• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 96firephoenix

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 15, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    damn. that idiot got what he deserved for sure. the little guy picking on the big guy - never a smart choice, and the big guy showed pretty good restraint by waiting until the little one hit him 3 or 4 times... shows clear self defense from an assault in my book.

I like how the second kid walked up after the first one got his ass handed back to him... like he wants the same treatment.

iChokePeople

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Feb 11, 2011
    I have a kid in middle school now, and one of the things that used to surprise me is the way the 'anti-bullying' and zero tolerance policies have changed things -- specifically in the way that it's OFTEN the little guys who are the bullies now. When I was a kid, many moons ago, the statements in this thread about relative sizes were more or less true. Today, not so much. The little kids bully either verbally or physically with their little hit and run attacks, and the bigger kids get in trouble when they finally respond.

As for my vote, good for Casey. And shame on the idiot posting in the comments below that who implies that it was Casey's fault and he should have made better choices to keep from being bullied. Wow.

hotfarmboy1

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Madison County
    I say good for Casey!! It sucks to that he got in trouble but he did the right thing! That bully got what he deserved!

Sadly when I was in school dad brought me up that fighting was never the answer. To always just try to ignore them, that I didn't want suspended. I listened and I got picked on through most of jr and high school. Although in the later couple of years the bullies started to see in my eyes that I was at a breaking point and started to back off.

I still wish I hadn't listened to dad all that time and would of fought back. Since then I have decided that I will fight back when needed. I won't go looking for fights, but I will end them when they are brought to me.

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Don't see that very often, the puny kid picking on a bigger kid.
    Nice job, Casey. Screw the school, you did the right thing.:yesway:

And you can bet the "puny" kid was crying that it wasn't fair because "he's bigger than me...".
    This after he did EVERYTHING to start something with a bigger guy, and got EVERYTHING he asked for.

As an easy going muscular guy who was an athlete, I saw and experienced it all the time growing up.

The "puny" guy who knows he's a punk will start in on you hoping when other people see him giving an easy going bigger guy a bunch of sh*t that it will elevate him when the big easy going guy doesn't fight back.

Sometimes, like in this case, the "puny" guy miscalculated and got his *ss handed to him.

What was so strange about this type of stuff when I was a big kid growing up was, guys who were my size or bigger, or guys who may have really been able to kick my *ss, NEVER ever gave me trouble.
    Only the pathetic pests like the "puny" kid in this video.

People are strange... :-)

Last edited:

Westside

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Monitor World
    Good for Casey. at my school it didn't matter: who started it, who finished it, how it started, both parties got suspended. So my dad always told me never start a fight but if you get in one win at all costs and don't stop till your sure it's over. they you get a week of vacation to recover. I had a good dad. Mom thought he was insane and told me just ignore them. guess who I listened too.

I see my dad every week and only talk to my mom every few months. Divorced parents are great!!!

GO Casey enjoy the vacation.

rmabrey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 27, 2009
    Bull****.

I can't think of a situation where the zero tolerance policy is "OK" and this one certainly proves(at least helps) that point.
    So what if your son gets picked on and responds but the teacher only sees him hit back and he gets suspended. This is why there is a zero tolerance policy, teachers have a hard enough time doing their job right to have to play judge and jury

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Im not sure what to think about the zero tolerance policy. It has been many many years since I was a kid. But the way I remember it as a kind of rights of passage. Something I think everyone went through. You stood up for yourself and then no one messed with you or you ran / backed down and suffered for it the rest of the time you were in school.

Im not advocating violence but it is kind of the natural order of things. You learn to stand up for yourself. Where it gets really wrong is if you become the bully.

I say good for Casey he handled it the right way.

USMC_0311

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 30, 2008
    Anderson
    Im actually ok with the zero tolerance policy, and I was suspended in school for a fight I did not start.

It takes away the he said she said and the opportunity for the "star football player" to get away with stuff.

I am glad to see this kid stand up for himself though.

I would have never graduated high school if there was zero tolerance policy. I have heard kids being kicked out for having spent brass in the car. The girl was a target shooter training for the olympics. Girl on School's Skeet-Shooting Team Suspended for Having Shotgun Shells

My son came home from school one day. He said he found a spent .22 shell in the hood of his jacket. Luckily he kept it to himself untilhe got home. Zero tolerance I do not agree with. :twocents:

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    self defense! The kid even took a couple punches and tried to talk the aggressor down still, but the punk wanted more so he got made the kids *****! Self defense is exactly what I will teach (and have taught) my daughter already. I dont care what the schools policy is. If my daughter is being picked on or hit, and she opens a can of whoop ass like I teach her then I will support her 100%. I will spit in the face of the school that trys to suspend her. theres always home school or a new school. parents need to teach their kids to not be bullies, and if they are bullied, to kick the bullies ass. and if the bully is a lot bigger and the school will not do anything then daddy is gonna go talk to the bullies daddy nicely first, and we will see from there. either way, I will do anything to make sure my child is not a victim and knows how to defend herself, and if she has tried and cant do anymore, then as a parent its my turn to try.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    So what if your son gets picked on and responds but the teacher only sees him hit back and he gets suspended. This is why there is a zero tolerance policy, teachers have a hard enough time doing their job right to have to play judge and jury

everyone has a hard job in this world. the only easy jobs I have ever seen is the tools who sit at a desk and tell me how hard I need to work for him and then get paid more than me. zero tolerance policies blow. parents need to be parents and teachers need to teach. its not their jobs to correct my kid. if my kid causes trouble at school, then call me and I will guarantee you they will come back with a shinny apple and an apology.

USMC_0311

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 30, 2008
    Anderson
    self defense! The kid even took a couple punches and tried to talk the aggressor down still, but the punk wanted more so he got made the kids *****! Self defense is exactly what I will teach (and have taught) my daughter already. I dont care what the schools policy is. If my daughter is being picked on or hit, and she opens a can of whoop ass like I teach her then I will support her 100%. I will spit in the face of the school that trys to suspend her. theres always home school or a new school. parents need to teach their kids to not be bullies, and if they are bullied, to kick the bullies ass. and if the bully is a lot bigger and the school will not do anything then daddy is gonna go talk to the bullies daddy nicely first, and we will see from there. either way, I will do anything to make sure my child is not a victim and knows how to defend herself, and if she has tried and cant do anymore, then as a parent its my turn to try.

You are taking bullying a little to personal. Did you get picked on by Marines while you were in the Army? :laugh:

You know I am just kidding. ;) I agree 100% with you by the way.

rmabrey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 27, 2009
    everyone has a hard job in this world. the only easy jobs I have ever seen is the tools who sit at a desk and tell me how hard I need to work for him and then get paid more than me. zero tolerance policies blow. parents need to be parents and teachers need to teach. its not their jobs to correct my kid. if my kid causes trouble at school, then call me and I will guarantee you they will come back with a shinny apple and an apology.
    Yeah but you gotta remember most parents just dont care

Love the 1911

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 20, 2010

Any special treats inside that apple?:D

I agree with what you said and +1 for being an involved parent as many teachers have no idea what an involved parent looks like anymore. (Tried to rep but I have to spread it around some more)

gunsisgood

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 19, 2010
    Maine
    Don't see that very often, the puny kid picking on a bigger kid.:yesway:

35+ years ago I was the bigger kid and used to get beat up on a weekly basis by smallish underfed little degenerates:).One day much like Casey I decided I was not gonna take it anymore, two bullies started their punchfest and it ended with both of them runnin home to momma leaving a nice blood trail.
    From that day on I NEVER got picked on again.

snowman46919

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 27, 2010
    Marion

I am sorry but the zero tolerance policy doesn't work. My freshman year of high school I was suspended and threatened with expulsion in a fight that I did not throw a single punch. It essentially went down in this manner, kid put all he had in one sucker punch and I got back in his face and said if he would like to fight like a man I would be happy to oblige otherwise he could sit his sucker punching ass down. He chose the ladder and off we went to the administrative offices. I received a 3 day suspension for doing nothing because of the zero tolerance policy and was accused of being a racist because I fought with a person of another race. Later at a meeting my parents had to go to my dad asked about this policy and said well if it is zero tolerance than there would not be an issue with my son wiping the floor with their boy when they get back from their vacation and your policy would have both boys suspended. To which they informed my father that was not the case, and that he should not advise me to take matters into my own hands if problems were to occur again. Moral of the story the bully got to do whatever the hell he wanted and the policy only worked to his advantage.

Yeah but you gotta remember most parents just dont care
    so punish the parents not the children

Top Bottom