• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Franc

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2021
    Fishers, IN
    I think the brand marketing era is over. Back in the 90’s companies spent millions to plaster their brand names everywhere, even online. Then they do not have enough money for actually making good products. That had undermined brand loyalty in general.

Somemedic

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Not so long ago... maybe toward the last part of covid... I tried to order a French door, white, big honkin fridge from wirlpool via Lowes. Did my research and they were the mostly made in the USA and had a good review. Took 6mos to get it and when I did it looked like an elephant had kicked the cardboard back of it in and hit a copper line. This was after waiting 6mos mind you.

I told the kids to put it back on the truck, that they shouldn't have even brought it with that damage. They took it back to the store and when they called it would be another 6mos so I said refund me and I'd go elsewhere. Ended up with a Samsung. I mean I tried.

When it comes to cars though I've owned a few and while I dig toyotas I wouldn't have the latest tundra with all the issues it's having. There seems to be sweet spots or years with cars. I also have a 2000 chevy van with a bunch of .Iles that won't die and isn't rusted out...yet. Before I had my tundras I looked for older Rams with no DEF system, 12 or 24 valves but at that moment they were bloody.

I buy most of my **** from pots n pans to tools from ebay or antique shops. Lots of the stuff I get is still in the box and hardly even used. I'm not giving my money to China or whoever and I'm still getting, in a lot of instances, decent quality. Can't do it for everything but for most items you can get NOS.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    I'm impartial to 3rd gen s&w's and Rugers. Growing up my parents always had a Ford and I learned to drive with my dad's 93 f150. Now I have a 17 Escape and a 93 stang.

CodeBlue

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 15, 2023
    Westfield
    Brand loyalty, If it's made in America and has a conservative value. Then yes. But when it comes to my vehicles, I use to buy Ford's (F-100, F-150, Ranger, Explorer) never a new one, this brand is no longer reliable. Now it's Toyota, and Lexus. Both of mine are over 200K miles and never any major problems, Regular maintenance.

michele3$

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2024
    Saint John
    Ever hear about Consumer Reports? It my not be the bible regarding consumer products, however, they accept no advertising dollars from ANY sponsors. That means they have no ads in their publications; the only money they get is from subscriptions. They take stuff and use and abuse it; even cars. They will give you the real scoop.
    Some people are so used to crappy products that they just roll with it. They just don't know any better!

michele3$

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2024
    Saint John
    My vehicles (truck and SUV) are engineered in Japan but, made in America by Americans with American sourced parts. Not the other way around like the big three. And most of the money made stays right here!

michele3$

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2024
    Saint John
    What a coincidence! I have a 2014 Boxster S I leased then, purchased. Although it only has 25k miles on it, it has not been in the Porsche shop. And I would suggest staying as far away as you can from them, unless you like taking it in the shorts! It's still a blast to drive! It's a 6 speed manual, by the way.

cavallo

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 17, 2023
    Brownsburg
    Interesting question. At first I thought I might have some spots of brand loyalty but after thinking about it for a little bit, I realized that it is something else. When I buy a product and am impressed by it's quality or performance or features, the next time I need to buy something similar, I make the assumption that the same company is likely to deliver the same experience again because of their standards or their culture. To me that is less about brand loyalty and more about repeating what worked last time.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Interesting question. At first I thought I might have some spots of brand loyalty but after thinking about it for a little bit, I realized that it is something else. When I buy a product and am impressed by it's quality or performance or features, the next time I need to buy something similar, I make the assumption that the same company is likely to deliver the same experience again because of their standards or their culture. To me that is less about brand loyalty and more about repeating what worked last time.
    A big disconnect, for many, is that a guy has a tool they bought twenty years ago that served them very well but are unaware the product they had was made in USA, in the years after the company has sold out, maybe a couple of times, and now the tool is cheap china junk.

So the past tool purchases shouldn’t be a barometer of current quality because of how fast the retail market changes…

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    Porsche: because there is no substitute! :wavey:
    My brother would say, a boxer really isn't a Porsche, like the 914 was really not a Porsche.
    What a coincidence! I have a 2014 Boxster S I leased then, purchased. Although it only has 25k miles on it, it has not been in the Porsche shop. And I would suggest staying as far away as you can from them, unless you like taking it in the shorts! It's still a blast to drive! It's a 6 speed manual, by the way.

Top Bottom