• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Wstar425

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2018
    Sandia Park, New Mexico
    Bought a 2000 Tundra 4x4 the first year they came out. Put 279,000 trouble free miles on it. Ran like a top, but there wasn’t a body panel that wasn’t dented or rusted thru. Abused it to no end pulling horse trailers and way overweight loads. Wife said buy a new truck and get that eyesore outa my driveway.

Looked at 2014 Fords, the first or second year with the aluminum bed and liked them but said if I have trouble I will kick myself. So, bought a new Tundra 4x4, which I still have with 70,000 miles on it. Still looks and runs good, hope I never buy another truck. Or another vehicle, as long as we don’t crash anything.

Not a fan of the looks of the new Tundra at all, but never sat in one. We’ve had more Toyota cars than anything but currently a Maxima and an older Subaru. Had a few Hondas and GM way back 40 years ago.

Bikes I’ve had a lot of Kawasaki, a half dozen Honda, and a few Yamahas. Never a Harley, I’m too cheap to spend that much on a plaything.

Last Milwaukee drill I bought wouldn’t run a 3” screw into PT lumber, so I went with Makits.

Sig Sauer guy all the way but I have a little bit of 6-7 other brands. I have 5 Sig 226’s in various configs, but currently into the SAOs. Only thing I have more than one of.

I’d say I’m not huge in brand loyalty, Toyota and Sig maybe? We had a couple of Camrys, but they got so we didn’t like the looks and went to a 2013 then 2017 Maxima SR Midnight Edition, which I love but never drive as it’s the wife’s car.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    Bought a 2000 Tundra 4x4 the first year they came out. Put 279,000 trouble free miles on it. Ran like a top, but there wasn’t a body panel that wasn’t dented or rusted thru. Abused it to no end pulling horse trailers and way overweight loads. Wife said buy a new truck and get that eyesore outa my driveway.

Looked at 2014 Fords, the first or second year with the aluminum bed and liked them but said if I have trouble I will kick myself. So, bought a new Tundra 4x4, which I still have with 70,000 miles on it. Still looks and runs good, hope I never buy another truck. Or another vehicle, as long as we don’t crash anything.

Not a fan of the looks of the new Tundra at all, but never sat in one. We’ve had more Toyota cars than anything but currently a Maxima and an older Subaru. Had a few Hondas and GM way back 40 years ago.

Bikes I’ve had a lot of Kawasaki, a half dozen Honda, and a few Yamahas. Never a Harley, I’m too cheap to spend that much on a plaything.

Last Milwaukee drill I bought wouldn’t run a 3” screw into PT lumber, so I went with Makits.

Sig Sauer guy all the way but I have a little bit of 6-7 other brands. I have 5 Sig 226’s in various configs, but currently into the SAOs. Only thing I have more than one of.

I’d say I’m not huge in brand loyalty, Toyota and Sig maybe? We had a couple of Camrys, but they got so we didn’t like the looks and went to a 2013 then 2017 Maxima SR Midnight Edition, which I love but never drive as it’s the wife’s car.
    Apparently there’s huge nation wide problems with the newest tundra engines. Don’t know any details, but was surprised to hear it.
    My 07 with the 5.7 has been great.

russc2542

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 24, 2015
    Columbus
    Nope.

Milwaukee because I'm invested in their ecosystem. Otherwise I don't really buy much new stuff. All companies have their ups and downs. None are infallible. Not going to buy something inferior just because it has brand Y's name on it.

CodeBlue

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 15, 2023
    Westfield
    My brother would say, a boxer really isn't a Porsche, like the 914 was really not a Porsche.
    Well I can attest that he is right, My first Porsche was a 1973 914 when I was stationed in Mannheim Germany in 1984, found out that it was made by Volkswagen AG but with a Porsche designed engine(Troubles abound). I upgraded it to a 1975 911S for the remainder of my tour. I had a 2001 Porsche Boxster here in Indiana and just loved it and it was very reliable. After my 4th Porsche 911. I can attest that the 911 is far more reliable than any other model. Stay away from the Cayenne, they are throw away cars. Just return them once the lease is up. My wife's current vehicle is the 2012 Porsche Panamera Hybrid S with 120K miles and she just loves it. I can honestly say it had been a very reliable vehicle and get 26 to 30MPG for a big car.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    Well I can attest that he is right, My first Porsche was a 1973 914 when I was stationed in Mannheim Germany in 1984, found out that it was made by Volkswagen AG but with a Porsche designed engine(Troubles abound). I upgraded it to a 1975 911S for the remainder of my tour. I had a 2001 Porsche Boxster here in Indiana and just loved it and it was very reliable. After my 4th Porsche 911. I can attest that the 911 is far more reliable than any other model. Stay away from the Cayenne, they are throw away cars. Just return them once the lease is up. My wife's current vehicle is the 2012 Porsche Panamera Hybrid S with 120K miles and she just loves it. I can honestly say it had been a very reliable vehicle and get 26 to 30MPG for a big car.
    @bgcatty I sill have the sads, you didn't loan us you pretty shiny car.

Full disclosure. My younger brother is a longtime Porsche owner. His first is a 911T and he bought a kit from renegade hybrids, and put a small block Chevy in it.
    He has a few old 911/930 cars.
    He's tried to get me to go for a ride in a 930 for years. My answer is nope Duke, not gonna happen.

bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    @bgcatty I sill have the sads, you didn't loan us you pretty shiny car.

Full disclosure. My younger brother is a longtime Porsche owner. His first is a 911T and he bought a kit from renegade hybrids, and put a small block Chevy in it.
    He has a few old 911/930 cars.
    He's tried to get me to go for a ride in a 930 for years. My answer is nope Duke, not gonna happen.
    They don’t call the 930 the widowmaker for nothing!
    Very smart answer to the offer to “go for a ride”!
    The offer for the ride should have been: Would you like to take a ride into the dark side in my 930? :ugh:

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    One of my father's friends ordered one and took delivery in Canada. He said he had to take some driving classes before the dealer would give him the car.
    I knew as a young man, don't get in those ****ing cars. Still not going to happen.
    Amazing Automobiles Ben, enjoy it sir.

bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    I don’t have a 930 at present; but I do have a 911 Cabriolet, black over tan leather with a 3.4 L engine and 6 speed manual trans. It’s my fourth Porsche and I wouldn’t want it any other way.
    Porsche: There is no substitute! :rockwoot:

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    I don’t have a 930 at present; but I do have a 911 Cabriolet, black over tan leather with a 3.4 L engine and 6 speed manual trans. It’s my fourth Porsche and I wouldn’t want it any other way.
    Porsche: There is no substitute! :rockwoot:
    And still an Amazing Automobile Ben.
    Years back I looked at resurrecting a 71 Pantera as a project. I realized that for me, I'm safer on a motorcycle.

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Jeffersonville
    I've always liked Ford, and Dodge cars and trucks, my dad like Chevy. Guns are hit or miss, I've never owned a Colt, but love them. I love S&W revolvers, hated Taurus, til I got a newer one, now own 3. Coke is great, but prefer diet Mt. Dew, just hate Pepsi....Won't buy Levi's due to their libtard corporate policies, use to buy Wranglers, but have found that RK has some good fitting jeans, and cheap prices. Used to HATE Toyota, til I read what a lot of our vets think, so at some point might buy one (still HATE Nissan, don't know why, just do) Jim Beam is proof that God loves us, and wants us happy. Jamison is also pretty dang good...Bud light, in spite of the recent trans fluid controversy, is the best, IMHO, light beer. Coors, Amber Bock, and Yuengling are great beers, and that is all I have to say about that...Not that I'm opinionated...

JoeSig

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 8, 2024
    DeMotte, IN
    I definitely have brand loyalty for a few companies, but not many. We as consumers should reward positive behaviors and ethical practices. A company is just a group of people, so I believe purchasing is a matter of trust. Trust goes both ways so we also need to be good customers! Providing excellent products and services is easy, but working with your customers to improve those products or services is hard for many because it requires participation on the customer's part. I think being a good customer improves brands. How is a company supposed to know what you want/need if you don't provide feedback? We need to write honest reviews, interact on social media, READ MANUALS, buy direct when possible, visit their tables/booths at events, don't abuse warranty programs and refer when appropriate.

Consumer behavior is the strongest tool to promote good and discourage bad in brands. It's my belief that consumer company relationships go both ways. When it benefits me, I make sure to hold up my end of the transaction. I think brand loyalty really means brand trust.

Bleachey

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 8, 2019
    Petersburg
    I tend to really like Ford Trucks, not sure I would call it brand loyal though. I have had 1 ranger and am on my 3rd F150 over the past 24 years, all bought used. The Ranger my boys outgrew the back seat, 1st F150 I had for 5 years and I put over 100k miles on it (210 total). It started to have cam tensioner issues and a little rust (11 years old) so I decided to trade. The 2nd F150 I had for 9 years and put over 150k on it (215 total). It was a 2010 and rusted horribly. Considered it around as a farm truck, but it was really rusty and the 4WD started acting up so I bought a 14 in January. When it comes time to look I always seem to find a Ford I like, although I look at other brands.

I always look at Mossberg Shotguns first, although I now own a couple other brands.

And Diet Coke is almost a religion for me.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    Wait, did I read that Jim Beam and Bud Lite were the best? That makes me have The Sad's... For there is a man thats never had what the Catholics and Protestant's make in Ireland and Scotland and the beer out of Germany.

Top Bottom