• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Woody968

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 1, 2015
    Terre Haute
    Go look at any of these stores and handle the firearm you so desire***THEN*** go online to Budsguns and buy your firearm save yourself some $$

Unless there is a large difference in price I'd suggest supporting the local shop that gave you the opportunity to handle the firearm before purchase. Not calling anyone out on this just sayin we need to factor in some value for the service they provide or they may not be there next time we want to handle the next purchase.

LP1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 8, 2010
    Friday Town
    Go look at any of these stores and handle the firearm you so desire***THEN*** go online to Budsguns and buy your firearm save yourself some $$

Not fair to the retailer. If you don't want to pay retail, don't visit the shop. And if you buy online when you could have bought locally, don't complain when the local shops are gone. This applies to everything, not just guns.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Anyone have any recommendations?

Love them all. It's about the hunt, not the kill.:D

Bought guns all over Indianapolis, in no particular order:

Even though the lack of order makes my skin itch, I like Bradis. Maybe it is the disorder that I really enjoy and cannot bring myself to admit.:D

Plainfield Shooting Supply was my brother's favorite.

I enjoy KS&E, especially the used counters.

I really love Beech Grove. No bromides, just show me the guns and let me buy. Love the lack of bs.

I was in Indy Arms a couple of weeks ago. The inventory was not diverse, but they just opened. But it was clean and did not smell like 4 day old tacos or a dead goat.

I like bigger places with lots of inventory to paw. I like used guns where I can haggle. I am not above pawn shops.

Just set a goal of like one gun shop a weekend and you'll work yourself around the city.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Do you mind sharing why Premiere is bad?

Not in my experience. They threw me out once but it was my fault, I was on autopilot, like a hungry leopard on a good deal, or wounded gazelle.:D

A kid wanted to sell a shotgun and the counterman said not interested, I acted on instinct. I was in the wrong, and they let me step out to buy it in the parking lot.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    I'm not sure how I missed this thread HT. Glueman or I can hook you up with our guy at Midwest Gun Exchange. I'll see what kind of price I can get for you.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Do you mind sharing why Premiere is bad?

The BS that flows from the lips of the staff when asking about a trade in.

Sure....the staff and the owner.
    The way they have treated folks trying to sell a gun when it is obvious the person is in need. What they say about that person when he leaves and they are laughing about his hard ships.
    I can go on and on but know the only decent guy that worked there had enough and rolled.

If you like the place no worries. I speak from personal experiences. Nothing more.
    I have bought more than a few guns out of that shop. No more. The tall Ginger in there is a wise ass.

308jake

Master
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Brownsburg
    The BS that flows from the lips of the staff when asking about a trade in.

Sure....the staff and the owner.
    The way they have treated folks trying to sell a gun when it is obvious the person is in need. What they say about that person when he leaves and they are laughing about his hard ships.
    I can go on and on but know the only decent guy that worked there had enough and rolled.

If you like the place no worries. I speak from personal experiences. Nothing more.
    I have bought more than a few guns out of that shop. No more. The tall Ginger in there is a wise ass.

I was just curious. I thought it may have had to do with prices. I've found that it's either a really good or a really bad deal. I've honestly never had a gun shop offer me anything close to fair on a trade. The ones I continue to patronize at least tell me I'm getting screwed. I think the ginger is annoyed from having to look up from the computer screen....I've never even seen him move from behind the monitor. The younger guy seems cool, but the place is usually pretty empty when I've been.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I was just curious. I thought it may have had to do with prices. I've found that it's either a really good or a really bad deal. I've honestly never had a gun shop offer me anything close to fair on a trade. The ones I continue to patronize at least tell me I'm getting screwed. I think the ginger is annoyed from having to look up from the computer screen....I've never even seen him move from behind the monitor. The younger guy seems cool, but the place is usually pretty empty when I've been.

No idea who the young guy is. Not been in there in 2 years or better. The Ginger talked down his nose to me and said I did not know that much about a 1911......Really..........Down the road to Bobs. Better price on the same gun and a hell of a good trade offer.

hps

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 26, 2009
    Just sayin there is a reason these places have been in business for 30-40 yrs, CUZ THEIR MAKIN $$ HAND OVER FIST!! Their not going anywhere. Ive toldem I can get a particular firearm online for said amount, they dont care! If they dont care then why should I?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    You have to go into KS&E at least once in your life just to experience it! I heard the owner was in the hospital a couple of weeks back. Anyone know how he is doing? Hope all is well. I really enjoy hearing him haggle.

Not been in there or familiar with it. Am I missing out.

Markus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 13, 2015
    Indianapolis
    Not been in there or familiar with it. Am I missing out.

IMHO, simply put, YES! Kind of like Bob's in Plainfield but smaller, less inventory, confined space for customers but some awesome people to deal with. And when I lived in Avon, Plainfield Shooting Supply was my all time favorite. KS&E is a hole in the wall that you should peer into if you are ever on the eastside on Pendleton Pike.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    IMHO, simply put, YES! Kind of like Bob's in Plainfield but smaller, less inventory, confined space for customers but some awesome people to deal with. And when I lived in Avon, Plainfield Shooting Supply was my all time favorite. KS&E is a hole in the wall that you should peer into if you are ever on the eastside on Pendleton Pike.

Well, now I must see this place.

Kmocao

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2015
    Somewhar in the Bush
    I'm actually shocked to hear this. I've been to the shop many times, though I've only purchased from them once, but was always treated well. All I can say is that I hope it was just an off day for them and an isolated incident.
    I'll try and make a long story short. Bought a new M&P 9, got it home and the sear deactivation level fell out of the gun during my first field strip of the weapon. Took it back the next morning and they said they'd send it off to Smith & Wesson warranty and that they'd call me when they got it back. I called in a week later to check on it and was told they didn't have to send it in after all and that they had ordered the parts and would fix it themselves and call me when it was done. Two weeks later, I called to check on it and they tell me its fixed and that they just need to test fire it. 20 min after that, they call me back to tell me its ready for me to pick up. When I got it home I immediately noticed a 'crunchiness' and grinding in the trigger, and that it won't dry fire but maybe 1 out of every 4 trigger pulls. Hoping against all odds that I just don't know much about guns, I took it to the range and same thing. Won't fire at all with a slow trigger pull(trigger goes all the way to the stop and does nothing) and only fires randomly when the trigger is jerked. Talked to smith & wesson and had to send it in for warranty repair about 2 weeks ago, and I'm still waiting on it. This is my first firearm purchase, so I went into all this pretty dumb about how things work, but I've been waiting to have in my possession a working gun I paid for almost 6 weeks ago. Needless to say, I'll NEVER buy so much as another bullet from BEECH GROVE GARBAGEARMS. I don't know what got messed up, but they've lost out on thousands of dollars of my business(starting with a Glock 42 I just bought for my wife from Bradis Guns last week), and tens of thousands of dollars of my friends' and families' money as well.

LP1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 8, 2010
    Friday Town

You forgot to mention the wonderful neighborhood.

LP1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 8, 2010
    Friday Town
    Here is their website. I was stunned that they have one. The place actually looks bigger in the picture if you can believe that!

KS+E Sports

Wow - more guns listed on the website than I've EVER seen in there. And more coming in 2012! I can hardly wait.

Darrell is a blowhard who loves to hear himself talk, but Ed is OK. If they have what you want, or you can wait until they get it, you'll get a good price.

Top Bottom