• ...and so much more!
  • edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    By law it has to be 100 proof (in addition to other things). So its not watered down as much as the standard proof offerings, but not as hot as some of the barrel proof/cask strength offerings. It tends to have a bolder flavor than standard proof and tends to be easier to drink neat than barrel proof. Its likely that if you enjoy BONDED whiskey and get used to it, drinking it on a regular basis, you will find standard proof whiskey to be tasteless or, at least, very mild flavored.

Yes, as you say, it has a bolder flavor.
    And compared to the 126 Proof Bookers is easier to drink neat.

I'm not a big whiskey drinker, but I like to have some around to take a shot now and then.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    $80 so over the limit, and not bourbon, but rather an Irish Whiskey ... been sipping on TULLAMORE DEW 15 Year Old Irish Whiskey since St Paddy's Day.

Its pretty darn good.

Mild flavor when it enters your mouth. Very long finish. In fact most interesting part is the finish. There is some burn on the way down, but more of a warming than a burning, and it is not harsh. The mouth finish, which is delayed, is spicy with some mild peppery bite that probably comes from rye? Don't really know how to describe it but its pretty nice stuff. The special box it comes in claims the flavor is bold, with notes of vanilla blah blah blah. I didn't notice much of the claim being true but I do rather like it.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Finally got the new SPRING MILL up in our area :rockwoot:

$23.95 for a bottle.
    90 proof
    Made in Indiana
    Aged 2 years ... then 2nd aged again (2nd age time not disclosed) in new charred oak barrels

I'm hoping it is as good and easy to drink as the old stuff. I noticed the distillery name has changed, but it appears the distiller is the same guy. Its also no longer billed as a "straight" bourbon. Both the old varietal and the new bottle claim the 'double barrel' concept but only the new bottle describes their process.

Still comes in the homey crockery bottle, which I appreciate as being different. Logo design/printing are very similar but slightly different than the original.

Probably going to give it a try tonight.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Gunaria and I just cleaned out the local liquor store of four bottles of this stuff...Good likker fer the money...

w03610656g_1.jpg

Gunaria

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 3, 2010
    Warrick Co.
    Damn Skippy...Zach is the best bang for the buck for under $20. It is smooth and doesn't have that lighter fluid rot gut after taste. The only major problem is finding it in stock at any liquor store in the tri-state area. Oh noes the secrete is out....soon this will be priced as the same as Jack. :(

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Brand new to bourbon drinking. So far I like Woodford Reserve, Blantons and Elijah Craig. My first purchase was a bottle of Eagle Rare. I like it!

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Had no idea Blanton's was so damn hard to find. Guess I got lucky with my first bottle... can't get it anywhere.

Planning to make a trip to the distillery this Spring, hopefully I can at least get a bottle or two there.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    The wife and I watched this the other night...Pretty good flick...Nice aerial view of Louisville and the Falls in it...Very well done, Steve Zahn (Kentucky resident) narrates and has a part in it...

[video=youtube;g4u42xAw19w]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g4u42xAw19w[/video]

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    The wife and I watched this the other night...Pretty good flick...Nice aerial view of Louisville and the Falls in it...Very well done, Steve Zahn (Kentucky resident) narrates and has a part in it...

[video=youtube;g4u42xAw19w]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g4u42xAw19w[/video]

Where can one watch this?

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Evanlee11
    Top Bottom