• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    When I lived in Avon I went in Fort Liberty a couple of times. Glad to hear that it wasn't just me that felt like I was a pain for entering their premises.

Nope. Not the only one. I went in there one time, walked out in five minutes because they seemed annoyed that I was there. Same with Elmore's. They were too busy kissing each other's asses to greet me and ask if I needed help finding anything.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Nope. Not the only one. I went in there one time, walked out in five minutes because they seemed annoyed that I was there. Same with Elmore's. They were too busy kissing each other's asses to greet me and ask if I needed help finding anything.

That was my experience with Elmore's as well. Vowed to never go back, with so many other shops with great customer service nearby.

Markus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 13, 2015
    Indianapolis
    Wow - more guns listed on the website than I've EVER seen in there. And more coming in 2012! I can hardly wait.

Darrell is a blowhard who loves to hear himself talk, but Ed is OK. If they have what you want, or you can wait until they get it, you'll get a good price.

:lol2: That is why Darrell normally sits at the back of the store and Ed sits on the chair at the door. And the selection is amazing. I think they had about 25 pistols (including used case) and maybe four rifles the last time I was in there.

Small's

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 16, 2012
    south of Indy
    You might check the rural kings in the area. Sometimes they have a day with 10-12% off everything in the store. I just picked up a spanking new gen3 glock 17 for $388 before taxes. They had the gun on sale and a 12% rebate that day. Sometimes you can get lucky there.

jspy5

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 8, 2012
    Southern Marion County
    [QUOTE Same with Elmore's. They were too busy kissing each other's asses to greet me and ask if I needed help finding anything.[/QUOTE]

I go into Elmore's every once in a while and agree it can be somewhat intimidating. It seems like if you are not a member of the "club" you are just an annoyance. That being said, I almost always find someone offering to help me, let me coon finger several items and usually enjoy a good story or two.

Top Bottom