• ...and so much more!
  • Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    Does he miss it like a Marine misses 29 Palms?
    My cousin seriously misses the desert southwest. Even the high desert southwest near ABQ.

He's been plagued by severe allergies all his life. Once he graduated college in the SE (raised in the SE before that) - he went to the Phoenix area. Was there for 25 years or so. Then went to the ABQ area. Loved it there, too.

Due to downsizing / buyouts / reorganization of the company he was working for, he sought another job. This one wanted him badly enough that he was willing to put up with CT and their taxes. I have to presume that it's financially lucrative enough.

But every time it rains for days at a time (or when his area gets 18" of rain in 1 day like recently), or when they get multiple feet of snow during a storm - he laments he misses the SW.

However, he also LOVES the history of the northeast. The physical beauty up that way offers a lot, too. So do all the quaint small towns in New England. He loves that he's a short drive to a train station away and an hour train ride to NYC and all that the city offers as far as museums and history goes.

He told me that he's going to try and look towards northern AZ as a retirement spot.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    My cousin seriously misses the desert southwest. Even the high desert southwest near ABQ.

He's been plagued by severe allergies all his life. Once he graduated college in the SE (raised in the SE before that) - he went to the Phoenix area. Was there for 25 years or so. Then went to the ABQ area. Loved it there, too.

Due to downsizing / buyouts / reorganization of the company he was working for, he sought another job. This one wanted him badly enough that he was willing to put up with CT and their taxes. I have to presume that it's financially lucrative enough.

But every time it rains for days at a time (or when his area gets 18" of rain in 1 day like recently), or when they get multiple feet of snow during a storm - he laments he misses the SW.

However, he also LOVES the history of the northeast. The physical beauty up that way offers a lot, too. So do all the quaint small towns in New England. He loves that he's a short drive to a train station away and an hour train ride to NYC and all that the city offers as far as museums and history goes.

He told me that he's going to try and look towards northern AZ as a retirement spot.
    My son loved 29 Palms weather, 110° so much he took employment the last two years first in Kuwait and then Iraq 122°
    Lol

Top Bottom