• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fletch

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Oklahoma
    I was actually suprised by my fathers responce when he was confronted by the principle to what had happened.
    And this is a big problem, IMO. It was for me. I was scared of bullies, but I was TERRIFIED of Dad, and I have always been extremely literal-minded. So when he said, "you get in trouble at school, you'll be in worse trouble when you get home", and did not add a self-defense exception to the rule, I figured I was ****ed for the rest of my days. I put all of my energy into developing a high tolerance for pain. The only reason I stabbed the other kid in the knee with a pencil (along with a couple of other times I lost my **** with other bullies) was because I seriously could not take it any more. I had bruises on top of bruises and aching bones below those, and he was an expert at hitting me in exactly the same spot every time.

If this adoption thing works out for me, I have every intention of telling my kids explicitly that I will back them up if they defend themselves, and teaching them to the best of my ability how to do that. I don't want my kids to suffer the way I had to, and I will spit in the face of any "educator" who tells me I'm wrong about this.

snowman46919

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 27, 2010
    Marion
    That's the sad part -- that nearly every one of us men who has been on one side or the other of this bully thing understands exactly how it works, but the [censored] who run the school systems today don't get it. For as long as there have been boys, there have been bullies. Every one of our dads/granddads/greatgreatgreatgranddads knew it, told us about it, and taught us how to deal with a bully. It has worked for AGES. But suddenly in the past 10 years or so, we've decided that a bunch of [oops, almost said it...] should run the schools and make the rules, and suddenly there's no dodgeball or other games where someone might "win" or "lose", and kids are taught to go to the fetal position when attacked by a bully and just take it.

But hey, I don't mean to go off on a rant here...

Edit: Disclaimer - the views expressed above MIGHT be the product of a rant and offend those who are easily offended, and might not represent the views of INGO staff, blah, blah, blah.

Your post would hold so much more weight if it wasn't for that bully moniker you go by.

96firephoenix

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 15, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    And this is a big problem, IMO. It was for me. I was scared of bullies, but I was TERRIFIED of Dad, and I have always been extremely literal-minded. So when he said, "you get in trouble at school, you'll be in worse trouble when you get home", and did not add a self-defense exception to the rule, I figured I was ****ed for the rest of my days. I put all of my energy into developing a high tolerance for pain. The only reason I stabbed the other kid in the knee with a pencil (along with a couple of other times I lost my **** with other bullies) was because I seriously could not take it any more. I had bruises on top of bruises and aching bones below those, and he was an expert at hitting me in exactly the same spot every time.

If this adoption thing works out for me, I have every intention of telling my kids explicitly that I will back them up if they defend themselves, and teaching them to the best of my ability how to do that. I don't want my kids to suffer the way I had to, and I will spit in the face of any "educator" who tells me I'm wrong about this.

that was my experience... except that my dad told me "don't start fights, but by all means finish them." I support this line of education. I got suspended a few times in Jr high, and once was actually for a scheduled rematch with a guy that threw me into a urinal the day before. I finished the hell out of that one... he had visible bruises still when our suspension was over.

same as "don't mug people, but draw on them if they do" or "don't start car-jackings, but if someone carjacks you, put a slug through the window."

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    that little kid probly wants to be his best friend now, lol. thats usually how it works.

Either that or rallied together an even bigger group of bullies to pick on him more than they already do.

LOL, I've seriously watch this gif for about 5 minutes and I'm still entertained.

2167781_s.gif

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    It looks like a lot of people in this thread fought back against their bully and stomped him. Ok now, 'fess up, who fought back and got whooped? Let's hear it...

Fletch

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Oklahoma
    It looks like a lot of people in this thread fought back against their bully and stomped him. Ok now, 'fess up, who fought back and got whooped? Let's hear it...
    Not quite what you're looking for, but...

As a result of the cognitive dissonance in my upbringing (being bullied, but being too afraid of Dad to do anything about it except as a very last resort), I developed a nasty temper. Right around this time I also joined the wrestling team. The problem was, I had so much repressed anger that every time I got on the mat, all I wanted to do was hurt the other guy, permanently if possible. I remember putting one kid in a headlock and squeezing so hard and for so long that his face was beet red and his eyes bulging and watering even as he pinned me. I knew it was impossible, but I literally wanted to crush his skull. I never won a single match, so I got to endure more abuse for being a loser.

iChokePeople

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Feb 11, 2011

https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/break_room/138544-who_is_going_to_indiana_linuxfest.html

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.8%
    45   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    When I was in middle school, I joined the wrestling team just so I could beat up my bully and not get in trouble. My 2nd year on the team I broke his arm in 2 places and dislocated his shoulder. And he could never look at me again.

"Men ought either to be indulged or utterly destroyed, for if you merely offend them they take vengeance, but if you injure them greatly they are unable to retaliate, so that the injury done to a man ought to be such that vengeance cannot be feared." (Quote by - Niccolo Machiavelli)

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East

I got sucker punched once and didnt hit back. I was in middle school I think. (oh, in high school, I did end up whooping his ass) I push mowed lots of yards as a kid, and was never lacking in upper body or leg strength. then I started lifting. I have been outdone in friendly matches in the military, but I have never lost a true fight. I know there are plenty of people in the world who could kick my ass, I just luckily havent met them yet :D

but I can tell you one thing ...... there is no such thing as a fair fight. theres winning and theres losing. I know that even if I lost, the other guy would still probly be walking away minus a nut or an ear :): No fight is ever really good. even if a midget hits you in the mouth after standing on a chair, it could still chip or knock out a tooth, and that would be a bad day.

all that being said, I really dont look for fights. Im pretty laid back. Im the guy that would pile drive the bully for picking on the littler kid. I dont like bullies. sometimes one must be a bully in life, but doing it just to make someone feel inferior to boost yourself, is not one of those reasons.

Last edited:

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    By the school rules yes, so you might as well teach him to fight back. However as snowman also pointed out the schools cant follow their own rules.

Now I do want to add that if its obvious that your son for example didn't do anything and a teacher witnessed it, no he shouldn't be suspended but chances are he will. If nobody witnessed who started the fight then both should be suspended. But then again im not sure i trust any school administration to use good judgment, as I said early the nerdy kid may get the raw end cause the star football player needs to be available for the big game

I put the key line in bold print. I differ in one point, I am absolutely sure that I do not trust any school administration to use good judgement. It is a foreign concept to the teachers' union and liberal, Democratic principles. Their goal is total indoctrination of the children so they can be manipulated to maintain the Democratic Party's oligarchial control of the USA.

1032JBT

LEO and PROUD of it.......even if others aren't
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Noblesville
    When I was younger I got in a fight standing up for my older brother who was suffering from the effects of chemo and radiation from a brain tumor. Neighborhood kid picked on him all the time and I had enough. Got my ass kicked (broke my freakin nose)...........but he never ever picked on my brother again.

So to affirm what others said, even if you lose, you still win.

Top Bottom