I don't really think anyone here is "suppoorting" the officers. It looks bad, no doubt about it and as I said previously, if they (the officers) acted outside the scope of their duties, then hammer them, but why not wait until ALL of the facts and videos are released?

Because, unless the suspect is carrying a nuclear bomb in his pocket, or threatening to break a vial of SARS virus in the local water supply, not much else can justify the absolutely undisputed fact that 8 officers beat a man to death. What more could possibly be added to this account to make most reasonable people say "...glad the guy is dead, he deserved it"?

TheReaper

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2012
    Southeastern IN
    Because, unless the suspect is carrying a nuclear bomb in his pocket, or threatening to break a vial of SARS virus in the local water supply, not much else can justify the absolutely undisputed fact that 8 officers beat a man to death. What more could possibly be added to this account to make most reasonable people say "...glad the guy is dead, he deserved it"?

8 officers didn't beat him, 3 were involved (not that it sounds any better) and I don't remember seeing anyone say that he deserved it.

Spazzmodicus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 5, 2011
    Jeffersonville, IN
    Thread derailed by playgroung tactics.

This is what is happening in real life everyday. Something serious as a father of 4 killed in the streets by police using obvious excessive force, and we're on the sidelines spectating, splitting hairs and arguing with eachother about not understanding the whole story... which was confiscated by police, in the first place.

Take it for what it is, children having to be told that the police killed their father... For whatever reason you want to believe....

Um, yeah. That's what people generally do in talk forums. Some people aren't quite sure how they feel about issues or exactly what they think of a matter until they converse with others. Nothing wrong or unusual about that.

It strikes me as stuffy and arrogant that you would call that "playgroung tactics".
    Nice attempt at sounding genuinely concerned.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Um, yeah. That's what people generally do in talk forums. Some people aren't quite sure how they feel about issues or exactly what they think of a matter until they converse with others. Nothing wrong or unusual about that.

It strikes me as stuffy and arrogant that you would call that "playgroung tactics".
    Nice attempt at sounding genuinely concerned.
    Actually, it's just a case of feeding our resident troll.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    8 officers didn't beat him, 3 were involved (not that it sounds any better) and I don't remember seeing anyone say that he deserved it.

Often it is by implication. Some of us see something that in not justifiable under any circumstances. When the usual litany of excuses comes forth--'there must be more to the story', 'the man and/or witnesses are FELONS', 'there is no evidence (perhaps other than witnesses of questionable credibility)', we need to wait for all of the evidence (including that likely never to see the light of day), or the usual deflection that it is just cop hate--we tend to see someone making excuses for the inexcusable. For example, under no circumstance that I can imagine is it justifiable or even excusable to beat to death a man who was presumably unresponsive some time before he expired.

Excuses which impinge on the integrity of the decedent appear to carry a very strong implication that it was deserved. In some cases, it may not be much of a loss, but even the most reprehensible are entitled to due process, with the additional caveat that if it can be done to someone else, it can be done to any of us, which generally is the strongest motivation to those who are critical of police/government excess.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Not too smart. If you're gonna go around with vigilante justice and remove the dregs from society then you should at least get out of uniform.

When people are beat with batons, they usually try to protect themselves from further beating. Unfortunately, this equates to resisting arrest.

http://youtu.be/uKYMn-hIRVg
    And if you're a witness saying its not right, You're going down too for disrupting an investigation.

Best things to do:
    Look the other way
    Cover your ears
    Stay inside
    Submit at all cost
    Never question authority

Wow, 12 police cars for a loudmouth on the sidewalk, must have been a real slow day wherever that was. Is it illegal to yell things on the sidewalk at police?

Stickfight

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2010
    Dountoun ND
    For example, under no circumstance that I can imagine is it justifiable or even excusable to beat to death a man who was presumably unresponsive some time before he expired.

You can't imagine how it could be justified, but the police can very likely do so, especially if they can keep bystander videos off the news. If their imaginations weren't capable we'd have half as many pages in the thread as we do.

Spazzmodicus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 5, 2011
    Jeffersonville, IN

Bro....please. You're only demonstrating here that your cognitive functions aren't quite "up to speed". You keep saying "we need all the evidence". I agree totally. But the known facts of the story at this time does not prevent a quick assessment resulting in a "citizens' judgement" that excessive force was used.

After all the facts are known, nothing led to dispute, do you think there can be any reason why it would be ok for even 3 officer to beat an unarmed man to death, and then attempt to collect any and all evidence of the incident? The answer is "no". No amount of evidence will justify what was done it his particular incident. I could be wrong but we're not dealing with a high number of 'unknowns' at this point.

TheReaper

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2012
    Southeastern IN
    Bro....please. You're only demonstrating here that your cognitive functions aren't quite "up to speed". You keep saying "we need all the evidence". I agree totally. But the known facts of the story at this time does not prevent a quick assessment resulting in a "citizens' judgement" that excessive force was used.

After all the facts are known, nothing led to dispute, do you think there can be any reason why it would be ok for even 3 officer to beat an unarmed man to death, and then attempt to collect any and all evidence of the incident? The answer is "no". No amount of evidence will justify what was done it his particular incident. I could be wrong but we're not dealing with a high number of 'unknowns' at this point.

What part of my post said that it was OK? I just merely pointed out that there were only 3 officers involved in the actual physical beating instead of the 8 as many people have stated. Boy, all you "to hell and back" police haters like to put words in peoples mouths.

Spazzmodicus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 5, 2011
    Jeffersonville, IN
    ......... Boy, all you "to hell and back" police haters like to put words in peoples mouths.

Hahaha!!! And all you LEO Apologists do the exact same thing, as you demonstrate a lower level of ethics and mental aptitude. I asked you a question earlier: "What more could possibly be added to this account to make most reasonable people say "...glad the guy is dead, he deserved it"

Your reply: "....I don't remember seeing anyone say that he deserved it."

TheReaper

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2012
    Southeastern IN
    Hahaha!!! And all you LEO Apologists do the exact same thing, as you demonstrate a lower level of ethics and mental aptitude. I asked you a question earlier: "What more could possibly be added to this account to make most reasonable people say "...glad the guy is dead, he deserved it"

Your reply: "....I don't remember seeing anyone say that he deserved it."

Which is true, nobody deserves that and I never said that he did. Where did me having no ethics and low mental aptitude come into this? Because I don't think we should have one sided trials?

Sgtusmc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    indiana
    Wow, 12 police cars for a loudmouth on the sidewalk, must have been a real slow day wherever that was. Is it illegal to yell things on the sidewalk at police?

Notice how the officer that was dealing with the guy on the sidewalk creates exigent circumstances for all the other officers that show up on scene. He hears the others arriving, gets back in his car, and just as they arrive he jumps out of the car to commence his chase. The other officers see this and think grounds for hot pursuit have been met.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    How many dead bodies would constitute the witnesses being credible?

You just found the catch 22. If there are too few to meet the threshold number, it is dismissed as rumor, or a fluke/accident/justifiable event if it is acknowledged at all. If there are a number equal or exceeding the threshold, that can't possibly be true. This is America. That can't happen here.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Just out of curiosity, why does a person try to kill somebody, and then perform CPR before EMS arrives?

buckwacker

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2012
    If eight citizens beat a LEO to death, would all of you wanting all the facts before deciding guilt or innocence on the part of LEOs involved have the same opinion? If not, then why?

TheReaper

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2012
    Southeastern IN
    If eight citizens beat a LEO to death, would all of you wanting all the facts before deciding guilt or innocence on the part of LEOs involved have the same opinion? If not, then why?

LOL, there would be MANY on this website that would love to see this happen. I'm sure most here would buy the killer lunch and contribute to the legal fund.

Top Bottom