• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rarejewell

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2015
    Metro Indy
    There is a new store in Avon, on Rockville Rd. Grey Wolf Firearms. Have been in there a few times and they were helpful, seemed knowledgeable, did not rush me, and decent prices. I was there even after close looking for a few minutes at things. Definitely didn't have a problem with showing me anything I wanted to see.

Markus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 13, 2015
    Indianapolis
    There is a new store in Avon, on Rockville Rd. Grey Wolf Firearms. Have been in there a few times and they were helpful, seemed knowledgeable, did not rush me, and decent prices. I was there even after close looking for a few minutes at things. Definitely didn't have a problem with showing me anything I wanted to see.

Have been in there as well. Seemed like a great bunch of folks. Pricing seemed competitive as well.

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    My preference is Beech Grove Firearms. They've always had what I wanted.

Story time: I was looking for a 9mm 1911. Called BGF and asked about two specific models, clearly stating that I would be purchasing within two weeks. They had one in stock, but not the one I preferred. Called back when I was ready to buy and they had ordered my first choice because I asked about it AND gave me a hell of a deal.

LP1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 8, 2010
    Friday Town
    If you want the absolute best price, wait until the 1500 and visit ZX. Large selection of new guns, I've never seen anyone sell for less. But their tables are always a zoo - for good reason.

Kmocao

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2015
    Somewhar in the Bush
    Whatever you do, don't waste your time going to Beech Grove Firearms. I went there to purchase my first firearm(M&P 9 FS) and it has been an absolute nightmare. Their knowledge on firearms and their customer service are downright terrible, and I was lied to by one of their employees who gave me back a firearm that had supposedly been test fired(a lie) even though there was obviously something wrong. If you want the full story, you can PM me.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Whatever you do, don't waste your time going to Beech Grove Firearms. I went there to purchase my first firearm(M&P 9 FS) and it has been an absolute nightmare. Their knowledge on firearms and their customer service are downright terrible, and I was lied to by one of their employees who gave me back a firearm that had supposedly been test fired(a lie) even though there was obviously something wrong. If you want the full story, you can PM me.

I'm actually shocked to hear this. I've been to the shop many times, though I've only purchased from them once, but was always treated well. All I can say is that I hope it was just an off day for them and an isolated incident.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Bobs in Plainfield
    Bradis.

These shops have good inventory and Bobs is usually priced better than most.

USDS has a lot to offer as well.

Bob's if you can handle the smoke and his singing.

Bradis can be ok if you get the right person... I've found more miss than hit there the past few years and no longer consider them worth checking out.

If it is a deal you are looking for I have had the best luck with Bob's.
    Trade value is always much higher. Case prices are lower.
    I have never had issue with the staff in there but they know me so there is that.
    Beech Grove is top shelf for selection/service and prices are fair.
    Stay away from Premier in Brownsburg. They just suck.
    Bradis is a very busy shop most times. Lots of traffic. Makes the staff come off short at times. I find them to be high priced by comparison.

I do a lot with 500 Guns on west 16th as I have known those folks for more years than I want to admit. Good folks. Tell them the churchmouse sent you and you will be ejected immediately...:):

Bradis will price match Plainfield. Always feel like they appreciate the business more than Plainfield. But I agree about trade value - Bradis will really lowball you, and Plainfield has always been fair to me on trades.

I agree with most of these comments. Shopping on best price, call Bob and see if he has what you want (avoiding the trip and the smoke if he doesn't). Trading, again go to Bob at PSS. As CM said, all the others are a joke when it comes to trading. I've traded a few items with Bob and compared what other shops were willing to do. In some cases Bob was as high as 3x what another shop was willing to do. If you want to do any serious discussion on a trade, talk to Bob and no one else in the shop. That said, don't expect an inviting place with great customer service. Expect best price on high volume items.

If you go to Bradis, go in when Mark (shooter521) is working. I know he used to be off on Sun & Thurs, not sure if that is still the case. Talk to him, and you will get outstanding service, great opinions on things, etc. If I need an opinion on something and want it from an LGS, I talk to Mark. Also for accessories, like sights, etc he is my go to for local. As stated they will price match as well, and they have decent prices to start with, but generally not as good as Bob at PSS.

There is a new shop in Avon area as well, only been in once during their recent grand opening, but their prices on guns looked to be in line, on the items I checked. Accessories, etc probably not.
    Grey Wolf Firearms - Guns for Sale, Firearms Store | Avon, IN I have no idea who good their customer service is for buying or post grand opening as yet.

Woody968

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 1, 2015
    Terre Haute
    Not sure how far you want to drive, but if you don't find what you want you might consider Top Guns in Terre Haute. He carries a lot of sigs normally and when I was in the other day he was really heavy on inventory due to a mistake on ordering. I have two p320's and I really like them. His pricing is very competitive.

not trying to steer you away from Indy, it is important to support local shops. Just thought I would mention it if you don't find what you want.

warriorbob

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 96%
    24   1   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    I've had nothing but great experiences at bradis and they are my go to shop for most things. USDS is another great shop with great guys. I just recently checked out grey wolf in Avon and their prices seem good and they had a decent selection. If you go further down 36 there's fort Liberty. I've only been there twice and both times i got the impression that me being in their shop was a bother to them.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I've had nothing but great experiences at bradis and they are my go to shop for most things. USDS is another great shop with great guys. I just recently checked out grey wolf in Avon and their prices seem good and they had a decent selection. If you go further down 36 there's fort Liberty. I've only been there twice and both times i got the impression that me being in their shop was a bother to them.

Same experience.........No more.

Markus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 13, 2015
    Indianapolis

When I lived in Avon I went in Fort Liberty a couple of times. Glad to hear that it wasn't just me that felt like I was a pain for entering their premises.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    When I lived in Avon I went in Fort Liberty a couple of times. Glad to hear that it wasn't just me that felt like I was a pain for entering their premises.

Similar experience, although I believe Fort Liberty was recently bought out, so things may be different now. They never had much selection and there were better prices to be had elsewhere.

hps

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 26, 2009
    Go look at any of these stores and handle the firearm you so desire***THEN*** go online to Budsguns and buy your firearm save yourself some $$

Top Bottom