• Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Before casting a stone, you must ask this question....

Do you like bacon?

Answer wisely young padawan, we take our bacon seriously.:draw:

Personally "Thick, cut, firm but not crisp, especially rubbed with cracked pepper" is my answer. And no less than 1/4lb per sitting. :laugh::laugh:

Oh, and even though it wasnt asked, I prefer my beer stout, and if I cant choose between bourbon and beer I drink Kentucky Bourbon Barrel Ale. Best of both worlds!:rockwoot:

I get bonus points... I have my children (almost 4 and 7) trained well. I'll fry up a slab of bacon and the kids will often make laps through the kitchen as they play gobbling it up almost as fast as I can cook it. its not uncommon for [STRIKE]them[/STRIKE] us to devour all but 3 or 4 rashers.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    @Kawtech...you might want to think about editing your post and remove those comments about your relative.

Even though I have no power, I would second that. Even if its simply for professionalism. Your restaurants are no longer connected due to family disagreements is all anyone needs to know. (And it wouldnt be the first time a thread has been printed out and presented in court if the statement were to be found by the other half of your clan)

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Even though I have no power, I would second that. Even if its simply for professionalism. Your restaurants are no longer connected due to family disagreements is all anyone needs to know. (And it wouldnt be the first time a thread has been printed out and presented in court if the statement were to be found by the other half of your clan)

I agree.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville

Done and done

Momentary laps of judgement on my part and I apologise.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Done and done

Momentary laps of judgement on my part and I apologise.

No worries. And I was dead serious about the printing and presenting. A seasoned member here went to court over a firearms incident and the prosecutor actually read some of his comments here for the record. Kinda scary, and kinda makes you think about how connected the local prosecutors are about this place... its not as obscure as you might think.

Anyway your idea of a OC/CC meet and greet and eat sounds like fun! I'm in!

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    Went to the Indy location for Xmas party last year. The steak was good, but the lobster tail was terrible could not even eat it.

Lobster is tricky to cook. I don't know but a handfull of people who can cook it right. My dad is one, My brother is another, our other chef is good too. I can prep a lobster better than anyone I know but cooking it I leave to them. Come try one of ours and see for yourself. We have 2 sizes to choose from. A modest 10-12oz or a huge 20+ ounce tail.

I'm *guessing* both Indy and Martinsville used the same stuff until they went Hatfield vs McCoy on one another.

That said, I got the prime rib once. Won't make that mistake again as there is only one place I will ever order prime rib from again. These high dollar steak houses (not that Bynum's is high dollar compared to the high end), but none of them can get it right.

My Father crafted the first menu for both restaurants in 1983. We did for a few years serve identical dishes. We still have a copy of the original menu on display in the waiting room. A few dishes we no longer serve: Lobster Newburg, and Fettuccine Alfredo. Both were handmade by my dad to order. He still cooks up some handmade fettuccine for family dinners sometimes.

I am sorry you were dissapointed with the Prime rib. Normally that is one of the dishes everyone raves about and we pride ourselves on. We slow cook it for 5 hours and baste it in its own juice. What did you not like about it?

Last edited:

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    You made it right, no worries.

Hell, I get blamed for everything else why not this........:D

See ya soon. I hear the filet is great.

You'll have to give me a shout when you come down again. Glad to hear your wife is doing better!

Also, I got that Honda CB1100F put back together finally. :rockwoot:

ddavidson

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 31, 2012
    Clermont, IN
    Ive never been there, but I think I saw one of the dads post in the fathers day presents thread that he went with the family. There was nothing bad said that I recall. So it must be OK.

That might've been me posting. We were there on Saturday night. I had the 24oz Ribeye. It was good I guess. It was definitely under seasoned but it was closer than all of those places that practically put a rub on their steaks. I can't remember what my sides were if that tells you anything. The salad and the bread were really good though. As someone mentioned, the service was a little slow but the server was great.

I probably won't go back. I think that I would be happier paying a little more at one of the places downtown Indy to be honest.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    That might've been me posting. We were there on Saturday night. I had the 24oz Ribeye. It was good I guess. It was definitely under seasoned but it was closer than all of those places that practically put a rub on their steaks. I can't remember what my sides were if that tells you anything. The salad and the bread were really good though. As someone mentioned, the service was a little slow but the server was great.

I probably won't go back. I think that I would be happier paying a little more at one of the places downtown Indy to be honest.

Thanks for your input. The salad is fresh cut everyday before we open and hand blended. Not prebagged. The bread is baked specially for us by a bakery out of bloomington daily. The only side we serve with the steak is a baked potato. Like I said we try to keep it simple. Though we have been playing with asparagus and broccoli. But haven't been able to find a fresh product that is up to our standards through our distributors. And we will not use frozen produce. It just never tastes right. We usually do not try to cover the steak in seasonings because we start out with the best cut of meat we can buy. We like to let the natural flavor of the steak come through. If you would like more seasoning you are more than welcome to order it with extra seasoning free of charge. I hope you will come back and let us give it another try.

Last edited:

Hammer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    On the lake
    Been to Bynums several times, always been good service and good food.

Lil salt, lil pepper singe the hair off of it and throw it on a plate and I'm GTG.

Arm America

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2009
    West of Greenwood
    Bynum's is my favorite steakhouse. The ribeye with a side of mushrooms can't be beat! Interesting collection of different, unique items scattered thru out for decoration. Known John since High School.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    Bynum's is my favorite steakhouse. The ribeye with a side of mushrooms can't be beat! Interesting collection of different, unique items scattered thru out for decoration. Known John since High School.

Oh yeah I forgot about the mushrooms. I really don't like mushrooms personally but that is another item we make from scratch everyday before we open. I've only made a few hundred or thousand pounds of them I should've remembered them.

lovemywoods

Geek in Paradise!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Mar 26, 2008
    Brown County
    :rules::mods:

:shady::tinfoil:

I self reported so we will see.

If I get banned hopefully it is only for a short time, if not I'll see you all for dinner hopefully.

This has been Kawtech87 posting during his lunch hour signing off. I give you now to local news, and traffic.

Remember the one and only Kawtech can fix your bike and your dinner. ;)

So long for now.

I'm pretty sure you're safe... I think the Site Advertiser stuff is just for people that want to really "push" their product in the forums. Answering questions and such is merely considered good service and I'm certain INGO mods/owner have no problems with such a thing...

CountryBoy19 got it right. No issues here. No problem. Quit worrying. :)

church

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 10, 2013
    Margaritaville
    6z3nnp.jpg
    [/IMG]

Last edited:

Oliver

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    I've been one time roughly 10 years ago. I can still remember many things about the meal and experience...THAT says a lot in my opinion.

Top Bottom