• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    I bought a bottle of CROWN ROYAL BOURBON MASH Canadian Whisky.

Its not true bourbon. Technically its Canadian Whisky, which is slightly different, but its made with a bourbon mash.

$32/bottle

Honestly it is not bad. I'm not too fond of Crown Royal. This is a little better than most.

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co

Its not true bourbon. Technically its Canadian Whisky, which is slightly different, but its made with a bourbon mash.

$32/bottle

Honestly it is not bad. I'm not too fond of Crown Royal. This is a little better than most.

get it while you can! They aren't going to be able to make it, or label it anyway, after this batch.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    get it while you can! They aren't going to be able to make it, or label it anyway, after this batch.

They will still be able to make it.

But apparently the label is incorrect. So the next batch will have a different label. I'm not a bottle collector/trader so I have no desire to set aside a bottle as an investment when there is lovely brown liquid inside that can be consumed for pleasure.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    For those of you that like bourbon/whiskey/whisky cocktails: I picked up two bottles of some flavored syrups the other day from the new distillery @ Cedar Creek Winery & Brew Co near Martinsville. I got a bourbon vanilla and a peppermint syrup - made by another company: Hoosier Sugar Daddy - Menu

I got the bourbon vanilla for Old Fashioneds and I got the peppermint to make bastardized juleps.

First attempt the other day using the vanilla: They don't seem to mix very well. But I didn't use any utensils to mix, just swirled the glass around. I think either stirring or even cutting the syrup with a bit of water may help mixing.

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana

$32/bottle

I bought one tonight too for the novelty of it, don't plan on drinking it, like you, not a real Crown Royal person, but the label was what kinda sold me as a collection piece

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    This weekend's purchase. Two of them are under $50. The Buffalo Trace is one of my regular go-to bourbons.

xbFvfpq.jpg

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Had our high school fencing banquet last night. Kids gave me a bottle of the new version of the JEFFERSON'S Chef Collaboration as a gift. I presume one of the parents actually bought it, but we are talking about high school kids so anything is possible.

Near as I can tell this is the 2nd offering of Chef's Collaboration. Maybe the 3rd version? But at least the 2nd version. It is a blend of bourbon & rye.

Have not cracked the seal on the bottle yet.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    I recently began trying Bottled in Bond whiskey.
    Bought a bottle of Jim Beam BONDED a week or so ago.
    Not bad.

By law it has to be 100 proof (in addition to other things). So its not watered down as much as the standard proof offerings, but not as hot as some of the barrel proof/cask strength offerings. It tends to have a bolder flavor than standard proof and tends to be easier to drink neat than barrel proof. Its likely that if you enjoy BONDED whiskey and get used to it, drinking it on a regular basis, you will find standard proof whiskey to be tasteless or, at least, very mild flavored.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    Picked up 2 bottles at Binny's in IL that I don't think I've ever tried. Both were around the $30 price point.
    1. Hirsch Reserve Small Batch 92 proof (distilled in Indiana)
    2. Henry McKenna 10Yr Single Barrel 100 proof from Heaven Hill Distilleries. It's Bottled-In-Bond which means:
    -A product of 1 distillation season and 1 distillery
    -Stored in a federally bonded warehouse under U.S. Gov. supervision for at least 4 years
    -Bottled at 100 proof

View attachment 56723

Speaking of Bottled-in-Bond, I would buy Henry McKenna again. Hirsch, not so much.

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    Speaking of bottled in bond....

Opened up a EH Taylor Small Batch tonight I got a while ago, starts off strong with a promise of a long finish that it doesn't really keep, but overall not bad. Better flavor and taste than a 1792 Full Proof store pick and the Old Forester 115 I finished off lately.

Went through some lately that just kinda made left me wanting....I know what I want, to crack open a Stagg Jr or an Elijah Craig Barrel Proof......but until I get a couple more of either I just can't yet

Top Bottom