• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hkindiana

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 19, 2010
    Southern Hills
    Indy location or Martinsville? If it was Martinsville then I'm sorry to hear that and hope you give us another chance. If it was Indy then I have no control over that one.
    It was Martinsville. We were the only ones waiting to be seated and several employees walked by without even acknowledging us for close to 15 minutes. We asked about our favorite waitress “Sauna” and was informed she no longer worked there. Our waitress plopped down the menus without saying a word, and even though the restaurant was not busy, she didn’t come by for over 15 minutes, so we left.
    On a side note, the Indian artifacts at the restaurant are really neat - any side story or history on them?

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    Oh, I'm sorry to hear that. Yeah Sonna refused to come back to work after covid. We only have a few of the same waitresses now even from then. Hopefully you guys come back.

A lot of those arrow heads, as far as I'm aware, we're found local in Indiana. I don't know anything more about them unfortunately. Most have been there since I was little.

Hkindiana

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 19, 2010
    Southern Hills
    Oh, I'm sorry to hear that. Yeah Sonna refused to come back to work after covid. We only have a few of the same waitresses now even from then. Hopefully you guys come back.

A lot of those arrow heads, as far as I'm aware, we're found local in Indiana. I don't know anything more about them unfortunately. Most have been there since I was little.
    Do you still have your “stimulus menu”?

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    Do you still have your “stimulus menu”?
    Unfortunately no. We did for a while after covid but everything went so high we had to raise prices. Lettuce went from $14 for a 50# case to over $100 for so long we changed our salads to a mixed green blend that used to be much more expensive but now is cheap by comparison. Beef was astronomical. So bad we dropped prime rib from the menu for a long time because one loin of bone-in prime exports (fancy way of saying bone-in ribeye) was over $300. It's came down some but it's still nowhere near what it used to be. But we did finally last year bring prime back. We never know week to week what prices will be. We have done a few things to try to keep some value items on the menu. We have a cheese burger now. My dad wanted it to be impressive so I like to weigh them out at ~13oz. We use a blend of trimmings from NY, Ribeye and Sirloin to grind fresh to order. We've added a few additional sandwiches and are still exploring other options for value items without sacrificing quality. So long answer to a short question I guess.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    benw
    Top Bottom