• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    My family and I used to go to the one in Indy regularly. I always got the prime rib and always loved it. I went a few years without going and I took a friend there about 2 years ago because he said he wanted a really good steak. We went. It was horrible. I vowed to never go back.

Now that I know the one in Martinsville is different, I may have to drive down there and give it a go.

forgop

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2012
    Southeast Indy
    Lobster is tricky to cook. I don't know but a handfull of people who can cook it right. My dad is one, My brother is another, our other chef is good too. I can prep a lobster better than anyone I know but cooking it I leave to them. Come try one of ours and see for yourself. We have 2 sizes to choose from. A modest 10-12oz or a huge 20+ ounce tail.

My Father crafted the first menu for both restaurants in 1983. We did for a few years serve identical dishes. We still have a copy of the original menu on display in the waiting room. A few dishes we no longer serve: Lobster Newburg, and Fettuccine Alfredo. Both were handmade by my dad to order. He still cooks up some handmade fettuccine for family dinners sometimes.

I am sorry you were dissapointed with the Prime rib. Normally that is one of the dishes everyone raves about and we pride ourselves on. We slow cook it for 5 hours and baste it in its own juice. What did you not like about it?

I love steaks and I love great prime rib. The prime rib itself was "good", but compared to the quality of the steaks, I'd never get prime rib there again. I used to help make prime rib for a chain no longer open in Indy (although one still exists in Lafayette) that had the BEST prime rib and theirs is much more flavorful throughout with better seasoning. In my opinion, 5 hours isn't long enough-if I remember correctly, they'd cook 10-12 hours in the alto shaams to get the tenderness and the crust was much better seasoned.

I think I've only been through Martinsville once or twice going to/from a couple of football games at IU, but if I ever find myself in town, I'll be sure to stop in for a STEAK.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    So...

If ever there's a meet & greet at Bynum's Steak House - would we then have to call it a Meat & Greet?

Not to be confused with any kind of get-together posted on Craigslist, of course.

-J-

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    So...

Meat & Greet get-together posted on Craigslist.

-J-

:dunno:

Why you gotta make it wierd man?

My dad does have a recipe for spicy meatballs he once considered adding to the menu. He never could come up with a catchy name. I suggested Bynum's "big bad balls"... It was never added to the menu.

I dont know why...

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    My family and I used to go to the one in Indy regularly. I always got the prime rib and always loved it. I went a few years without going and I took a friend there about 2 years ago because he said he wanted a really good steak. We went. It was horrible. I vowed to never go back.

Now that I know the one in Martinsville is different, I may have to drive down there and give it a go.

Please do. I don't think you will be dissapointed.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    I love steaks and I love great prime rib. The prime rib itself was "good", but compared to the quality of the steaks, I'd never get prime rib there again. I used to help make prime rib for a chain no longer open in Indy (although one still exists in Lafayette) that had the BEST prime rib and theirs is much more flavorful throughout with better seasoning. In my opinion, 5 hours isn't long enough-if I remember correctly, they'd cook 10-12 hours in the alto shaams to get the tenderness and the crust was much better seasoned..

I honestly don't know the whole process it takes to make it. I know my dad starts it in the morning at about 7:30 and cooks it on high heat for a few hours before kicking the oven down to low and slow. So total cook time is about 10 hours by the time we open.

I really appreciate all the feedback you all have given me, good and bad. Please don't feel obligated to sugar coat anything negitive to spare my feelings. Now that its out there in the open, not that i was trying to hide it I just didnt want to break any INGO rules, that my family runs the restaurant and I see so many of you have been customers, I want your feedback.

Any critisim is an opportunity for improvement and we are always seeking to improve.

Thanks guys, I hope to see you all soon for dinner.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Thanks for your input. The salad is fresh cut everyday before we open and hand blended. Not prebagged. The bread is baked specially for us by a bakery out of bloomington daily. The only side we serve with the steak is a baked potato. Like I said we try to keep it simple. Though we have been playing with asparagus and broccoli. But haven't been able to find a fresh product that is up to our standards through our distributors. And we will not use frozen produce. It just never tastes right. We usually do not try to cover the steak in seasonings because we start out with the best cut of meat we can buy. We like to let the natural flavor of the steak come through. If you would like more seasoning you are more than welcome to order it with extra seasoning free of charge. I hope you will come back and let us give it another try.

I never realized how much better good beef could taste until we started buying half cows from a friend. I understand doctoring with spices for a particular desired taste, but just for the general seasoning most restaurants use...I'm convinced it's a cover for average quality, lower-taste meat. I hardly ever add anything to our steaks anymore.

forgop

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2012
    Southeast Indy
    I honestly don't know the whole process it takes to make it. I know my dad starts it in the morning at about 7:30 and cooks it on high heat for a few hours before kicking the oven down to low and slow. So total cook time is about 10 hours by the time we open.

I really appreciate all the feedback you all have given me, good and bad. Please don't feel obligated to sugar coat anything negitive to spare my feelings. Now that its out there in the open, not that i was trying to hide it I just didnt want to break any INGO rules, that my family runs the restaurant and I see so many of you have been customers, I want your feedback.

Any critisim is an opportunity for improvement and we are always seeking to improve.

Thanks guys, I hope to see you all soon for dinner.

I feel like what many places pass off for prime rib seems to come up well short of what I used to make/eat when I worked on the line of a chain making the best stuff ever.

Compare your current method with what I PM'd and and let me know when to come out and try your new and improved prime rib. :D

IndianaRog

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 4, 2009
    Martinsville, IN
    Lived in Martinsville over 30 years now and have enjoyed Bynams on numerous occasions given it's 5 min. from my house.

Never a bad meal, always great in my opinion.

Fenway

no longer pays the bills
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2008
    behind you
    We just had an epic sushi meet and greet last night. Could you handle 20-30 INGOers at once. We would love to patronize an establishment with ties to INGO.

I would if I had the authority to do it.

I could possibly arrange a future meet and eat. I have been thinking about it for awhile. OC/CC would be welcome of course.

forgop

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2012
    Southeast Indy
    Bet they can't do all you can eat for just $21.99 though.

I live me some good beef, but since I've started patronizing Sushi Club 2-3 years ago, I hate spending more for a steak given how much I love sushi.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    My church Trustee team is wrapping up a huge remodeling project. While talking to our pastor she said she wanted to treat us and take us to Bynums.
    I'll have to reach out to @kawtech87 and let him know when we are going to see if he'll be there that night so I can finally say hi. Looking forward to it.

Top Bottom